Thread: 2 questions of using XCAI 4.01a

Default 2 questions of using XCAI 4.01a

Hi xeryx,

I have 2 questions about descr_campaign_db(XAI4.0 KGCM).xml and desc_faction_standings.txt

First, can I just rename it to descr_campaign_db.xml and overwrite the old descr_campaign_db.xml to make it work?

Some details about my current m2tw setting atm:
    - I am not playing any mods at the moment
    - I have used unpacker.bat to extract all the files and set io.file_first to read these extracted files

Second, I have read your "XcAI 4.01a Update README.rtf", and it has not mentioned about what should I do with desc_faction_standings.txt. So do I just overwrite my old desc_faction_standings.txt with your desc_faction_standings.txt?

Thank you

Neon1300
    Last edited by neon1300; May 10, 2011 at 05:13 PM.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: 2 questions of using XCAI 4.01a

1) Yes, you just rename the file, however rename the original one first. descr_campaign_db(OLD).xml
    2) the factions will not be compatible.

I HIGHLY Recommend that you, go over to the Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod and download it and the great Heroes Hordes and Beyond mod HHB. They have done so much work to this game that you would be doing yourself an injustice if you didn't play it first. Trust me on this, plus they have done all the work for you. It is what Vanilla should have been.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Default Re: 2 questions of using XCAI 4.01a

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    1) Yes, you just rename the file, however rename the original one first. descr_campaign_db(OLD).xml
    2) the factions will not be compatible.

I HIGHLY Recommend that you, go over to the Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod and download it and the great Heroes Hordes and Beyond mod HHB. They have done so much work to this game that you would be doing yourself an injustice if you didn't play it first. Trust me on this, plus they have done all the work for you. It is what Vanilla should have been.
    Thank you very much
    I will try KGCM. I just checked their forum, it sounds fun.