Page 5 of 177 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Default Re: This is ridiculous.

wow you guys are way too spoiled, try installing CoW..jesus, now thats a challenge.

Default Re: This is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    wow you guys are way too spoiled, try installing CoW..jesus, now thats a challenge.
    That doesn't sound good.
    I'm installing it right now, or I would be if FileSonic didn't make me download all 11 parts separately and wait 15 minutes after each finishes.
    More fun?

Default Re: Kingdoms Total War?

The guys who made Kingdoms grand Campaign have made it so the horde function works. you could ask them how they did it.

Please rep me for my posts, not for the fact that i have a Pony as an Avatar.

Default HELP!

im sure plenty of people have asked similar questions, but ive been trying to get this mod to work for hours, and have no idea what to do! i have m2tw and kingdoms installed, and im trying to install the 1.5 patch, but it says i need m2tw installed first! but it is! and i downloaded the westeros unzip, and have tried clicking on the batch file but nothing happens. im terribly confused and just want to subdue all of westeros under my iron will... is that to much to ask? any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by kinginthenorth View Post
    im sure plenty of people have asked similar questions, but ive been trying to get this mod to work for hours, and have no idea what to do! i have m2tw and kingdoms installed, and im trying to install the 1.5 patch, but it says i need m2tw installed first! but it is! and i downloaded the westeros unzip, and have tried clicking on the batch file but nothing happens. im terribly confused and just want to subdue all of westeros under my iron will... is that to much to ask? any help would be much appreciated, thank you.
    Have you extracted the entire file to your m2tw mod folder? Otherwise the batch file won't find the installation.
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Are you sure that you have downloaded the right 1.5 patch?

Can anyone help me?
    I have a "clean" install of m2tw with kingdoms and with 1.5 patch. I copied the westeros directory to the mods directory, and started the game with tha westeros.bat file. The game starts, then i hit single player/westeros campaign, then choose a faction, and then it loads, but after that nothing happens. I mean its exits to the desktop without any errors.

On the clean install i mean i have installed the game fully with patches, but i have the hungarian mod. Can it be the source of the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Gülredy View Post
    Can anyone help me?
    I have a "clean" install of m2tw with kingdoms and with 1.5 patch. I copied the westeros directory to the mods directory, and started the game with tha westeros.bat file. The game starts, then i hit single player/westeros campaign, then choose a faction, and then it loads, but after that nothing happens. I mean its exits to the desktop without any errors.

On the clean install i mean i have installed the game fully with patches, but i have the hungarian mod. Can it be the source of the problem?
    Unless the hungarian mod messes with the original files, there shouldn't be a problem. I have several mods installed at the same time, all working properly. You could try to download the mod again, maybe you had a corrupt download? Otherwise I don't really know, since Im not a Team member and had no part in the creation of the Alpha.
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!

yess i have the right patch. but the westeros folder is just on my desktop. i cant find the mods folder. and i cant even get the 1.5 patch to install!

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

please seek out the technical help forum for the patch problem. we can help you further when that is settled.

btw, the westeros folder goes to .../medieval 2/mods.

Tiro

Default How to add character?!

Hi, i know this sounds silly but how do i add a character(place on map, put in faction, give traits?
    And is it possible to add a town and a lordship aswell? And maybe a trait? So i have somethin to do while waiting for release?!

Thx up front!

M:M
    1. "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."- Marcus Aurelius Ceasar.
    2. "One should never need to apologise for what was light-hearted banter.."- James Purefoy

Default Re: Westeros: Total War FAQ and questions thread

will Stannis' ability to summon his shadow every turn be nerfed? because it seems a bit overpowered to be able to kill off your enemies faction leader every turn and eventually wipe out every family member so you can just mop up the splintered rebels

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Quote Originally Posted by Gazzer-P View Post
    will Stannis' ability to summon his shadow every turn be nerfed? because it seems a bit overpowered to be able to kill off your enemies faction leader every turn and eventually wipe out every family member so you can just mop up the splintered rebels
    it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Marcellus
    Hi, i know this sounds silly but how do i add a character(place on map, put in faction, give traits?
    And is it possible to add a town and a lordship aswell? And maybe a trait? So i have somethin to do while waiting for release?!

first, you should visit the tutorial section
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; July 20, 2011 at 02:07 PM.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    first, you should visit the tutorial section
    huh?
    1. "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."- Marcus Aurelius Ceasar.
    2. "One should never need to apologise for what was light-hearted banter.."- James Purefoy

Here is a list of very helpful tutorials- I`m sure you find what you need there.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92488

Quote Originally Posted by kinginthenorth View Post
    yess i have the right patch. but the westeros folder is just on my desktop. i cant find the mods folder. and i cant even get the 1.5 patch to install!
    If you open up your Medieval 2 folder, you will find several files and folders (such as data etc). One of these folders are simply named mods. Extract the Westeros folder there, once youve installed Kingdoms 1.5 patch, and then run the batch file again.

Mostly, the directory for your install is as follows:

Windows 7 (and Vista I belive)

C(or D):\Users\My name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods

XP and older:

C(or D):\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods

Tiro

Thx, shall see if i can make use of it to make Beric Dondarrion Faction...or my own Dornish faction near Blackhaven...Like hord faction.

Hi, followed this for ages but first time i've posted. Just finished a martell campaign, turning fow off quite often so i could see how the ai was, and noticed that in the 70 odd turns i played the starks never moved past moat cailin once, and never attempted to retake karhold or the dreadfort? i realise you guys have come a long way since the alpha release and if theres anything that can be done you've already picked up on it, but just thought i'd ask. Also will hotseat be functional in the final release?

p.s. the alpha is still awesome

We have worked on the a.i and yes hotseat will be included.

sweet, everything was going so well in my campaign till i had to invade the starks just to kill roose