Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AAR Preview - Duchy of Normandy: The Exiled Vikings +++ (new content!) +++

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: AAR Preview - Duchy of Normandy: The Exiled Vikings +++ (new content!) +++

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    That's what I was referring to, by chance will this mod be taking advantage of the engines ability to give a unique model to the faction leader? it would be awesome to see a king looking model on the battlefield for the faction leader.
    From what i can remember from the beta i think that is a no...but i shall check for you

Majkl's Avatar Miles

Default Re: AAR Preview - Duchy of Normandy: The Exiled Vikings +++ (new content!) +++

Seems like units aren't divied by colours, looks pretty messy but also realistic. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Majkl View Post
    Seems like units aren't divied by colours, looks pretty messy but also realistic. =)
    You are right my friend but as the game progresses depending on the faction you control, the visablity increases (the normans have the chance to become a feudal state, so their troops get a bit more colourful

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Looks awesome can't wait to give this mod a spin. I just wish the all of the bodyguard units were dismounted foot units excluding the Franks/Normans.
    Only the Late Normans, Franks and Celtic (Both Byrthonic and Gaelic) have horsed generals.
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by Celtichugs123 View Post
    Only the Late Normans, Franks and Celtic (Both Byrthonic and Gaelic) have horsed generals.
    That's too bad for the Celtic factions I was looking forward for my generals dieing on foot Brian Boru style.

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Sorry, I forgot, the Irish (Gaelic Culture) factions have 'on foot' Generals.

Please look at the Previews...

That's too bad for the Celtic factions I was looking forward for my generals dieing on foot Brian Boru style.
    What? You mean praying in a tent?
    Last edited by Celtichugs123; May 31, 2011 at 03:17 PM.
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

carth's Avatar Tiro

very very good! i really get nervous about this i really can not wait till i can play a game like this!
    will definitily be following this!
    "By the blood of our people, your lands kept safe."

Skep's Avatar Civis

hahahhaahahaha

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

Lol I first thought it said Lord ... the Ginger.. but it said the Ganger..

Quote Originally Posted by Desley View Post
    Lol I first thought it said Lord ... the Ginger.. but it said the Ganger..
    Being viking though he most likely had ginger or blonde hair

very nice. I like how you implemented "story" to the mod

Emperor Napoleon's Avatar Libertus

You forget that the man who killed Ard Rí Brian was chased down by Ulf the Quarrelsome and had his entrails pulled out!

"Ulf the Quarrelsome cut open his belly, and led him round and round the trunk of a tree, and so wound all his entrails out of him, and he did not die before they were all drawn out of him."

"You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's
    ranks."

- Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte

Showing us this gameplay is like buying a new toy and playing with it right in front of me .
    Can't wait for the release

Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye View Post
    very nice. I like how you implemented "story" to the mod
    It was meant to be a full blown AAR, but i just havent got around to it yet

Nice Preview, specially cause we have seen not much of the normanns in the past.

I know i should not critizise this wonderfull work, but i have to say the name "Friedrich" as the Rebelleader of the Caen Garnision is not authentic. Friedrich is a German name who exist in this form hundrets of years later.

I read at wikipedia at the english and magyar entries, but the entries are very small, so i post here the german entry with the name in all cultures.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich

In this timeframe and region it should be Frederich ( frankish) or Frederik.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

The Idea of Brian Boru dieing in his tent while praying after the Battle of Clontraf is of late being regarded more and more of a fable. A later addition to contrast the Heathen Vikings against the Pious Religious Irish.

There is no doubt that Brodar of mann did kill Brian Boru in his tent. But it is regarded by many as far more likely that Brian was not in fact praying but mourning the death of his son Murchad, who was slain during the battle after dropping his shield raising two swords and charging into the viking lines slaying several vikings and a high ranking Viking chieftan. And the fact that he had no heir to take the High King title and that Ireland would re slip into feudalism.
    Last edited by mBratach Glas; July 12, 2011 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    Nice Preview, specially cause we have seen not much of the normanns in the past.

I know i should not critizise this wonderfull work, but i have to say the name "Friedrich" as the Rebelleader of the Caen Garnision is not authentic. Friedrich is a German name who exist in this form hundrets of years later.

I read at wikipedia at the english and magyar entries, but the entries are very small, so i post here the german entry with the name in all cultures.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich

In this timeframe and region it should be Frederich ( frankish) or Frederik.
    Friedrich is the name of the rebel in the game, not my creation, complain to danova

According to mods timeframe, it should be Viking Frederik at start of the mod, and French Frederich later, after 900 I think (when the Duchy of Normandy was approach by Karl III, and Normans started to adopt the Frankish culture to themselfs)
    Last edited by Avetis; July 15, 2011 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avetis View Post
    According to mods timeframe, it should be Viking Frederik at start of the mod, and French Frederich later, after 900 I think (when the Duchy of Normandy was approach by Karl III, and Normans started to adopt the Frankish culture to themselfs)
    But in the AAR he is a fränkish-lord an not viking. So would Frederich also be good

Proud to be a real Prussian.

basically he couldn't be Frankish lord at 865 )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast