Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: v2.6 Tolkien Quotes Submod == Updated 28th Jan 2015

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: v2.5 Tolkien Quotes Submod == Updated 28 feb 2012

Hi again!
    Noted a fault of mine! The 50 new ones don't show up with source or with inccorect one, due to a miscalculation of mine. Most sorry for the inconvenience!
    Its corrected now

Those who got the files for 2.5 do only need to download the new quotes.txt in the OP this time.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

When I install TATW again, I'll use this one, Ngugi

Gondolin's Avatar Tiro

Seconded !! (:
    (The Silmarillon is the best)

Thanks gent's, very glad it's appriciated

Agree, haha, actually began my modding career with a little pure First Age quote-mod ^^ http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=452489 Quite limited audience ofc but lead to this submod, so good one in retrospective

Edit: And welcome to the forum Gondolin!
    Last edited by Ngugi; April 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: v2.5.2 Tolkien Quotes Submod == Updated 10th May 2012

Hello folks

ozzi have been friendly and made a proofread of the Tolkien Quotes Submod; thanks a lot for that! Please toss a rep in his direction if you may? ^^

It means more accurate quotes than in v2.5.1 and far better than v2.4 that those who have the TATW 3.1-version may enjoy.

Work with any version of TATW and submods so go ahead and enjoy it

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Done

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    ozzi have been friendly and made a proofread of the Tolkien Quotes Submod; thanks a lot for that!
    No problem at all, just filling in the gaps (if any)!!!

Will continue if I notice anything during gameplay...

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Done
    Oh, thanks... Wasn't even necessary ...
    Last edited by ozzi; May 11, 2012 at 02:00 AM.

TiFlo's Avatar Semisalis

I don't get to play much these days, if any at all, but this one is of the little treats I know will make my come back into TATW much sweeter and tasteful.

Thank you!

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Hello folks

ozzi have been friendly and made a proofread of the Tolkien Quotes Submod; thanks a lot for that! Please toss a rep in his direction if you may? ^^

It means more accurate quotes than in v2.5.1 and far better than v2.4 that those who have the TATW 3.1-version may enjoy.

Work with any version of TATW and submods so go ahead and enjoy it
    Sweet! *Arming the Rep bow*

Hi:
    Ngugi.
    There have a bug in descr_transition_screen.txt
    It is:
    quote "Quote_770"
    quoted "Author_7770"

And then:
    quote "Quote_770"
    quoted "Author_770"

It is ok.

Thanks for the heads up

Jabberjaw's Avatar Libertus

Hi Ngugi,

I have been playing MOS 1.41 and notice, from time to time, that there's still some errors in the grammar/punctuation... for example [I have had a quick look at the author's section]:

{Author_13}Sarumans crime, Morgoth's Ring

Should this be Saruman's crime?

{Author_14}about Saurons fingers, The Black Gate is Closed

Same here - Sauron's?

Also:

{Author_104}Aragorns grandfather, Annals of the Kings and Rulers
    {Author_215}Isengards invasion, Unfinished Tales
    {Author_223}Saurons forces is [are?] cast out, Unfinished Tales
    {Author_265}Saurons servants, Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age
    {Author_283}the Northern Dúnedains[?], Silmarillion
    {Author_324}the Orcs of [the?] Misty Mountains, The Hobbit
    {Author_325}the Orcs of [the] Misty Mountains, The Hobbit
    {Author_478}Gondors northern army, The House of Eorl

I hope this helps...
    Last edited by Jabberjaw; November 23, 2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks, yes it is
    Proofreading 1600 lines tend to be brain pulp so all input is appriciated!

Yeah - that's true...

But I work at a university and need to proof-read documents every day, so I am sorta used to it [actually, strangely enough, I kinda like it, since it means helping out others...]

Anyway, I will have a look at the quotes as well, and let you know if there's anything I can notice amiss there as well...

