Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: petition No more DLC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Indefinitely Banned

Default petition No more DLC

As you may have seen befor i am getting tired of all this so called dlc so please CA no more DLC because :sparta: And total war center and make it at least free for those who want it
    Last edited by Pharoah; May 10, 2011 at 09:59 PM.

Arksa's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: petition No more DLC

I disagree. I want more!

Quote Originally Posted by Arksa View Post
    I disagree. I want more!
    I prefer no more DLC too but full expansion.

As for Arksa, CA can sell him their DLC....I mean only to him and him only

I figure the psychology behind DLC is that more people are willing to fork little money though for much little value than spending some multiplicity of that amount for much more value/content. The logic is come on it's only 5 bucks discounting that 5 bucks is for mere 3-5 units. I'd happily spend 10 times the amount for full fledged expansion. It's even possible they are going to sell the DLC for like 10 bucks. Who knows.

It's lazy marketing intended for impatient, obsessive and rather foolish buyer.
    Last edited by Miracles; May 10, 2011 at 09:25 PM.

Arksa's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Miracles View Post
    I prefer no more DLC too but full expansion.

As for Arksa, CA can sell him their DLC....I mean only to him and him only

I figure the psychology behind DLC is that more people are willing to fork little money though for much little value than spending some multiplicity of that amount for much more value/content. The logic is come on it's only 5 bucks discounting 5 bucks for mere 3-5 units.
    I was kind of joking, not too fond of what DLC and all this preorder stuff is doing to the games. I only like DLC if it doesn't slow down the production of an expansion.

But in the DLC business, game companies are required to work on the base game to get more sales or they are failures, just look at Mafia 2. Nobody could give 2 about some "Joey's adventures" or "Jimmy's Vendetta"...or Kane and Lynch 2 DLC crap. I would gladly buy some Civ 5 DLCs if the actual game will be worked on more and more. If they deliver enough fixes, I might pick the game up again and buy some DLCs I want.

For Shogun 2, I'm happy enough with the base game that if they deliver a DLC that I'm interested in, and is not totally ridiculous (horse armor pack for Katana cavarly or something), I will buy it then.
    Last edited by Arksa; May 10, 2011 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arksa View Post
    I was kind of joking, not too fond of what DLC and all this preorder stuff is doing to the games. I only like DLC if it doesn't slow down the production of an expansion.

But in the DLC business, game companies are required to work on the base game to get more sales or they are failures, just look at Mafia 2. Nobody could give 2 about some "Joey's adventures" or "Jimmy's Vendetta"...or Kane and Lynch 2 DLC crap. I would gladly buy some Civ 5 DLCs if the actual game will be worked on more and more. If they deliver enough fixes, I might pick the game up again and buy some DLCs I want.

For Shogun 2, I'm happy enough with the base game that if they deliver a DLC that I'm interested in, and is not totally ridiculous (horse armor pack for Katana cavarly or something), I will buy it then.
    Umm I don't mind people buying DLC after all it's their money . I'm just trying to say even 5 bucks is still too much for just a few units. I look things for their value not their nominal. I refuse to be made CA's and SEGA money cow.

CA make more content for an expansion and I'll happily fork 50 bucks for it.

El oh el @ "so called dlc". It seems to me a when a vast majority of people read something that is labeled "DLC" they're outraged. Screw reading into details if it costs anything or what it includes.

"DLC IS THE DEVIL!"
    Success is commemorated; Failure merely remembered.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Seriously a petition for no DLC, why are you guys sweating the small stuff? I rather have both DLC and expansions just as long as they are quality products.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    Seriously a petition for no DLC, why are you guys sweating the small stuff? I rather have both DLC and expansions just as long as they are quality products.
    The trouble pal, is where are the expansions? They have been forgotten for merely eye candy little expansions called DLC that adds 0 to game play
    It's like having a chess game and then some one sells you a good DLC, that brings red colored pieces, so you can play with red colored pieces! You never played chess with red colored pieces don't you? Only the black and white ones. I bet is a totally new and worth paying experience??!!!

