Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: v2.6 Tolkien Quotes Submod == Updated 28th Jan 2015

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default v2.6 Tolkien Quotes Submod == Updated 28th Jan 2015

Version 2.6
    update your version from TATW 3.2

Game Save compatible

Version 2.6 has been proofread and edited by Veteraan.
    Version 2.5.31 has been
    proofread by Jabberjaw.

Version 2.5.2 has been proofread by ozzi.

The objective is to create gameplay enhancing panorama over Middle-earths history with emphasis on the time of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, epic lore and the TATW content, through 850 citations.

This means
    1) that this is the chance to learn new or be reminded of knowlidge about Tolkiens work, like as who really said what or when.
    2) that quotes are choosen mainly from the famous late Third Age but some from/about the Second Age and First Age.
    3) that persons, races, realms, units, events and so on as we meet in TATW to some extent been collect here, so that all factions will get a piece of the cake, both Good and Evil.
    4) that for the gaming experience the lenght of quotes is acknowlidged, tested and adjusted.
    5) you won't get bored with same loadscreen texts over and over

OBS v 2.5.2 is implemented into TATW 3.2
    v 2.1 incorporated into FRoGS
    v 2.5.2 incorporated into MOS

Works with all TATW versions and all mods that do not change the quotations. SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE

Tolkien likes to use ; (Semicolon) as is a sign corresponding a . (Full stop). Thus I have handled semicolons as (invisible) full stops, this mean a quote can begin with lowercase or end without stopmark (.;!?). It's not that I've been lazy in some quotes

Preview. Brackets is removed since v2.0

Sources
    All movie quotes [but two...] is removed
    Earlier I had a version containing some movie quotes but it became obsolete and thus removed.

Most quotes are from the LotR book trilogy including appendixes. All quotes from LotR have quotations refering to chapter, not book. In the rest of the cases I most often only noted which book it comes from.

Silmarillions sub book "Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age", Unfinished Tales and The Hobbit has been given generous room. Quenta Silmarillion has not been forgotten nor futher sources as Akallabêth wich I used, but also Narn i Chîn Húrin, The Book(s) of Lost Tales, The Lost Road and so on.

Thanks to
    I give my thanks to Minas Moth who inspired me to make reality of this version of quotemod to begin with.
    Thanks to ozzi whom took upon hunting errors and helping me out, making v2.5.2
    Thanks to Jabberjaw whom took upon hunting errors and helping me out, making v2.5.3
    Thanks to Veteraan whom took upon hunting errors and helping me out, making v2.6
    Thanks further to all who reported errors, making it a better submod!

Thanks to all who facilitated the process of finding and sort quotes from my different sources.

Thank you also to the crew of TATW, especially KK who made it part of vanilla content, for the game and all people at this great forum.

Edits

25/11-2012 - Typos and errors corrected, one replaced quote; both files edited

28/2-10/5-2012 50 new quotes and many errors/typos adressed

17/12-2011 100 new quotes

13/12-2011 Shortened sources

9/7-2011 Major concept rework; no new descr_-file needed for those with v1.4

- New base for quote structure; explaining alterations within [ ... ] removed. Cites are now made more true to the orginal source.
    * All quotes containing brackets has been reworked
    * The author line has been better used to explain the quotes
    * In 15 instances, in 13 quotes (0,016% in v2.4), there are keept "sneaky" modifications: removed [brackets] and thus unmarked alterations (those are not fully accurate then)
    - In some cases quotes has been shortened too, if possible and decent
    - About 40 quotes has been removed and replaced to better fullfill the submods objective
    - Now with 2 easter eggs

Installation Instructions
    ==================
    1. Make back up's of the original .txt-files

2. Download both attatched at the bottom of this post into;

3a. Put quotes.txt into Third_Age_3/Data/text

3b. Put descr_transition_screen.txt into Third_Age_3/Data

4. Enjoy; and please comment if the work is to your liking or you got wishes
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ngugi; January 27, 2015 at 07:06 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Grand Quotes Submod

this looks great Ngugi, really gret job... can't wait to go home and test this... finally no more repeating qoutes all the time...

+rep

Thank you Moth, hope it will be a pleasure
    Last edited by Ngugi; May 31, 2011 at 06:00 AM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

---
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 07, 2011 at 01:21 PM.

TiFlo's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Grand Quotes Submod v1.1

Looks tasty, gonna give it a try.

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Grand Quotes Submod v1.1

very cool will answer your mail soon, think i have some free time this week great work !

Default Re: New Quotes Submod

Hope it will give a little more flavour to your gaming experiences too, guys

Default Re: New Quotes Submod v1.2

Update: New version 1.2 has now been up loaded
    - Typos corrected
    - To compensate you for the trouble; 80 brand new quotes has been added
    - Movie quotes version has been removed

/Ngugi

regarding your Opening Post's pic...would the easter egg be T.A. v3.0 release date ?

That would not been a Easter egg, that would have been the nuke of all combined Christmas, on this forum

Khales's Avatar Ducenarius

Thanks! Makes me want to read the books again

Quote Originally Posted by Khales View Post
    Thanks! Makes me want to read the books again
    Do so, had not read TT or RotK for many years when I made it and was a great 'reunion' ^^

I love this mod.
    Last edited by fender010; June 17, 2011 at 12:04 AM.

Default Re: New Quotes Submod v1.3

Wanted to stall my thank's until I now could post the last big update with this 1.3v
    700 quotes is enough even for me But the added quotes in it makes it still all the sweeter ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Wanted to stall my thank's until I now could post the last big update with this 1.3v
    700 quotes is enough even for me But the added quotes in it makes it still all the sweeter ^^
    It just got even better!
    Last edited by fender010; June 17, 2011 at 12:04 AM.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Most excellent. Thanks Ngugi, this must have taken quite some time. (+rep when I can.)

Default Re: Tolkien Quotes Submod v1.3

A minor modifikation of the quote-file posted. No new lines but some corrections
    Renewed download of the descr_-file not needed [for those who got the 1.3 version].
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 29, 2011 at 02:57 PM.

Default Re: MOS-users PLEASE COMMENT!! -- Tolkien Quotes Submod v1.4.1

Hello fellow MOS-user, or MOS-users to be.
    Please help us to improve your (future) game experience! Look at the beginning of the OP

/Regards N'
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 06, 2011 at 06:43 PM.

Khales's Avatar Ducenarius

I´ve already tested it and i prefer shorter quotes, because one can´t simply pause the loading screen.

And i´ll also prefer the quotes not to be altered . If you are used to the books you know what the quote is about, if not, well then you have something to think about

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

I choose:

. "They were many and fierce, but they came from over the mountains, and were unused to the woods." - Legolas about Orcs, in the Council of Elrond

or sometimes if you feel it could be better (but it can remove some seriousness or suspense):

. "The Orcs were many and fierce, but they came from over the mountains, and were unused to the woods." - Legolas, in the Council of Elrond

[ ] must be hidden, as they remove immersion somewhat: I think we must remove literary frame (ingame we're not researching in a library), that's why I added "in". Quotes should be in the more natural language (and we are confident you won't betray JRR texts).
    Last edited by Vifarc; July 07, 2011 at 02:41 AM.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast