Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ostrakon

I supported this when I was in staff, I will support this now. If AP wishes to be an *******, he'll have to accept the consequences. I won't miss him (and apparantly I'm the only one).

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Vorenus
    Just because I'm Pro Curator doesnt mean I am not allowed to have a personal opinion.
    Of course you have an opinion but when you hold an badge of office then you place limits on what you say publicly. Of course, there's nothing to stop you arguing this point of view privately.

Quote Originally Posted by imb39
    Of course you have an opinion but when you hold an badge of office then you place limits on what you say publicly. Of course, there's nothing to stop you arguing this point of view privately.

Not really, I can say what I like, but its what I do that has to be official. If I couldnt argue points I'd be dead in the Curia.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Not when you are discussing a possible violation of the Syntagma

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Not really, I can say what I like, but its what I do that has to be official. If I couldnt argue points I'd be dead in the Curia.
    You cannot however propose illgal actions such as you did...
    Now what were you saying about being dead?

Any new Bill, before ratified, could be discussing the violation of the Syntagma.

Who knows, the discussion might lead to a proposal. There is a difference between Say and Do.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.

but that is not the case here.

but that is not the case here.
    I said -

I say we strip him of Senatorii and give him ONE LAST CHANCE as civitates. Also there are his clients to think of.

I was offering a personal opinion, if I said -

Staff should strip him of Senatorii and give him ONE LAST CHANCE as civitates. Also there are his clients to think of.

I would agree with you

which is a breach of the Syntagma. Anyway, we should agree to disagree...

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

ach, the problems of high office

I've had to change my sig so that nobody could accuse me of dodging the censor (and even then, the 1st change I did made matters worse (thanks imb for saving me ))
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

Well, I dont think, based on those quotes from Justinian, that AP did anything very bad. The whole problem with what he said, is his title and responsabilities that come with it, and his (apparent) refusal of going back to the "Choir boy" act. The fact is, if you want to be in staff, you have to be a choir boy. A lot of people cant handle that 24/7 for a long period of time, people WANT to be :wub:s sometimes.

That being said, I guess this was just AP's way of resigning...*shrug*, I dont really mind...because now at least AP can act like a real person, instead of a moderator. That is...now, if I get him mad, he'll have less things holding him back in telling me how he really feels about me Thats good, imo, not even titles and responsabilities should prevent people from speaking their minds...be it imperators, or mods, or admins.

*shrug* Still a good mod and a stand up guy in my mind, huzzah AP!

which is a breach of the Syntagma. Anyway, we should agree to disagree...

So is discussing possibly changing the staff veto act.

agree to disagree

Also there are his clients to think of.
    We seem to be jumping ship at such a fast rate there won't be too many of us left.

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

I have no time for childish behaviour. I am unsure as to what conspired to bring about this change of behaviour I can only surmise that is was some sort of disatisfaction with the TWC government deliberations.

Regardless the actions are there the warnings were given. LV if you don't like the law then try to change it but try and institute the change before you try and influence a possible ruling on a fairly serious case, someone in your position has to much influence to be going about it any other way.

Peter

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

A single warning is usually enough to doom a Civitates candidacy. We can't refuse new Civitates on such bases and then allow old ones to stay for far worse infringements.

Really, it's not the infringements themselves that concern me most, it's his attitude toward TWC rules. He quite simply doesn't care if he breaks the rules, and that is not acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinian
    Now that I think about it, I think that Ostrakon (limited terms) wasn't actually legal. The Syntagma never says you can do it, and I'm not partial to the 'if it doesn't say you can't do it, you can' way of thinking.
    At the time, it was probably legal, because it was basically a bill of law, and those can obviously do anything not contradicted by the Syntagma. As of the Ostrakon Reform Amendment, such Ostrakons are explicitly permitted: "After one week of discussion, a poll of the Civitates will be started, stating the rank to which the object of the Ostrakon is to be reduced."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimirswell
    Like any other bill it must gather three supporters and then it goes to a vote. It's possible (though highly improbable) for an Ostrakon to be proposed by Staff and it fails to get three supporters and therefore cannot move to a vote.
    Ostrakons are not bills and do not require supporters. They don't even require the initial proposer's support; once put into motion, there's no mechanism for stopping them (except staff veto), so they have to be followed through in full.
    Crandar was as bad and if AP's ostrakon is being done "By the syntagma" then the old one broke it and crandar should be demoted to member.
    Nobody bothered, because after all he's not around anymore. AP is. If you would like to propose a full Ostrakon of Crandar, then by all means go ahead.
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

I do not understand how AP is stripped of all title by default. Surely there is to be a vote for which rank he is reduced to?
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

I support this motion. He knows he deserves this as he said earlier in this thread....
    "The ABC of our profession, is to avoid large abstract terms in order to try to discover behind them the only concrete realities, which are human beings."
    - Marc Bloch

Under the Patronage of Lord Rahl

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

AP i still love you, but you shouldnt be a civate anymore thats clear, hope to see you around

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I support the Ostrakon of Atheist Peace. I could say worse things.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eXc|Imperator
    I support the Ostrakon of Atheist Peace. I could say worse things.
    Why not say them?