Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: sands of Conquest!:BETA( download)

Default Re: sands of Conquest!:BETA( download)

Download

How many fixes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dios-Sico View Post
    How many fixes ?
    THE DOWNLOAD IS UP TO DATE!
    (everything is in so far!,more fixs to come in the future!)

Ok, nice mod.

Release coming pretty soon!

To be honest, when I read through the comments I noticed the latest discussion which I find rather unfair to the guy who posted the comment regarding the difficulty of playing as islamic factions. What I mean is that to me; he didn't say it was a bad mod or so, only that he has troubles playing as islamic factions, that's probably not due to pure hatred as most of you seem to think but rather because of somewhat like; "leading a belief you don't share - to glory". Many people find religion stupid, thus not understanding the thoughts of religious persons and vice versa. I'm a christian myself, however I could go on for ages on the crusade comments and the comment regarding the "clown-ification" of christians, but this is not the place for it, thus I won't. I too have problems playing as muslim factions in games, but I do not have any hatred towards muslims - it's like I wrote earlier, it's a matter of mentality. To some people this sounds stupid and just wierd since it's only a game, but you shouldn't be too hastened to direct angry comments since these comments often have a diffrent message than one translates the first time you read it.

Obs; of course I myself could be wrong - I'm not stating that all of you are wrong and I'm right, I'm just trying to provide an alternative perspective to the whole incident.

Almost forgot my main reason for posting, heh.

Perhaps it's just for me or due to some kind of updating(?), but whenever I press the download link from megavideo, it says: "The file isn't available at the moment, please try again later". I will try again later, but if this is a download link problem afterall - it would be better to provide us with an alternative download link(perhaps I've even missed that, I'll check through the comments again to see if there is anything suggesting that there is an alternative link).

Mod looks great(I adore maps with island settings and geography). Hope this problem will be fixed within a short period of time so that I can go ahead and play this seemingly great mod!

Quote Originally Posted by a-woowie.doowie View Post
    To be honest, when I read through the comments I noticed the latest discussion which I find rather unfair to the guy who posted the comment regarding the difficulty of playing as islamic factions. What I mean is that to me; he didn't say it was a bad mod or so, only that he has troubles playing as islamic factions, that's probably not due to pure hatred as most of you seem to think but rather because of somewhat like; "leading a belief you don't share - to glory". Many people find religion stupid, thus not understanding the thoughts of religious persons and vice versa. I'm a christian myself, however I could go on for ages on the crusade comments and the comment regarding the "clown-ification" of christians, but this is not the place for it, thus I won't. I too have problems playing as muslim factions in games, but I do not have any hatred towards muslims - it's like I wrote earlier, it's a matter of mentality. To some people this sounds stupid and just wierd since it's only a game, but you shouldn't be too hastened to direct angry comments since these comments often have a diffrent message than one translates the first time you read it.

Obs; of course I myself could be wrong - I'm not stating that all of you are wrong and I'm right, I'm just trying to provide an alternative perspective to the whole incident.

Almost forgot my main reason for posting, heh.

Perhaps it's just for me or due to some kind of updating(?), but whenever I press the download link from megavideo, it says: "The file isn't available at the moment, please try again later". I will try again later, but if this is a download link problem afterall - it would be better to provide us with an alternative download link(perhaps I've even missed that, I'll check through the comments again to see if there is anything suggesting that there is an alternative link).

Mod looks great(I adore maps with island settings and geography). Hope this problem will be fixed within a short period of time so that I can go ahead and play this seemingly great mod!
    you support him well! Good argument
    I will re-try the links myself & if needed update them & I really hope you get to download the mod soon! & really enjoy it!

Rakki Raiden's Avatar Foederatus

Downloaded, installed, my priceless opinion will come later

Quote Originally Posted by Rakki Raiden View Post
    Downloaded, installed, my priceless opinion will come later
    good deal!

Rakki Raiden's Avatar Foederatus

Ok, I really liked this mod! I played as Jayar Jadar? (sorry forgot, little embarrasing). I REALLY liked the map despite the real world origin it was amazing nonetheless (I like the detail). I got slightly hooked.

However I found it a bit too easy to make money, mainly because of the mines. I conquered half the starting island and had made a million florins, i now have two million and nearly finished taking the starting island. The city Abbas was making 23,000 a turn and I had a fair amount making roughly 15,000 a turn each. Lol complaining over too much money.

I noticed they were from vanilla Sicily due to the princesses, Italian names too and I thought i'd point out that Jayar Jadar can recruit Norman knights (well I had some to start)

Sorry this sounds quite critical but theres no bad intentions, I really like this mod

Quote Originally Posted by Rakki Raiden View Post
    Ok, I really liked this mod! I played as Jayar Jadar? (sorry forgot, little embarrasing). I REALLY liked the map despite the real world origin it was amazing nonetheless (I like the detail). I got slightly hooked.

However I found it a bit too easy to make money, mainly because of the mines. I conquered half the starting island and had made a million florins, i now have two million and nearly finished taking the starting island. The city Abbas was making 23,000 a turn and I had a fair amount making roughly 15,000 a turn each. Lol complaining over too much money.

I noticed they were from vanilla Sicily due to the princesses, Italian names too and I thought i'd point out that Jayar Jadar can recruit Norman knights (well I had some to start)

Sorry this sounds quite critical but theres no bad intentions, I really like this mod
    thanks for the feedback! Glad your enjoying~
    & yes Jaya Jahar is based on Sicily

AuroN2's Avatar Foederatus

Awesome! I get to play in a very sandy version of my country, definately downloading.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroN2 View Post
    Awesome! I get to play in a very sandy version of my country, definately downloading.
    LoL!~enjoy!

Is this mod finished by the way Druvatar or are you still working on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Malanthor View Post
    Is this mod finished by the way Druvatar or are you still working on it?
    actually a whole lot more can be done with it! but right now I am putting all my focus here:
    Claimants, Heirs & Conquerors: Tempesta` Meditteraeno`(new video preview 12/30/11, beta download link released)first update

Yeah ive noticed a few things that could use a helping hand.
    That new mod of yours look interesting, i just have a tendency to steer away from mods with guns in -the more guns the less happy i am. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Malanthor View Post
    Yeah ive noticed a few things that could use a helping hand.
    That new mod of yours look interesting, i just have a tendency to steer away from mods with guns in -the more guns the less happy i am. Hehe.
    I am thinking about doing next a mod that is about the "Ancient world" during the Greek hellenistic period, so obviously no gunpowder! I actually am thinking may be just limit it to the Greek area & city states

I'm having a bit trouble understanding this mods setting , It features Islamic Dynasties fighting in Australia right ?

Nice greek is a fun setting to play around with.
    You strike me as a man with many irons in the fire. Hehe.

Master_Mind: its not australia as i understand it, its just a piece of land, ignore what it looks like. And yeah its arabian factions fighting on a piece of land that looks like our worlds australia if i understand it right.