Page 11 of 177 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Default Re: Westeros: Total War FAQ and questions thread

Thanks for answering.
    The mod is looking great so far, I bought MTW and Kingdoms just to play it!

smthhappy's Avatar Decanus

Well it's not unimagible Shaquille O'Neal is 7 ft 1 .. it's just extraordinary

ok i downloaded the mod when i go to load it a Product Actvation box pops up.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    He will be mounted. In the books he most often fought on horseback, too.

And no, he will be an ordinary general (Albeit with some amazing unique model..)- We are unable to represent his strength through any other means than increasing his hitpoints.
    But will he use a great sword?

Quote Originally Posted by FMLS View Post
    Will the Mountain fight on horseback or as regular infantry? I'm asking because it's kinda hard to image a seven ft tall dude on a horse (actually, it's kinda hard to imagine a seven ft tall dude at all! ).
    And will he use a huge long sword and be able to kill 3 guys with one strike, like he does in the books?
    I thought he was 8 feet tall....

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeFTW View Post
    I thought he was 8 feet tall....
    7.11 actually! But I didn't want to type the 11.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out, when i go to play the campaing for this, it tells me "please select from list". Any ideas?

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

if we go into the files and add names or surnames will that cause problems while we play? ive never modded anything before so this is new to me but i wanna change a little stuff. Also is their a way to make it if you coerce a general to your faction with a princess that you can keep their last name with their children?
    Last edited by MagUidir; August 21, 2011 at 11:02 PM.

@kaldayn, I guess that your Kingdoms version might not be updated to the latest version (1.5?).

@MagUidir, the names files are not difficult to mod, but they are very sensitive. Any typing mistake will result in an error when loading the game. So make sure that you keep save copies of the original files.

Cillian's Avatar Libertus

So...... whens it out?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Some time before Christmas maybe, you troll.

Cillian's Avatar Libertus

My new avatar......Can you see what it is yet?

And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low? Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

House Reyne, they're all dead like!

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

....because they were trolling tywin lannister.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    ....because they were trolling tywin lannister.
    I imagine this should act as something of a lesson for you... He. Does. Not. Approve.

A Time For Wolves...

Default Settlement Locations

Can someone point me in the direction of a map for this mod that show's all the settlement locations?

Default Broke as a Joke

Hello. I started my first game, and I'm having lots of trouble. I'm started as the starks, who start the game losing about 2000 dragons a turn...being that they only have 7000 to start with, that goes away quickly, and then I can't do anything else. I'm thinking the unit maintainence cost needs to be decreased a whole lot considering most of the settlements are castles, not cities, and don't produce much for money. Also, not sure why rebels in the dreadfort can build such a huge army. Like, to take the dreadfort, I literally have to send Robb's whole army up there at the start of the game. Not very realistic just from the story line. Before I can move any units up there they have almost a full army. And I lose a decent number of troops taking it. Then I can't replace these troops, because I'm losing money every turn...granted this is my first game of the mod, but I've played plenty of the vanilla medieval 2, and I've never had such a huge problem with unit maintenance. And then I get attacked by the Arryn's on like turn 7...something else that is incredibly wrong from the story line. Another thing I've noticed is that troops almost never retreat.

Default Re: Broke as a Joke

That's because this is pretty much this is just like vanilla, but yes, the troops rarely retreat. However, when I take the Dreadfort, it's only Ramsay and 2 units of mounted knights there every time.

What you have to do at the start of the game is this: disband all militia, as they cost insane amounts. Also, have Jon Umber and the garrison of White Harbor take Widow's Watch. Send Robb to go kill Ramsay just like you do, and march Roose south to take the Twins.

The reason the Arryn's attack you is because they take the Twins and then are almost guaranteed to march north from there. If you take the Twins, that should solve the issue. Oh, and then send the garrison of Moat Cailin to take Barrowton. Either that or the garrison at Torrhen's Square.

Ok, I'll give this a try. I did take the twins though, and the Arryn's attacked it anyway. Is the AI for them incomplete? If they attack someone, why the Starks?

Also, I don't know how you get there that fast, because by like turn 5 Ramsay has like 12+ unit's in there, and gets two more every turn
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; August 28, 2011 at 01:59 PM.

Default Re: Broke as a Joke

1.0 will fix everything. in the world. believe.

A Time For Wolves...