Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you EB Team.

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Thank you EB Team.

I have been playing Roma Surrectum for a very long time now. I was finally pushed by a few people to play Europa Barbarorum and I must say I have never had so much fun.

My first campaign was with Sab'yn, it is a complete blast. The lack of copypasta units is very refreshing. The realistic names alone makes every faction feel completely unique. I love the Traits/Ancillaries system and the "This day in history" type thing which blew me away when I first saw it. I also love this mods difficulty, it's not a steamroll like vanilla and RS.

You gentlemen really made a wonderful mod.

Just wanted to publicly thank you all for making this mod as historically accurate(And difficult) as you can.

By far the most perfect mod for the hardcore crowd.

lmt96's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Thank you EB Team.

Indeed , it's the best mod ever hehe.
    Eagerly Awaiting Europa Barbarorum II !!!!

I do have a little problem I have noticed. In vanilla RTW when you select an army and hold ALT and right click, they will move to the area and end up in the same formation at the same angle as when they left.

In EB when you do this with an army, they all line up in a single row, breaking formation, basically it makes it impossible to move an army around in your own personal formation.

ezopus2's Avatar Civis

HI, Remo, please let me publicly join you in your "Public Thanks Giving" action with full heart and yell a loud THANK YOU in the eter.. I am playing EB 1.2 since its release (which is 3 years now), an yes, EB team has done an amazing work, this is the most complex and well thought mod released ever.

(Although I must say that the ultimate PERFECT MOD would be EB1.2 combined with RSII-s visuals on the battlefield and campaign map)

Yep EB is by far the best mod in all mods i've seen for any game, and the most historically accurate game/mod of this time frame, you guys did a wonderfull job mates!

(Although I must say that the ultimate PERFECT MOD would be EB1.2 combined with RSII-s visuals on the battlefield and campaign map)

And thats the way i play, i play with jirinsyx (sp?) mega mod pack, it has RS II enviroments and some awesome stuff
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Yep EB is by far the best mod in all mods i've seen for any game, and the most historically accurate game/mod of this time frame, you guys did a wonderfull job mates!

And thats the way i play, i play with jirinsyx (sp?) mega mod pack, it has RS II enviroments and some awesome stuff
    I use it as well and it doesn't have RS2 environments.

People have been trying to adapt it for use with the mega mod, only way people have found to make it work is to install RS2 environments before installing the mega mod. It still causes CTD's though.

If you have a version of the mega mod that already includes it, I would love a link.

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

When I DL'ed the MegaMod I got RS Enviroments with it
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Celtichugs123 View Post
    When I DL'ed the MegaMod I got RS Enviroments with it
    Link to the thread. Show me exactly where it says it has RS2 environments.

It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that I never saw it.

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Epic fail on my behalf!

The Mod Pack only has water!...

Try this for the full RSII Envirements mod! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=415513

This is what I use

- Celtic
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Celtichugs123 View Post
    Epic fail on my behalf!

The Mod Pack only has water!...

Try this for the full RSII Envirements mod! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=415513

This is what I use

- Celtic
    Yea, you have to install that mod before you install the mega mod to make it work.

Took me a few hours to learn that the hard way.

lmt96's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    I do have a little problem I have noticed. In vanilla RTW when you select an army and hold ALT and right click, they will move to the area and end up in the same formation at the same angle as when they left.

In EB when you do this with an army, they all line up in a single row, breaking formation, basically it makes it impossible to move an army around in your own personal formation.
    No, because you placed some units that are too far from the main bulk.
    It happens in RSII , EB and all other mods.
    Eagerly Awaiting Europa Barbarorum II !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lmt96 View Post
    No, because you placed some units that are too far from the main bulk.
    It happens in RSII , EB and all other mods.
    I fixed this problem, it actually turned out that I messed up my keys file when shuffling things around tweaking the install.

Thanks!

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Personally I have always preferred EB than RS.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Well although this thread is dead it feels like the correct place to post my thanks as well. I am a huge history buff, and I fell in love at first sight. I'm looking forward to EB2, but I just found this one so I will be plenty occupied untill then. My only regret is not finding EB sooner, lol.

Yomamashouse's Avatar Semisalis

I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

The EB team should make a mod of their calibre based on the greek pre-roman world. Well, I can dream about it.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post

Group them.

Rex Anglorvm's Avatar Wrinkly Wordsmith

Just to add my thanks too, I think I have tried virtually all the factions in EB, and even though I have virtually every copy of every TW game there is, and a host of mods.... EB brings me back to it every time

It also inspired me to write my first story on a Roman theme.

So a big thank you lads

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".
    +1. I can't play vanilla RTW anymore because of EB ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Bladvak View Post
    +1. I can't play vanilla RTW anymore because of EB ...
    Why would you want to?
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Its actually pretty fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast