Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED] 12 turns per year mod

Default Re: [RELEASED] 12 turns per year mod. Beta

Thank you sir! So the bankrupt issue was my own fault, i had another mod that made the
    armies bigger wich brought my treasure to its knees, sorry about that.
    Last edited by papercut; August 21, 2011 at 09:04 AM.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

No problem dude. But I have run into a wall... in the campaign_script.txt, when I try to change the turns to events to a 12 turn per year then I get a weird error. For start I get an error message on the left side of the minimap on the campaign map and BGR4 does not work (at least properly). I don't know how to avoid this... can any one provide some help about it?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Hi Lord Baal,

regretably I haven't had time to look at the issue ingame beyond reading your pm, however you can tie those events to others that are near them (and use a counter in the cs for the rest of the needed precision) or have them fire from the events file. After all you need to be "on date" and not "on turn" with those. As for BGR what exactly isn't working? If it is CS related than this is likely connected to the first issue.

Ummm that would be an interesting solution! I guess that the file "gets confused" by turn counters that goes up to 2000 or 3000... XoD

So I can fire the historic events from the events file? But that makes me wonder why they are in the cs in the first place? Also, would you be able to help me with at least one example on how to do it?

As for BGR, the info is in one of the firsts pm I sent you. I tried to use a script that in winter makes armies and characters slow down, but only those that are on snow covered regions, so in winter a army on Egypt don't get slowed down. When I try use it in combination of BGR I get a crash. However I'm bound to think that is not only because of BGR, but because of the regions used by the code or something like that, since the code is made for the vanilla map, not the SS one.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Yeah the region codes would have to be adapted, but I'm not fully convinced they are needed.
    Maybe we can bypass that somehow. I'll pm you an example for the event issue as soon as I can,
    in any case this can definitely be solved

Thanks a lot sir! I really appreciate!

Seraph07's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [RELEASED] 12 turns per year 1.0 mod

Anybody had luck with using this with 6.4? I really love thos mod, hope work on it keeps rolling.

Well like I said I'm kinda stuck right now with the dates and triggers events. Mr. Bane already send me instructions but thanks to work and family I haven't be able to sit down a fix what is needed. However if you don't mind the events then yes, it's already compatible with 6.4. As a matter of fact I'm doing it only for 6.4 (and sub sequent versions).

I really wish i had backed up the files you advised to but my stupidity once again got the better of me. But i may as well ask. Why is it that every time i try to start a new late campaign i get an error message and it exits the game? the only options i have on are permanent forts and savage ai. and the only thing i edited on your descr_strat was brigand spawn value and pirate spawn value ( i hate rebels a lot ) The only other thing I've edited too was rebelling characters active. and all i did was put a " ; " in front of that line so i don't have generals rebelling and such ( again i hate rebels ). I mean it cant be the descr_strat. If it is then... i feel stupid But that would be a quick fix Note: i have no other sub-mods installed so i just can't figure it out. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Ok the early campaign actually started but i was in massive debt ( that's my luck i guess ) then as i went to check out how many turns this campaign would have by clicking on the faction's shield it crashed. Note: i tried putting limited activities on and longer assimilation on as well as savage ai and permanent forts. Will keep testing out until i give up. Question: does this require BGR to actually function correctly?

Edit again: Ok, so i got the early campaign to work. So no debt and no errors yet. How? i believe the errors come with setting up the campaign. i turned off permanent forts and turned on BGR IV with lusted AI. as well as longer assimilation and limited activities. I'm assuming now that this requires BGR be on to work correctly? and on another note; The language is written in Spanish, i believe i saw you post that. Will there be an english version of BRG IV or II compatible with this mod?

Edit: alright i know this is long and i apologize for this. So from what i have gathered it's only playable with BGR IV and not II all other options can work i believe. My next question is. Can you release a version of this where BGR IV is not needed? or at least BGR II work with it? and in English? I'm sorry if this comes off as demanding; Just curious as to what other plans you have for this mod, because i think it's great!

Well... after a little while of tinkering and playing I'd have to say its very enjoyable However, I'd like to point out some issues I've been having with the sub-mod.

First, the most annoying of them all i think is the fact that all of my settlements and castles will not grow in population. They just go down and i can't upgrade them without the use of cheats.