Most oblidged

Ok - here's some Quote problems:

{Quote_16}'You cannot pass!... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor[Arnor]. The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udûn! Go back to the shadow. You cannot pass!'
    [spelling]

{Quote_95}'Oathbreakers, why have ye come?'And a voice was heard out of the night that answered... 'To fulfill our oath and have peace.'
    [this one needs a space]

{Quote_101}No living hobbit (save Bilbo) could remember the Fell Winter of 1311, when the white wolves invaded the Shire over the frozen Brandywine.
    [should it be Hobbit? - maybe recheck the source]

{Quote_109}'Fealty with love, valor with honor, oath-breaking with vengeance.'
    [spelling? - valour with honour - recheck an original British edition - compare it to: {Quote_176}']

{Quote_133}All were slain... and to the land of the Haradrim came only a tale from far off: a rumor of the wrath and terror of Gondor.
    [rumour]

{Quote_326}Unafraid it perched by his ear and it brought him news. Marveling, he found he could understand its tongue, for he was of the race of Dale.
    [Marvelling]

{Quote_357}Venerable he seemed as a king crowned with many winters, and yet hale as a tried warrior in the fulness of his strength.
    [fullness]

Ok - I have checked up to quote 425 [half-way]. Most of the problems are spelling typos, or non-BE spelling variants. Anyway, I will take a break [it's getting late here in Japan] and do the rest in the morning...

Thanks a lot

Made all changes beside 'hobbit' since my version have small 'h'. Someone may check other versions, though Tolkien at times drop or fogrget capital letter at people names in my experience.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberjaw View Post
    {Quote_16}'You cannot pass!... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor[Arnor]. The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udûn! Go back to the shadow. You cannot pass!'
    [spelling]
    Are you tired Ngugi? I'm sure it should be Anor.

Actually I am, but yes haha, it shall be Anor naturally. Swop swop ^^
    'I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor.'
    -FotR

Hi,

Sorry about the mixup with Arnor - guess I have seen it too many times on the map... Anyway, it just proves the more eyes the better!

Here's some more comments:

{Quote_443}'Who does he think he is, setting up on his own with his filthy white badges?...I Grishnákh say this: Saruman is a fool, and a dirty treacherous fool. But the Great Eye is on him.'
    [there should be a space after the "?"]

{Quote_507}'Dont trust your head, Samwise, it is not the best part of you.'
    [don't]

{Quote_538}'A dwarf!' said Haldir. 'Thats not well. We have not had dealings with the Dwarves since the Dark Days. They are not permitted in our lands.'
    [That's]

{Quote_541}'It could be beaten like copper, and polished like glass; and the Dwarves could make of it a metal, light and yet harder than tempered steel.'
    [there are 2 spaces between "the" and "Dwarves" - need to delete one of them]

{Quote_687}'I hear wolve's voices! Are the Goblin's at mischief in the woods?'
    [wolves']

{Quote_802}But those who fell in Azanulbizar were honoured in memory, and to this day a Dwarf will say proudly of one of his sires: 'He was a burned Dwarf', and that is enough.
    [use double quotation marks " " for direct speech? - maybe check the source again]

{Quote_811}...though not in the direct line, the Hurinionath [the Stewards]... were of Númenórean blood hardly less pure than that of the kings...
    {Quote_812}...though not in the direct line, the Hurinionath [the Stewards]... undoubtedly had some share in the actual blood of Elendil and Anárion.

This is the actual quote here:
    These may be added, for though not in the direct line, the Hurinionath, the family to which Pelendur and Mardil belonged, were of Numenorean blood hardly less pure than that of the kings, and undoubtedly had some share in the actual blood of Elendil and Anarion.
    [get rid of the square brackets and extra comment? These are the only quotes with these extra brackets...]

{Quote_822}'But it is the Black Captain who defeats us. Few will stand and abide even the rumor of his coming. His own folk quail at him, and they would slay themselves at his bidding.'
    [rumour]

{Quote_827}'...for we knew already that the power that has reentered Mordor has no changed, and ever it betrayed us of old.'
    [re-entered? - need to double check the source]

Quote_847}'Alas! it has come more swiftly than I guessed. The Goblins are upon you! Bolg of the North is coming, O Dain! whose father you slew in Moria.'
    [the punctuation here looks odd - need to double check the source]

I hope this helps...
    Last edited by Jabberjaw; November 23, 2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: capital

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast