Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New sub mod- XGM Rise or Fall

Steli-os's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: New sub mod- XGM Rise or Fall

I have no idea why this happens to you . Other than that you can play with no other problems, right?
    We make war that we may live in peace

DizzyRainbow's Avatar Libertus

Just about to download the submod, I'll let you know how it goes =] (It's a shame Rise & Fall 2 didn't work out, the changes looked pretty cool but such is life eh =])

Yeah it's a shame...I wanted to play as the Jewish faction! The first release of Rise or Fall is pretty good too. I started a campaign as Carthage. I'm in the year 150 (18 years have past!!) and I still haven't conquered Tingi! Just about 151 I took Numidia..It was tough Please let me know how it goes for you.

I completely understand why you haven't taken tingi, the rebels are so strong! I love the fact that dory are 0 turn (been looking for mods that have militia units like that) Right now i'm the pergamonions (random stab in the dark for the plural) and had my most pyhrric victory ever with just my general and 6 bodyguards left in the siege of halicarnassus! Eumenes will not have found much reason for celebration that day. I suffered a few CTD's in end turn phase of winter 164 but it's been perfectly smooth besides that. Have the ai expanded much in your campaign?

Ai doesn't expand easily...that was my goal...In my carthaginian campaign I'm in the year 144 and things haven't changed too much...I'ts like what really happened! Baktrians are losing to indo-hellening kingdom(still have some fight left in them!),germania and rome have slightly expanded(rome a little more) aetolian and achaean leagues are perfectly balanced and the most interesting! Seleucids are not losing parts of their empire like on other campaigns!They have expanded a bit.You should be aware of them By the way i've noticed that Ai works even better with difficulty level M/VH like in vanilla.Not too much difference, but after a few turns you can see it.Btw in 144 BC i finally took tingi and cadir!

Yeah i've noticed similar movements funnily enough, but i'm lucky to be allied to rome, parthia and seleucid empire (probably not for long though) but I totally agree, it sets a more believable pace, sarmatia isn't going insane in their conquests, germany isn't annihilating gaul before the blink of an eye and carthage hasn't been ravaged by rome in under 20 turns.
    Ahh nice, that must be all of north west africa united now right? Your economy must be stabilised now, unless you're at war with rome?
    Athens is doing great for itself considering it's a rebel faction! They keep calling to arms, it's pretty impressive.
    Ahh i'll keep that in mind for the next campaign, at the moment i'm on h/h and just conquered pontus and byzantium. Next campaign will probably be achaean. By the way is there any way to edit the victory conditions easily?

Yeah I have all of north west africa AND Cadir in Spain! I' m not yet in war with Rome, but i keep sending them spies and assasins and they are losing cities to rebelions and then i take them!(That's how i took tingi and cadir) If you want to change victory conditions follow this path "Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign" and open "descr_win_conditions" You can change anything you want, but first keep a back up of this file to be sure.

P.S. You have a good alliance with rome...I made sure for that (But you should be careful)

Dayum aha I wasn't aware you could do that in Rome total war (How many spies / assassins does that take?) I gotta try that!
    Ahh cheers It's just a few changes that I find more attractive for factions like Iberia, like taking germania off for example.
    What would you say is the most challenging campaign (W/O Seleucids) you've played on ROF?

I think a campaign with Sarmatia is the most challenging and with Carthage and Macedonia in the beginning of the campaign.The first battle between Macedonia and Rome is VERY difficult!!
    About the spies & assassins: It has to do with the city.For example, a city with 100% public order,or less, is likely to rebel with a little "help". If you can get 2-3 spies(or more) inside and then destroy some law/happiness building (a temple) you'll get this city to rebel,or worst scenario: you'll destroy your enemies' economy!

Is it possible to reupload it Stelio as well as Alexander sub mod? all links are broken

Quote Originally Posted by Amphaneos View Post
    Is it possible to reupload it Stelio as well as Alexander sub mod? all links are broken
    Sorry it took me so long to answer back. For a strange reason the forum wouldn't let me post! Unfortunately i don't have a good internet connection where i live at the moment. I will try to upload both again. If i can't do this now, i will try in about a month from now, when i get back home. Sorry for that!

Thanks for the reply Stelio, no worries! you can also pm me in Greek whenever you manage to upload them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12