Second, i had to make adjustments to the campaign_script, the largest problem i ran into at first was that the general/family members were not aging correctly to the timeline. I fixed it for mine, but i took away the slowness of armies during winter (I love the idea behind it by the way) because i couldn't seem to get the aging to work with it implemented.

Third, i really need to brush up on my Spanish . it's hard as ever to determine what is going on with any of my generals.

Fourth (ties in with number 3) I like BGR IV, it is extremely challenging and forces you to think. However, i think a list of options for players to play without it is a good idea. Some people just can't stand the challenge behind these games but would probably love to play what you have created so far.

Fifth. This one i found to be annoying when i was being surrounded by large armies of Russians. the recruitment slots... i really needed an extra 3 slots to dish something back at the russians and i just couldn't do anything with just one slot available. Again, this increases the challenge of it all considerably and does make it enjoyable. But i don't want to be forced to use cheats to bail myself out of defeat. So 1 extra slot would be awesome. But i also understand the realism part of it as well. But the A.I. doesn't seem to care about realism especially when it comes to BGR...

Overall though, it's a sweet sub-mod for players looking for a long long long campaign. Fix up a couple of issues and create different playable versions of it and i wouldn't see a reason for people not to like it besides it being too long.
    Last edited by vehillill; October 16, 2011 at 02:05 AM.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Well like I said I'm kinda stuck right now with the dates and triggers events. Mr. Bane already send me instructions but thanks to work and family I haven't be able to sit down a fix what is needed. However if you don't mind the events then yes, it's already compatible with 6.4. As a matter of fact I'm doing it only for 6.4 (and sub sequent versions).
    Hi, I've been running BGRV with its own 12 TPY for about a year or so in an old version of the RRRC compilation, though I have only just got around to the nightmarish EDB. I am thinking now would be a good time to convert it to 6.4 rather than do it twice.

I have to remove the RR system (to give me 1 turn recruitment) and the recruitment distinction between castles and cities for my purposes. And I guess all those EDB event references.

Now perhaps you can save me some time. I assume events are based on turns rather than dates so they will effectively come 12 times faster. Well I'm not really interested in having any events restricting recruitment types so I'm as happy to remove them as alter them.

What events problems have you encountered or anything else that you think I should be careful of.

My intention was to leave gameplay as is, i.e. to not alter building times, production rates, economy etc.
    Last edited by Byg; October 16, 2011 at 01:18 PM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Default Re: [RELEASED] 12 turns per year mod

1.2 version released. Now with more stability! (I hope)

Oh mister Byg! I'm sorry I left you hanging there for almost 7 months!! Sorry for that! Well I'm restarting to work on this and as soon I play test it you'll get your answers, unless you already did this, in that case you would help me more than I could help you!

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

No worries , I have long since found my answers by trial and error.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

So you made the 12 turns per year conversion of your mod?

Hi,
    First of all thanx for a great mod.
    I have been trying it out with BGR IV, and it looks great. The only thing I have encountered is problems with recruiting from town-settlements. I cant recruit merchants, priests, soldiers etc. Only castle-settlements works.
    Is there something Im missing?

Best regards...

I've been using this mod now for some time, but I seem to have some problems with it. Usually it runs fine, but sometimes the game crashes after every 9th turn. I traced to problem down to some missing files with the mild_winter and severe winter event which causes the game to crash. Is there any solution to this problem?

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

iv been using this , like it a lot , slows things down and gives a good sense of time and your generals live for a long time , on a side note ...when i first installed it i was getting some errors on the 'ss' set up menu{bgr } but when i restarted my computer the errors were gone and it worked like a dream......this may be of help , cheers

Oh I have been careless of this mod for quite some time now. I'm climbing back to it at the end of this month and will fix all those bugs anyone could have found.

CrossTd's Avatar Foederatus

This mod is great
    I usually don't play M2TW but with this mod the reality is just perfect. There are few bugs i encountered:
    1. CTD at the end of rebels turn;
    2. There seems to be bug with merchants to get aged trait after number of turn and not actual age.

Keep the great work thanks

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Oh I have been careless of this mod for quite some time now. I'm climbing back to it at the end of this month and will fix all those bugs anyone could have found.
    That would be great!! I would love to be able to play 6.4 with 12 turns per year. I use BGR V right now for the 12 turns per year, but would also love it for a non-BGR campaign! Cheers!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast