Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Quote Originally Posted by breton_knight 31 View Post
    I'm not interested in the mod anymore , however I want to see what kind of violence are you going to inflict upon the mod creators...
    On behalf of myself I would like to say: cool man.. if anybody want to inflict violence on me feel free to book a flight to Sweden. You better hope the cold gets to you before I do silly little boy...

On topic: Scripters are absent/busy thats why no progrezz
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Is there any foreseeable time when they will not be busy? If not, could you please explain why the team isn't either a) releasing a Beta or b) actively recruiting new coders.

I know I said I was done commenting on this issue. But it is frustrating as that some pissy offand comment merits a response but a series of petitions from fans and former team members alike for a beta is met with more silence.

LOL they just don't give a fu*k bro !!

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    On behalf of myself I would like to say: cool man.. if anybody want to inflict violence on me feel free to book a flight to Sweden. You better hope the cold gets to you before I do silly little boy...

On topic: Scripters are absent/busy thats why no progrezz
    Yikes...

While this isn't really related to Total War, I just was wondering if someone was planning on making ASoIaF mod for the upcoming game M&B: Bannerlord? I hope to play this mod someday too but chances are it won't be anytime soon unless as AnxiousAndroid42 stated, the game is released as a beta. Happy New Year everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousAndroid42 View Post
    Is there any foreseeable time when they will not be busy? If not, could you please explain why the team isn't either a) releasing a Beta or b) actively recruiting new coders.

I know I said I was done commenting on this issue. But it is frustrating as that some pissy offand comment merits a response but a series of petitions from fans and former team members alike for a beta is met with more silence.

From a guy that used to be in the team I have to say that there is just no more drive anymore.
    There are no on going efforts to find new members or find solutions to the problems and there haven't been any for YEARS.

This thing should have released around 2014 limping as it was. I am sure some submodders would have the issues fixed years ago.
    The issue with this mod is feature creep and lack of deadlines.

Since everyone, whoever is active anymore, is waiting on "coders" it constantly gets pushed back so people keep adding stuff to it to pass the time until somebody shows up to fix the problems. Which wont happen because of the reasons I previously mentioned. Most of the original modders like me completed their tasks years ago and told to wait until coders fix things which never happened... just more features added to make the fixing process even more complicated.
    I have argued with the team leader several times of just releasing it and see what happens but you get the usual line "Oh we are just so close... might as well complete it"

I would say the mod is 90% what it was at least 3 years ago.

EDIT: Little disclaimer since they locked me out of the "developer" forum I don't see whats going on in there for months now but I doubt the status-quo has changed.
    Last edited by Toho; January 01, 2018 at 11:59 PM.

Thanks for officially confirming what everybody here came to presume over the years, although it's very sad to hear. It's also hard to believe that among all the talented coders who are working on all these mods here on twcenter, there are no Asoiaf fans who are willing to help on finishing this supposedly great mod. Of course the team-members who created all the content for this mod in their free time have all the right in the world to decide whether and when to release it. What is the problem of making a public notice and asking for help or making the contents public available so that anyone able and willing can finish them? I seriously can't see any reasons not to do that and I can't imagine that there would not be some gifted people who would finish it with pleasure if they got the chance.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

cool your heals guys. i could upload this today, with a script that is so complex it still throws out errors. if any submodders out there can simply "fix it", why hasnt one of the supposedly countless people able to do so stepped up?

you want something thats as likey as a new sega release to act up on you? maybe toho wants to step up himself, instead of producing drama, thatll be a first.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    you want something thats as likey as a new sega release to act up on you
    Yes, actually. That is exactly what every single person in this thread, including (again) multiple former team members, has been asking for for the last month. And past the seven year mark you have kind of lost the right to accuse us of impatience. I didn't start this beta discussion as an attack on you or anyone, or to cause drama. Do you really disagree that what is happening right now, what has been happening for years, isn't working? That something needs to change? If the coding isn't getting done, yes, absolutely, make the beta public and if there are people who can fix it, they'll fix it. If there aren't, they won't. But how will anyone even know whether they are able to fix the script when a beta isn't out there for them to see and tinker with? Nobody is going to ride in on a white stallion and rescue the mod when you aren't advertising what the problem is and actively recruiting. Put it out there and at least people will be able to look at the issue and try to resolve it.
    Last edited by AnxiousAndroid42; January 02, 2018 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Phone messed up formatting, yet again

if any submodders out there can simply "fix it", why hasnt one of the supposedly countless people able to do so stepped up?
    I never said, nor implied, that fixing it was easy. Have you asked people to help? If really no one is able to fix it, have you thought about simplifying it by cutting out some stuff that makes it so complex? A little less perfect mod is much better than a perfect mod that never gets released.

