Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plebeian Suggestion Thread

debux's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Plebeian Suggestion Thread

I agree with most of the things you said. However, if I didn't understand incorrectly, you said that the Caucasian Swordsmen unit should be replaced by a Galatian one, right?

If that's the case, I think the mod starts too late to include Galatians, unless someone wants to script them in. Caucasian Swordsmen might help to get some med sw infantry around that area, considering that it's all mostly spearmen.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    I agree with most of the things you said. However, if I didn't understand incorrectly, you said that the Caucasian Swordsmen unit should be replaced by a Galatian one, right?

If that's the case, I think the mod starts too late to include Galatians, unless someone wants to script them in. Caucasian Swordsmen might help to get some med sw infantry around that area, considering that it's all mostly spearmen.
    No, too early.

It could work for Pontos, not for Armenia. If its a level 4/5 tier unit, it could represent the fact it starts 30 years early.

Caucasian Swordsmen are the answer of Armenia. For both I would recommend they are replaced by Reforms by imitation Legionnaires.

debux's Avatar Senator

I believe that the Roman historians thought that these soldiers were imitation soldiers, knowing how centric they were...

It's quite possible that the troops existed from before. I'm pretty much against imitation legionnaires, also because I don't think they would fit in the social structure of those kingdoms.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Against imitation legionnaires also. And I meant Galatians for Pontus. And why say too late or too early? There are records that even the Ptolemys used them, less to say about the Seleucids. Of course, they were employed as Mercenaries, and hired from the region where they settled in probably, so not a recruitable unit for them in the game. But one could mod the gallic swordsmen as mercenaries in the anatolia region(they're already green too).
    RTWRM - back to basics

debux's Avatar Senator

I mean, because the Galatian invasion was around the 280-278 BC or something, and cosidering that the game starts somewhere around the last decade of the third century BC, it would be somewhat rather ahistorical. If the team pulled off some script that made them appear, no problem then with including Galatians.

I agree about how they could be represented. I love how EB made three units to represent them: light swordsmen+javelins, heavy spear/swordsmen and heavy spear/sword cav. And all these can be created with the vanilla units (vanilla gallic swordsmen, gallic chosen swordsmen and noble cav), which could always be slightly modded at least in their name so that they're more unique (Scutum is mandatory though , JK)

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah, you're right. Well, maybe they can be scripted in, who knows?
    RTWRM - back to basics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12