Page 6 of 177 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Tiro

Default Re: Westeros: Total War FAQ and questions thread

Isn't hotseat playable in alpha? And about that....if i play with me brotha...how do one fight on same screen? Aouto resolve only aight??!
    1. "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."- Marcus Aurelius Ceasar.
    2. "One should never need to apologise for what was light-hearted banter.."- James Purefoy

Yes, only auto resolve is possible. Well, i think you can turn on that you are able to fight the a.i on the battlemap, but you can`t fight against another player on the battlefield.

Tiro

I can live with that...makes it trickier to choose the army stacks right...have to think how to counter his units with just a unit choise.... Intresting indeed.

How does dipplomacy work then??
    1. "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."- Marcus Aurelius Ceasar.
    2. "One should never need to apologise for what was light-hearted banter.."- James Purefoy

I honestly don`t know, i have never played an hotseat campaign.

Tiro

Wonder if it's possible, cus the 2player would have a way to click in the Dip.Menu if not by my hand....wich is weird i think if that works.

From what I remember (haven't played one in a very long time) I always found the best way to make the hotseat a good game with someone was to play as 2 factions who were natural allies and work together, because most of the built in interactions like diplomacy were pretty useless.. could be thats different now though as there have been a fair few updates since the last time I used it.

Tiro

Yeah, but what if me plays me favourite guys Martell(will play rest too but u know..) and me brotha wanna plee Lannister?! Seem we need soma diplomacy made ne?!

Why not try it on kingdoms 1.5? If diplomacy is supported there then there's no reason it wouldn't be when 1.0 is released. And like I said it's been a long time since I played one, I'm not sure if it wasn't supported when I played it or if I just chose to ignore it

I hadn't picked up on a certain leaders wisdom back then..
    "Some wars are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens.."

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by lh197 View Post
    Why not try it on kingdoms 1.5? If diplomacy is supported there then there's no reason it wouldn't be when 1.0 is released. And like I said it's been a long time since I played one, I'm not sure if it wasn't supported when I played it or if I just chose to ignore it

I hadn't picked up on a certain leaders wisdom back then..
    "Some wars are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens.."

U hadn't...that's a common fact i thought....how manny wars hasn't been won by diplomacy and pen pal systems

Twas a Tywin quote. Thinking back to my sad, misinformed pre-ASOIAF days

Tiro

Ay, i just came to think of something...how do i add a general by the descr_strat file? i mean i know how...but aren't the names differant when it comes to factions and such?? wich faction is joffrey in the descr_strat file and wich citie is kings landing??

So i know what to type in to add a character in to joffrey faction and capital?!

Thx ahead, M:M

Id like a responce before tomorrow if possible since my own comp doesn't have internet at the moment....so plz answer boys
    Last edited by Marcus Marcellus; July 23, 2011 at 01:19 PM.

Default Abdication ?

Hey everyone !

Firts of all, I'd like to thank the W:TW team for their great job. Being a huge fan of GRRM's work, I really enjoy playing this mod, even in Alpha stage. Keep up the great work !

I began an new campaign with Stannis's House, declared my self as king of Dragonstone, and then my victory conditions changed, as I need to be the only king in Westeros. It's written that I can either destroy the traitorous Houses or make the so-called kings abdicate. I'd just want to know, how could I do this ? I mean, I really enjoy crushing my ennemies, but if I have to conquer the North and the Iron Islands, while I am still dealing with Renly and Joff, my campaign could last a veeeery long time

How could I make the other kings abdicate ? When I played with the Starks, I utterly crushed the Greyjoy and Joff, but none of them gave up before vanishing.

I also noticed a few things during my games : Stark and Stannis's characters on the campaign map and on the battle field are mute, and the Storm's Ends knights are un-textured (the are made of silver, riding Danish horses ^^). I guess that the first issue may be caused by my game version being a French one, and the other by the mod still being in an early stage, but if someone knows a way to fix it...

PS : I apologize for the grammar mistakes you may find in this post, as I do not speak English fluently
    Last edited by Arkenon; July 23, 2011 at 03:34 PM.

Default Re: Abdication ?

The only time another King in my campaign abdicated was when he only had two settlements left and both were towns and stuff. Looking back a factor might be killing off the current king of the faction and besieging the faction heir at the same time. The next turn he abdicated.

Icon11 Re: Abdication ?

what does "abdicate" mean ?

is it vassalage ?
    Last edited by Noobio; May 13, 2012 at 04:14 PM.

Thanks for your answer Triumphator, I'll try it

Anyway, I'm still interested in an "official" answer, if someone knows it for sure.

@ : Noobas
    Well, I may have used an uncorrect verb, but it seems to me that "abdicate", when talking about a king, or someone who has got some power, means that he renounces to it. When used in every day life, it could simply mean "give up". That's the correct defintion in French for "abdiquer", and I suppose it is the same in English.
    Last edited by Arkenon; July 23, 2011 at 03:31 PM.

ok thanks...i guess it's a bit of an "intellectual" term in english and i've never encountered it before

so it is about vassalage ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Marcellus View Post
    Ay, i just came to think of something...how do i add a general by the descr_strat file? i mean i know how...but aren't the names differant when it comes to factions and such?? wich faction is joffrey in the descr_strat file and wich citie is kings landing??

So i know what to type in to add a character in to joffrey faction and capital?!

Thx ahead, M:M

Id like a responce before tomorrow if possible since my own comp doesn't have internet at the moment....so plz answer boys
    That is pretty easy to figure out, just search for a general in the faction you want to add a new one too, for instance if Joffrey then search for Joffrey or the Hound. Once you have found their entry you can see how it is done, just do a copy and paste and change the relevant bits (name, traits, age, etc, etc).

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx54321 View Post
    That is pretty easy to figure out, just search for a general in the faction you want to add a new one too, for instance if Joffrey then search for Joffrey or the Hound. Once you have found their entry you can see how it is done, just do a copy and paste and change the relevant bits (name, traits, age, etc, etc).
    Can i by this post assume that the right files are in the WTW data maps? Is there a descr strat file in there?! i belive i haven't seen one....should take a better look tomorrow ey!?
    Thanks mate!

Can i find the "name list" for possible random names for a faction in the same file?! I know Velaryon is a joffry possible name..but is Eon a possible first name?! Id like a Eon Velaryon in there...and the possibility to get a boy named eon later too
    Last edited by Marcus Marcellus; July 23, 2011 at 03:31 PM.

It means to cast off something or to formally relinquish power. It is a lot in history when a Monarch flees the country to escape revolution or a coup. Ex. Kaiser Wilhelm after WWI

Cillian's Avatar Libertus

I would guess that it doesnt apply to anything in-game but I may be wrong