Thread: Unit upkeep on 80%, 70%, 60% and 50% of vanilla values + further changes

fingon's Avatar Tiro

Icon7 Unit upkeep on 80%, 70%, 60% and 50% of vanilla values + further changes

Hi guys,

I have just modded the vanilla upkeep of all units. The upkeep was made strictly by Math formula and "rounded" (to the whole numbers), so you don´t need to be worry about any unbalances. There are 4 versions of the upkeep.

CHANGES:

1)
    a) Upkeep on 80% of the vanilla´s upkeep (20% less than vanilla)
    b) Upkeep on 70% of the vanilla´s upkeep
    c) Upkeep on 60% of the vanilla´s upkeep
    d) Upkeep on 50% of the vanilla´s upkeep (50% less than vanilla)

This mod is implementing also the Radious idea (here) of

2) One turn construction of all units (all units has only 1 turn of construction to build)
    3) No limit on construction of elite units (you can build them just like the regular units)

These 2 changes first implemented by Radious are quite easy to change in the vanilla file once you extract it, but I still give Radious credits for releasing them first. And I don´t want to tweak them a little bit just to be different from Radious.

I am planning further tweaks in the units table, which I ll be posting here in this thread. If you have any proposals on changes, don´t hesitate and post them in the thread.

BTW: Like a year ago (several months after the release of NTW), I made a mod adding a new faction of Bohemia to the Napoleon: Total war. I never released it despite it was quite fininshed (images, portraits, units etc..), but I am planning to do so, if there will be some interest. It still needs some further developpement, but its quite complex and I might be releasing it in a month or so..

COMPATIBILITY:
    This mod is compatible with the latest patch (9th of May 2011) and fully compatible with any mod not changing units table.

INSTALLATION: Place in the data folder of your game. (This is a movie type of the pack - no need to add something in the user script)

CREDITS:

Lord Maximus and his predecessors for PFM
    Radious for his idea in Limit and Upkeep mod.
    Last edited by fingon; May 14, 2011 at 05:04 AM.

Armageddonn's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Unit upkeep on 80%, 70%, 60% and 50% of vanilla values + further changes

Any way to make this mod without the 1 turn for all units and the no limit on construction of elite units tweak,just the upkeep without those 2?
    Last edited by Armageddonn; May 18, 2011 at 05:38 PM.

Armageddonn's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Unit upkeep on 80%, 70%, 60% and 50% of vanilla values + further changes

Nvm my last post i did it myself

Im just curious if there is a way to lower upkeep costs on VERYHARD for the player only. I like the AI advantages and the AI's tactics more on very hard. But i don't like having such a restrictive early game economy. Ive tried poking around in campaign_difficulty_handicaps_effects but nothing , literally nothing in there seems to effect anything for the player.

But im assuming this mod just hits the base upkeep of all units? player and AI across all difficulties?

I actually would like a version of this without the one turn recruiting and unlimited special units. If this isn't too much trouble.

I just signed up to ask if someone could please share a version of this mod that actually works at 50% upkeep and does not have the 1 turn build for units.

This is a more elegant solution, in my oppinion, to achieve the same result.

It will reduce upkeep by 50% for all difficulties, for the player and the AI, for armies and navies.

It will be compatible with any other mod since I edited the handicap tables, instead of editing the entire unit table.
    Recruitment time is unaltered.

Hope it was what you were looking for. Movie format, just unpack in the data folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Vragos View Post
    This is a more elegant solution, in my oppinion, to achieve the same result.

It will reduce upkeep by 50% for all difficulties, for the player and the AI, for armies and navies.

It will be compatible with any other mod since I edited the handicap tables, instead of editing the entire unit table.
    Recruitment time is unaltered.

Hope it was what you were looking for. Movie format, just unpack in the data folder.
    Thanks a ton works great!

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddonn View Post
    Any way to make this mod without the 1 turn for all units and the no limit on construction of elite units tweak,just the upkeep without those 2?

CAn you guys make me just the no limit construction of elite units? thats all i really want.

Please? Thanks

Could someone do that is compatible with the Rots and sub ​​sub fots
    (This is a google translation Nonviolence is a theology translated text)

Cerbusar's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks ! Very useful since I can't seem to manage Shogun's 2 economy well.