cool your heals guys. i could upload this today, with a script that is so complex it still throws out errors. if any submodders out there can simply "fix it", why hasnt one of the supposedly countless people able to do so stepped up?
    Its your job as the leader to keep the mod progress going.
    Sitting on your hands and hopping someone shows up is not a proper strategy.

So much time has passed that I doubt even if you release anyone would be willing to play it.
    Medieval 2 Total War is incredibly aged now.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Its your job as the leader to keep the mod progress going.
    Sitting on your hands and hopping someone shows up is not a proper strategy.

So much time has passed that I doubt even if you release anyone would be willing to play it.
    Medieval 2 Total War is incredibly aged now.
    I still would. Every total war game since medieval 2 is total garbage except maybe shogun 2.

I could upload this today, with a script that is so complex it still throws out errors. You want something thats as likey as a new sega release to act up on you?
    Hanni, buddy, I truly want to believe that progress has increased behind the curtains in the last months. I desperately want that to be the case. I'm afraid however after years of defending the mods progress tooth and nail that I've lost a lot of what was once faith; partly due to reasons you should know full well... although I don't blame you for that. If you've intentions to see this done in 2018 or bust, then I will trust you, otherwise...

If things are not in motion or soon to be so, then removing the unfinished and/or broken code and releasing a somewhat stable v0.9 might be the wisest course.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I doubt even if you release anyone would be willing to play it.
    As with a great many things, Toho is mistaken. Be it 1.0 or 0.9 the mod would gather plenty of attention and players.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    If things are not in motion or soon to be so, then removing the unfinished and/or broken code and releasing a somewhat stable v0.9 might be the wisest course.
    Exactly! There is always a way to fix things. In any case doing something is better than waiting for a something to happen on its own. I don't know how many hours of work have gone into this mod over the years, but wouldn't it be a shame if all that work would have been all for nothing?

Is there a logical reason why a beta isn't released?

Quote Originally Posted by David Baratheon View Post
    I can fully understand, from my own experience, that you don't want to release a big project you worked on for years in a kind of incomplete and unpolished state, even more so when it is not too far from being fully finished. That can be very unsatisfying for some kind of people. Nevertheless sometimes you reach a point when it makes more sense to swallow the bitter pill.
    While I would love to play the mod despite the vanilla games age, the number of players being interested in it won't grow with more time passing by. Of course the team is not depending on the number of players playing the mod as they don't make money with it but I am sure they would like to have as many people as possible enjoying their work. Overall it is a tough consideration but nevertheless one that has to be done.
    Just my two cents.

I would say that the following is most urgent:
    * Campaign Strat Map is not completed
    * Script needs fixing

If you know how to fix these issues and have a lot of time in your plate plz step up.

There are also plenty of concepts and issues that we maybe should consider cutting out for 1.0. At least if we are in the business och pleasing the angry mob.

* Ancillaries are basicly vanilla or undone
    * Our unique Traitssystem had to be cut since the guy who promised it was 99% done disapeared. Instead you guys will get vanilla.

So if you guys are thinking we are constantly adding new features I can promise you that is not the Case and have not been for a long time.

* Script needs fixing

If you know how to fix these issues and have a lot of time in your plate plz step up.

There are also plenty of concepts and issues that we maybe should consider cutting out for 1.0. At least if we are in the business och pleasing the angry mob.

* Our unique Traitssystem had to be cut since the guy who promised it was 99% done disapeared. Instead you guys will get vanilla.

So if you guys are thinking we are constantly adding new features I can promise you that is not the Case and have not been for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    * Script needs fixing

Thanks for giving us some insights.

But where is that angry mob you speak of? I only see some people who eagerly want to get their hands on the mod or at least get some information whether progress is being made after all that time. Isn't that a good thing? Would you rather have no one caring about your work?