BUT in this matter Craig from CA said that this DLC will contain changes to the game play, so maybe this DLC besides giving you red pieces will also give you new pieces to play chess, like a piece that is placed before the pawns and can only move side ways (like a goal keeper) and/or new objectives like winning if you kill the two knights and a pawn. So it will not be a totally void expansion, but it will keep the things interesting too.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Brutalsubtlety's Avatar Decanus

Icon11 Re: petition No more DLC

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    CA have finite staff, doing finite work?
    Agreed?
    If the staff are kept busy working on pointless eye candy (that should really have been in game from the get go.) Then they can't be working on a real (in depth) expansion.
    A petition for no emaciated/dubious DLC, is sweating the foremost issue
    Quality products can only be produced through focused work see Valve,(Portal 2, Half Life...) for the pre-eminent example of how to develop and add to a game.

It makes no sense petition for no DLC. If you don't want it, you dont have to buy it, so it makes not difference to you if it exists or not. Unless...you're just sadistic and want to see people who want DLC to suffer. There is no other logical explanation behind a petition for no DLC.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OCWife View Post
    It makes no sense petition for no DLC. If you don't want it, you dont have to buy it, so it makes not difference to you if it exists or not. Unless...you're just sadistic and want to see people who want DLC to suffer. There is no other logical explanation behind a petition for no DLC.
    no I do not

Brutalsubtlety's Avatar Decanus

Icon10 Re: petition No more DLC

It makes no sense petition for no DLC. If you don't want it, you don’t have to buy it, so it makes not* difference to you if it exists or not. Unless...you're just sadistic and want to see people who want DLC to suffer. There is no other logical explanation behind a petition for no DLC.
    OCWife
    When I hear the phrase ‘It makes no sense...’ I think of the kid at school who had some sort of outlandish idea like: ‘They should unmake Shogun2!!!’ They should make Shogun2 only this time make only one unit and call it Mr Pottingsworth the XIVth!!!’
    These requests indeed do make sense, they’re not great idea’s but they make sence nonetheless. Although I have striven to comply to OCWife makes no sense prerequisite. A petition for no DLC also makes clear sense, to anybody with even a passing understanding of semantics and a fairly straightforward line of reasoning.
    OCWife please endeavour to refrain from such feeble inaccuracies while sensible and straightforward reasoning is being performed.

Sadistic, want to see people who want DLC to suffer…
    … suspend the exaggeration please, or failing that make it vaguely ‘reasonable’

But there’s the thing. If it’s so difficult to understand why some might want some substantial change, maybe it’s time to stop telling people to shut their pie-holes. Hell, I think some of the DLC is great. I can see why some see it as bad, and some see it as good without having to resort to calling another’s post Sadistic, that’s a worry, you are a worry. I’m worried with that whole idea… Whatever.
    not* that was no, right? (you’d better step off that high horse before somebody sees you.)

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Petition: no more TW games.

AceMcKillYoFace's Avatar Barbarus

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    Good god this. At least I won't have to hear people complain about the DLC this way.

GambleFish's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    That's the logical progression, isn't it. How sad for them
    The fail whale.

▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
    ██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
    ████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Indefinitely Banned

Op EDITED

DarkArk's Avatar Senator

but full expansion.
    Those have gone the way of the Dodo. Seriously when was the last expansion for a full game that wasn't a standalone? 2007?

I want castle map DLC for the main campaign most.

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

I don't like DLC, its a spawn of consoles and its absolutely horrendous that content that once would have been freely distributed to PC players now must be paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Raimeken View Post
    I don't like DLC, its a spawn of consoles and its absolutely horrendous that content that once would have been freely distributed to PC players now must be paid for.
    Agreed

Petition: no more silly threads! (okay, I'm just having fun here. Don't mean to offend)

DLCs are NOT going to go away for the gaming industry. It's a big part of what developers/publishers are counting on to make sure they can justify the huge costs of creating these games, and stay in business. So I hate to say it, but you're wasting your breath on this one.

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast