Dominicvs's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: More than 20 units in army Single player Campaign-Success

Next is some UI work to allow for this.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Wow this is brilliant!

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

By combining Wesley's 'half upkeep cost' mod with Albtraum's UI tweaks and implementing this save file change in the first turn, my campaign can have huge battles without imbalancing the game.

I asked Wesley for permission to combine his mod with Albtraum's and he said yes.
    So if Albtraum would be interested in making a new download that also packed Wesley's 'half upkeep' mod in it, we could make it the finished mini-mod with an added README.txt file with clear instructions on how to enable the save file change (maybe include a copy of the ESF editor WITHIN the download).

That's what i was about to ask. So basically what your are saying is that the extra < 20 units can't be seeing in the UI panel in battles? Must be tough to micro-manage them by resorting only to mouse clicks on the respective units and not on their unit cards, not to mention arty being completely useless according to what i've read in this thread.

If those issues haven't been addressed then i won't try this mod. It sure is the beginning of something. I'd say it's a great discovery my props to you sir. It resembles a lot to the military organization of the era, considering battles were fought with 4 to 15 regiments; each consisting of 28 to 36 companies (units) which at the same time these composed 7 to 9 battalions (each made of 4 companies), thus this mod gets you 2 regiments at the most if you are using 80 units, pretty close.
    Last edited by Ishiro; August 15, 2011 at 04:53 PM.

Plus Rep to Albtruam for finding this out thank you very much for your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt's Beaten Drum View Post
    That's what i was about to ask. So basically what your are saying is that the extra < 20 units can't be seeing in the UI panel in battles? Must be tough to micro-manage them by resorting only to mouse clicks on the respective units and not on their unit cards, not to mention arty being completely useless according to what i've read in this thread.
    This mod is improved by Albtraum's UI tweak, which allows double the number of unit cards to be visible in the game. My recommendation then is for players to mod the 20 units max to 40 units max, and if their processor can handle it, to increase the sizes of the individual units.

My complaint re artillery not functioning normally seems to be misplaced, as I experienced the problem with this mod not used. I'm still trying to pinpoint it, but have eliminated this tweak as the cause.

Good job!

The remaining problem is grouping function in batte.
    Attention should be payed in some points.
    1.Grouping units in order from leftside of panel
    2.Not remain some units without grouping
    3.Use number keys to select made groups

If standard unit number limit of 20 is determined in unitgroupframe file, It might be changed and
    hole of group function will be in effect.
    And is it possible that changing limit of unit number to 30 by 2/3 size of unitcards?

Hi all,

anyone tried to do the same modification on the Startpos.esf file for the Campaign at all?

I managed to find the same values there but cannot test it untill much later today.

Please try it and let us know.

Thanks,

HWick
    Last edited by HWick; August 17, 2011 at 04:16 AM.

40 units is the optimum with the mod.Groupingproblem show the pictures !
    Last edited by Albtraum23; August 18, 2011 at 10:31 PM.

and

Multiplayer savegame tweak show the pictures:

Quote Originally Posted by mochi View Post
    Good job!

The remaining problem is grouping function in batte.
    Attention should be payed in some points.
    1.Grouping units in order from leftside of panel
    2.Not remain some units without grouping
    3.Use number keys to select made groups

If standard unit number limit of 20 is determined in unitgroupframe file, It might be changed and
    hole of group function will be in effect.
    And is it possible that changing limit of unit number to 30 by 2/3 size of unitcards?

Yes it is possible to change the limit of unit number to 30 by 2/3 size of unitcards
    Sorry, but it is not so simple with the unitgroupframe file, i have test many configurations whitout any effects.
    I hope you have more luck !

And , i dont give up.
    Last edited by Albtraum23; August 19, 2011 at 06:05 AM.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

So, you only have to do that once?
    Not before every battle that is, but just when you start a campaign so you will have 40 units armies the whole campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Oggie♔ View Post
    So, you only have to do that once?
    Not before every battle that is, but just when you start a campaign so you will have 40 units armies the whole campaign?
    Yes. You apply the UI mod so that you can see and use your extra Unit Cards, and then you alter the factor (best to change 20 to 40) in the save file to enable the extra units for the remainder of that campaign and all of its subsequent saves.

Also use an upkeep halving mod to prevent the extra large armies from draining national treasuries.

And caution that you do not edit the save file to a number that is lower. It could cause a conflict with armies already larger.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Multiplayer savegame tweak show the pictures:
    good work! Though i would be also interested if this theres a way to do this for MP Battles, too? In the Recruitment screen i should add.

Hey guys, is there a way to add a couple of these amazing mods together in one. I really have no clue about this stuff I just know that it really add to the game and makes it so much more challenging. I would also love to implement this into mp.

Quote Originally Posted by bloody bill View Post
    Hey guys, is there a way to add a couple of these amazing mods together in one. I really have no clue about this stuff I just know that it really add to the game and makes it so much more challenging. I would also love to implement this into mp.

It will be up to Albtraum whether or not to package Welsey's half-upkeep mod within a combined upload.

But there is NO way in which you include the save-file adjustment into an upload, apart from including some sample saves from the start of certain campaigns, but that is unlikely to work on most players setups as hoped for.

Can somebody please tell me how and where to install this mod

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheflipper31 View Post
    Can somebody please tell me how and where to install this mod
    This is a development thread. If you want to use this tweak before it it finalized you will have to READ this thread in its entirety carefully. Start with the instructions on the first post.

Hey guys, I have been using this mod for a while and love it. I have found one issue and wanted to see if its me or everyone. When I play a campaign as Prussia wether its on NTW3 or LME the game crashes around late september. I tried six games all with the same result and it only happens when I am using the 20+ units add on.