Thread: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Default Re: [QUESTIONS] FAQ and Your Own

Quote Originally Posted by David Baratheon View Post
    Surely a monthly, single sentence, or picture update on twitter wouldn't be to insane, right?
    Not for any other mod team it wouldn't be.

Here's a thought: If the units are all done, why not release a version of the mod that only features custom battles. Seems like an easy enough way provide some actual content and sustain the fans' interest for the release of 1.0. This would also allow for all the submods that have been stalled on account of 1.0's prolonged development to finally move forward.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

because like basically every other team, we dont release half cocked content. this may be different for rome 2 etc, where no campaigns can be done properly atm.

Hey WTW team just wanted to ask hows the progress on the mod? Also has there been any set backs on the mod like bugs, glitches or any other events that might delay the mod? I wants the game to come out as best as possible so please no rush cause i knoe your still hard at work with it. im sure i know this mod gonna be on top with mods like TATW once it comes out. Just wanted to wish the team best luck and smooth progress☺

Westeros: Total War dev team for the win

I guess due to the lack of any response to my SIMPLE questions this mod is dying. i guess been too optimistic for this mod due to the fact that this is a very complex project that requires time and focus but no updates are ever provided but what really bothers me is the lack of communication from the mod team to its fans and i thought praises to all your hard work you all put in would at least earn a reply but i guess not.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

well, keep guessing. the reply is the same, why is that so hard?

ITS DONE WHEN ITS DONE

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    well, keep guessing. the reply is the same, why is that so hard?

ITS DONE WHEN ITS DONE

i feel less in the dark about winds of winter than i do with this mod. grrm releases entire chapters. you don't owe us anything so don't take it the wrong way. but the twitter account was last updated in may with a screenshot. this mod to me has gone the way of half life 3. i just check every now and then for some news.
    "I will not be stopped. Not by you, or the confederates, or the Protoss. I will rule this sector or see it burnt to ashes around me!" Arcturus Mengsk

It really shouldn't be hard to understand that people care about this mod. They're interested in it. They keep asking because the only updates they see on the mod is when a member of the team tells people to stop asking about it or to check the twitter. (Which is dead, as stated above.)

Of course nobody here is entitled to anything. But would you rather it just be completely silent and everyone move on? I still check regularly hoping for some good news, but expecting the worst.

For god sake just upload some photos or tell us about the state of the mod, at least how much of it did you finish , or any release date , anything !!!

You fear it's dead? It's not. It's very nearly finished. There are no previews (I have explained this too many times) because there is nothing to show beyond walls of text that you wouldn't understand in the slightest and would reveal nothing even if you did understand it, there is nothing interesting to show, it's just busywork left. You've been given faction previews. You've seen units. You've seen Map Previews. It will be done when it's done. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanofHouse Smith View Post
    my SIMPLE questions this mod is dying
    "Is the mod dead" is the equivalent of a child asking "Are we there yet?". It's going to do nothing but irritate and enough of that can cause modders to quit. It's not dying however, so stop asking, your fueling your own fear.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    You fear it's dead? It's not. It's very nearly finished. There are no previews (I have explained this too many times) because there is nothing to show beyond walls of text that you wouldn't understand in the slightest and would reveal nothing even if you did understand it, there is nothing interesting to show, it's just busywork left. You've been given faction previews. You've seen units. You've seen Map Previews. It will be done when it's done. End of story.

"Is the mod dead" is the equivalent of a child asking "Are we there yet?". It's going to do nothing but irritate and enough of that can cause modders to quit. It's not dying however, so stop asking, your fueling your own fear.

of course there is things to show. show some of the tons of things that are different than .53 . show a 20 min lets play that highlights some of these features and have a couple of the guys on the team talk about the features and what it meant to include them in the game.

hell show a 5 minute video every week. i'm not buying the 'there is nothing to show'
    "I will not be stopped. Not by you, or the confederates, or the Protoss. I will rule this sector or see it burnt to ashes around me!" Arcturus Mengsk

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warrior6 View Post
    of course there is things to show. show some of the tons of things that are different than .53 . show a 20 min lets play that highlights some of these features and have a couple of the guys on the team talk about the features and what it meant to include them in the game.

hell show a 5 minute video every week. i'm not buying the 'there is nothing to show'
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Preview-Index

That's what there is to show.

edit: And hang on a second, you don't "buy there is nothing to show"? What kind of insane conspiracy do you believe is mounted against you, that the fans of WTW must never ever see anything of WTW? The people working on this mod (sadly not myself for a long time) are dedicated as hell trying to make this mod happen, and you dare to question their sincerity when they say there is nothing to show? What are you implying, that the people who have spent several years of their lives bringing something they love to life, have been tricking you all this time?

You are the reasons modders stop modding.
    Last edited by Mhaedros; November 23, 2016 at 07:54 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Bryce Caron's Avatar Ordinarius

The sad reality is a lot of modders simply do this out of the kindness of their hearts. It isn't fun, it isn't glamorous, it isn't particularly stimulating.

Life happens for some, and others (myself included) simply drop off the map because of other reasons. Instead of everyone badgering the team saying "When?", say "What can I do to help?".

Quote Originally Posted by warrior6 View Post
    of course there is things to show. i'm not buying the 'there is nothing to show'
    I couldn't care less what you buy, facts are facts, if you choose to think there is some grand conspiracy that's your wasted breath. I for one am done wasting mine on such behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Preview-Index

That's what there is to show.

edit: And hang on a second, you don't "buy there is nothing to show"? What kind of insane conspiracy do you believe is mounted against you, that the fans of WTW must never ever see anything of WTW? The people working on this mod (sadly not myself for a long time) are dedicated as hell trying to make this mod happen, and you dare to question their sincerity when they say there is nothing to show? What are you implying, that the people who have spent several years of their lives bringing something they love to life, have been tricking you all this time?

You are the reasons modders stop modding.
    Modders stop modding for a variety of reasons. I've never heard of a modder who quits working on something they've spent years doing, simply because fans of the mod want to see an update at least once a month. If the mod team is doing this for themselves, then I can understand the attitude of "We don't care what you want, just be quiet and wait" but if you want to create something that many people will enjoy, and you're proud of the work you've done, why not take some in-game screenshots to show it off? Generate more interest? Saying you have nothing new to show makes people question where all the work that's been done over the years is. It's really not a matter of what we're entitled to. It's a matter of, this would only be positive for you, so why not do it?

This is not like other mods where there are constant updates and discussion and changelogs, and there's those same few people who only cares about the release date. Most of us aren't even asking for a release date, simply a screenshot or maybe a faction preview or two. This is people genuinely curious about the state of the mod because it's been completely silent in terms of updates. I'm sure multiple people would be happily willing to take some screenshots and show off the progress for you, if it's a matter of not having the people or time to do it. It would go a long way. And instead of acting like we're all AGAINST you, when we're clearly not, just try and understand that you have fans, and those fans really hope this mod gets released. Fans of any mod will want to see progress being done.

There is a very large difference between a fan asking an innocent question and a fan demanding things and accusing you of lying when your response is not to their liking. I have nothing new to say on the matter.

That was a fun read. See y'all in a few months when we go through this all over again.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

What a roller coaster. Mod makers make the mod, take all the time needed.