Thread: Guidelines For Technical Support

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Default Guidelines For Technical Support

Please follow some simple basic guidelines when posting questions and problems:

1. This forum will address any issues you are experiencing with DMS.
    2. Please provide as much detailed and relative information as possible.
    3. Where possible or applicable please provide crash reports, DXdiags etc.
    4. While every effort will be made to assist with any and all problems please remember that any issues with sub-mods, vanilla and non related DMS issues need to be directed to the relative mod threads/sub-forums or the Shogun 2 Technical Help.
    5. Where applicable and possible provide system details, especially with regards to poor performance and CTD issues.
    6. Also please check other threads if you are having a similar problem as your issue might already have been dealt with.
    7. Once issues have been solved they will be correlated and posted in a FAQ guide to assist everyone, if you have any detailed or specific workarounds or solutions for common problems please PM me with "TECH HELP SOLUTION" and i will include it in the FAQ.
    8. Reports on common bugs need to please be labeled as such [BUG], once this has been confirmed we will again correlate it into a FAQ for everyones benefit.
    9. Most common vanilla BUG'S Thread
    10. Support can only be provided for the latest version of DMS, where possible older version questions will be answered, however this will not be a priority.
    11. Please be patient for solutions and help
    12. Please use the following structure for reporting, just copy/paste it:

Issue:
    Brief Description:
    Error Reports:
    Attached Pictures:
    System Specs:

Latest DM version with installation instructions
    Last edited by DARTH VADER; May 19, 2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Spelling errors corrected.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Guidlines For Technical Support

Known [Bugs].

Conflicts& Minor Issues
    AUM& Retexture
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Alot of people are reporting lately:

missing units
    ghosted units
    CTD's in battle loading

and other graphical glitching. This is mainly caused with a slight incompatibility with re-textures and AUM. However the issue is quickly resolved by ENSURING you are using the correct AUM pack.

If you look at Swiss Halbediers main AUM mod thread you will notice this file list at the bottom:

aum_sho_mod.7z (1.53 MB, 331 views)
    aum_sho_mod_retextures.7z (1.55 MB, 191 views)
    aum_sho_dms.7z (1.53 MB, 251 views)
    aum_sho_mod_dms_retextures.7z (1.54 MB, 232 views)

Because retextures is a standard default now please use the file highlighted green. If you have retexture disabled or use the DMS packfile and you dont use retexture at all then please use the file highlighted in blue.

This will solve your issue

Colours & Retexture

Please Be aware that you can only run one of these mods at a time

GENERAL POINTERS FOR DMS TROUBLESHOOTING
    -please PM me with any that you have found to help you out

1.Before installing
    -Verify your game cache integrity through Steam; Steam->Games Library-> Right click on game->Game Properties ->Local Content TAB-> Verify Button.
    -Check the correct file path as per the installation instructions.

2. While installing make sure you have no Anti Virus programs running and ensure you have Admin permissions on full access as this seems to be a major stumbling point for gamer's who share their PC's with inconsiderate family members

3. After the installation has finished some people are tempted to verify the game cache again....!!!!PLEASE DONT!!!!..... although this might have minimal to no affect as our lord gift us with mod-foldered files for our ease of enjoyment there is a possibility that steam isn't happy about something and might mess up the installation by replacing Vanilla files.

4.Launcher Users- As there seems to be a few conflicting issues with the launcher version at the moment, the best recommendation i can make is keep the settings as basic as possible while playing or run a couple of test campaigns before committing to a major one and check everything is running fine and how you want it.
    Please take note of any CTD's after you have changed working options so that we can assist more effeciently in errors and issues

5. Pack File Users- Please remember to change your scripting accordingly; i know each mod creator has very kindly put their script entries in plain sight so ensure you are using the right entries.

Dear DMS............
    More guidelines and pointers from you the users of our beloved mod....

Hi,
    I downloaded the pack-only version and put darthmod_shogun.pack into the Data folder, and the user script into the correct folder. Is that all I have to do? Are there any tell-tales so I know that it's working?
    Quickest way is to check your unit sizes: standard DM size for Yari Ashigaru should be 300 men

Clicking on the diplomacy panel crashes my game.
    Try disabling the Oda boost.
    Remove all non DMS related mods.
    Try verifying game cache by right clicking shogun in Steam selecting properties,local files and verify game cache.
    Try this in the order its written and tell me how it works out.

So i have the launcher, and it opens fine - however, when i press the options bat file opens as text-
    when i press play - bat opens , writting

@echo off
    cd ..
    cd ..
    start shogun2.exe
    exit

...what is the meaning of this? did i do something wrong? i am logged into stream and everything when this happens
    This is just your bat file loading along with the script, more often than not it merely loads without you noticing but in the rare cases it does don't panic....its all good

Launcher Options

For DMS users battling with some options this little section will show you what some other users are doing to enhance/enjoy their DMS experience.
    Please remember these are only recommendations from fellow DM users

Projectile trails off (ugly!)
    Horo on (pretty!)
    Oda-Tokugawa allies on (works perfectly, balanced, recommended over Oda boost)
    JFC Unit Cards on
    Realm Divide Mild on

Demokritos Mod on (this is probably off as I've turned on the Unit Variety mod)
    Clan Retexture off
    Atmospheric sounds on
    Japanese speech fix on
    Furinkazan off
    Sashimono removal off
    Toon Lite graphics on
    Elvasat's mod on (preferred over Furinkazan)
    Unit Variety mod on

Projectile boost off (strong enough already, just learn to use archers properly you lazy -----)
    Ashigaru boost off (also strong enough!)
    Oda boost off
    Income boost off (tried with Chosokabe and I didn't like it)
    Ashikaga boost on (works all right in some campaigns)

Normal unit size (vanilla ultra, Yari Ashigaru = 200) (playing on laptop, DM sizes = overheating = lag-g-g)

Script Examples:

Also examples of working scripts for packfile users mostly, but launcher users can also use the example to check off their active mods

mod aum_sho_mod_dms.pack;-always ensure this is the right pack, especially if you are using re-texture mods
    mod Sengoku_Unit_cards.pack;-just another personal preference
    mod Toons_Shogun2.pack;-my favourite all in one pack
    mod darthmod_shogun.pack;critical to play DMS
    ACC_20c_banners.pack;- another personal preference
    Z_Extended_1640_All_Monthly_Turn_Ikko_Ikki.pack;-there are possibly newer/differrent versions but this works great for me.
    battle_camera_shake_enabled false;-pretty much standard in most mods now
    campaign_unit_multiplier 1.75;-very important if you like the bigger unit sizes common alternatives are 1.25/1.5/2.00 it also works in the reverse using for instance like 0.75 etc but thats if your system is really struggling.
    Also be aware that the "movie mod" format is increasingly popular amongst modders and those dont require a script line to activate them. So bare in mind when you are changing, removing,swapping or updating mods that these mods will lurk in your data folder until manually removed.
    Last edited by ♔DARTH LEGO♔; August 10, 2011 at 05:55 AM.

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Default Re: Guidlines For Technical Support

Good show mate!