Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Suggestions (Gameplay)

Default Black death

hi just read something about the black death, are we like gonna put that in the game, I know MTWII had some diseases and stuff, but with the concept of rebellions and that sort of thing, couldn't we increase the unrest and liklihood of revolts with the event of the black death. and of course economical consequences.

from Wikipedia:
    "The Black Death is estimated to have killed 30% to 60% of Europe's population, reducing the world's population from an estimated 450 million to between 350 and 375 million in 1400. This has been seen as creating a series of religious, social and economic upheavals which had profound effects on the course of European history. The plague returned at various times, resulting in a larger number of deaths, until it left Europe in the nineteenth century."

"The Black Death rapidly spread along the major European sea and land trade routes."

If it is possible to let the player see his people revolt and his economy crumble becouse of the Black death, then that would be quite awesome right? it would increase the 'cool' factor of TTW, I think.
    just wondering if it would be possible to expliot the events a bit more.

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Crusades

From 1354 to 1530 there were 3 crusades:
    Crusades in the Balkans

To counter the expanding Ottoman Empire, several crusades were launched in the 15th century. The most notable are:
    Are they going to be presented ingame somehow (at least the crusade of Nicopolis which is the last large scale crusade) ?

matija191's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Crusades

Quote Originally Posted by 2Shy View Post
    From 1354 to 1530 there were 3 crusades:
    Crusades in the Balkans

To counter the expanding Ottoman Empire, several crusades were launched in the 15th century. The most notable are:
    Are they going to be presented ingame somehow (at least the crusade of Nicopolis which is the last large scale crusade) ?
    excellent idea

SerbianInfantry's Avatar Tiro

I totally support this idea.
    By the way, links lead into nowere...

Kosovo is Serbia! If you don't believe me, read a book.

Sorry people-coppy paste from wiki ( ha fails me for the last time ! )

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

EDIT: I've changed my mind.
    Last edited by alien_t; April 20, 2010 at 04:19 AM.
    Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

1443 the Long crusade - a year before the Varna crusade

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

slavic_crusader's Avatar Biarchus

The only problem with these crusades. Is that they are the reactions of the rising Ottoman Empire in europe. So we cant put them on exact dates on the actual event becuase every game will be different. SO perhaps the team must use a trigger point, such as kosovo(nearby area) region/area is annexed. Or when Belgrade is actually seiged by the Turks. This seems complicated with the coding. Can u guys can do this if this feature is added? Would it even be considered to be added?
    Слава Слога и вјеру у Бога!!!
    Slava Sloga i Vjeru u Boga

Supporter of Eastern Europe Total War!

How crusades are made in the original game ??? They are not scripted on exact date. They just happens randomly ... The idea is good ....

No, specific crusades. It will be stupid if there is a crusade on belgrade if it is safley owned by hungary or Austria....

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

If there are crusades, I think it would be better if they're scripted not on the Ottomans taking or attacking certain provinces, but on taking a set number of provinces. So, the Ottomans conquer f.e. 1/3 or 1/2 of the map and then the crusade(s) start(s).

whatever it is, something that is a threat to "Europe"

The big questions are:
    1) What is the trigger?
    a. Capture of key cities. In my opinion this would not add to the historical accuracy. The Long Crusade and the one at Varna for instance were not called against a specific annexation but rather to lift the siege of Constantinople. We might make a script for a crusader army to appear when Constantinople is besieged, but it sounds harder than it should be.
    b. Make a script for when the Ottomans reach a certain size. If the Ottomans have 1/3 of their objectives, call a crusade. If the Ottomans have 1/2 of their objectives, call another crusade etc.
    c. Let the player decide when to call crusades while playing as Catholic factions.

2) Who controls the crusader army?
    a. It is an AI faction that will work like the Timurids or Mongols.
    b. It will be controlled by Hungary, which makes sense historically.

Questions, Questions and all we need is answers... Anyone have any ideas or recommendations???

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

1b 2a for me (just so Hungary doesn't get way too overbalanced).

I think the idea that Hungary to control crusades is stupid-there are at least 4-5 other catholic factions and that will make may be the strongest faction in the game-Hungary even more unbalanced.So I suggest that calling crusade must stay the same way as in vannila,but it can be call only if a key sattlement (not only capital but may be the second largest sity or that sort of thing) plus maximal papal favure.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Hungary controlling the crusades isn't stupid by itself, considering historically it did lead all those crusades as it was the one catholic nation with the biggest interests in the Balkans. Thus, it would be logical that it would be leading them in the mod too. The only problem is indeed the balance.

logic > balance ...
    Why dont you take tha fact that hungarian king leaded the crusades as a chance-I mean in the game the player makes alternative history.

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    1b 2a for me (just so Hungary doesn't get way too overbalanced).
    I think so too. The most accurate and balanced variant according to me.
    I'm not falimiliar with scripting at all, but not sure if 1b could be realized.
    Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

SerbianInfantry's Avatar Tiro

So what if the balance is tipped in the favour of Hungary? Who led the crusades in reality, they should lead the crusade in the game. Can other catholic factions join? Besides, can it be done so that it would be triggered as a resault of ottoman power getting strong, but unable if Hungarian power is also too strong, IF you care so much about balance? But historically it makes sense that Hungary should lead the crusade. Besides it might not even happen, if player stops the turks before they reach that much power. Ether way I'm fine with choises you make, all I want is for this mod to see light, and me to see (engage) the mod

Kosovo is Serbia! If you don't believe me, read a book.