Page 13 of 177 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863113 ... LastLast

Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Cillian's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Westeros: Total War FAQ and questions thread

Quote Originally Posted by Túrin Dagnir View Post
    Will we get any settlement on Skagos and any special unit from this island? I think it would be really cool: powerful, rebellious savages and... hairy unicorns (ok, they aren't necessary)!
    This
    maybe skagos cannibels? very lightly armoured, frighten the enemy.......

And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low? Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

Skagos interests me... i bet its not as bad as everyone says... but then again i definately wouldnt pull a lady gaga and walk around in a meat suit over there either!

Timur Amir's Avatar Centenarius

does anyone know if there might possibly be Others involved? Or are zombies too difficult to code (It would be awesome, especially if they get every man they killed as a Wight in a seperate army after the battle, which would help make up for the whole 'lack of ranged unit' thing)? What of Wildlings?

I'm sorry to be on such an inquisition, but the far North really interests me as an additional theatre of war.

The Others certainly won`t be included (for now). They would require too much work; We would have to make too much stuff up and it would shift the focus of our mod.

So far we haven`t thought about Skargos yet; That isle never played a big role. (Or any role at all, IIRC.)

The Tullys will have some AOR units, Including Riverrun Knights, but whether they will have Bracken Cavalry or not.. I don`t think that we have planned to include them at the moment, and we can`t keep on Adding AOR units to factions.. We would never finish them.

Houses in the South that still worship the old gods will have no piety; And their cities will start with some followers of the Old Gods around. Perhaps Characters that still worship the old gods get some hidden happiness bonus or something in order to compensate for the reduced happiness caused by low piety. (There wasn`t much rivalry between those two Religions.)
    Last edited by Lordinquisitor; September 04, 2011 at 04:58 PM.

EDIT: ninja'd

A Time For Wolves...

Your answer concerning the Others was more detailed than mine, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    Your answer concerning the Others was more detailed than mine, though.
    That was my moment, and yet, alas, it's gone forever.

A Time For Wolves...

Cillian's Avatar Libertus

Oh Marlon Brando you're so dreamy....

Come on Lord Inquisiter the North could do with a few more settlements IMO and Skagos would do nicely

And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low? Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

i agree... the north needs something bc it gets chewed up and spit out everytime you turn around... (sorry had a flashback to the books) and even ingame ive noticed the Southron troops are a tad better than my northern troops... plus betrayal... and those rascally Freys.. we just cant win... lol

@Lordinquisitor: Yeah, thanks for not making White Walkers. They scared the out of me in the show.

But could I ask another question again that you didn't answer?

-So will The Young Falcon (Harry), be dressed in Arryn armor, or Hardyng?

If i don`t answer a question it usually is either because i`m not allowed to talk about it or i don`t know an answer to that question.

Right, I thought as much. That's Hannibal's field.

are there gonna be "barrack" events about catapults ,trebuchets ,wildfire etc

are some units (wildfire ,warrior sons ,axemen of norvos) gonna be availiable through guilds ?

apologies if the question is already made

On the Weekly mini preview, we can see a Gold cloak with wildfire, for the Jeoffrey preview.

Some Units will be unlocked through events; But we most likely won`t use any Guilds.

If you're playing as the Stark's in 1.0, is there likely to be any real threat to your more Northern settlements like Winterfell? This is a question about game mechanics and enemy A.I. really, because I'm wondering what will happen if for instance I leave Winterfell very lightly guarded and heavily fortify my more Southern settlements (which border AI factions) Will enemy armies bypass closer settlements to target the lightly guarded Winterfell? Would they ever send troops by ship to attack Deepwood Motte?

Darkstar's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
    If you're playing as the Stark's in 1.0, is there likely to be any real threat to your more Northern settlements like Winterfell? This is a question about game mechanics and enemy A.I. really, because I'm wondering what will happen if for instance I leave Winterfell very lightly guarded and heavily fortify my more Southern settlements (which border AI factions) Will enemy armies bypass closer settlements to target the lightly guarded Winterfell? Would they ever send troops by ship to attack Deepwood Motte?
    AI is a work in progress but the main threat to the Starks at the start of a campaign are the Greyjoys. They will attack Stark lands by sea. Although sometimes they go after the Tyrells instead.

Will Jaime be Tywin`s heir?

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

he wont. as we cant make cersei the heir, itll be kevan most likely.

Maybe it has been asked already but anyway.
    Why is Eddark Stark dead at the start of Stark campaign?
    I havent read the books and only seen first 2 series of HBO serial and to me it doesnt make sense, Rickard was 6 and Rob etc young men like in your mod but Ned was very much alive.
    In mod it says he died peacfully...