Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Suggestions (Gameplay)

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Minor idea that stuck to my head

Well its pretty simple in Brittannia. When you have a certain percentage of culture, you can train a different unit. Levy and militia units needed only a small percentage of you culture, as levies and peasant conscripts were usually recruited at spearpoint, tho higher level proffessional units needed nearly a full conversion to your culture. Im pretty sure it can work, with or without AoR.

Sarmatian's Avatar Biarchus

Yep, but in theory you could almost completely change the culture of a settlement in let's say 50 turns. In tsardoms it's 4 turns per year so that means 12 years or so. And complete cultural conversion in such a short time span is unrealistic.

Tsardoms timeframe is 1345-1530 which means less than two centuries. It is highly unlikely that there would be many complete conversions in such a "short" time.

Yeah i agree with that. Even religious conversions are hard to achieve in 50 years, save cultural.

There must be some other ways to represent the change.

You know what i really hated on vanilla? The conversion from islamic to western european or southern european of a settlement. Settlements in middle east for example, use different material for their buildings, than the cities of north europe. So if a settlement is captures, it should remain in the same architecture, no matter what.

Maybe changing the name from the conquered to the conqueror's language, that would be a feature....if possible to do.

So if the Turks take Thessalonike for example, the name should change to Selanik immediately. I dont know its just an idea.

That's an interesting idea, but involves much work. We would have to know name of each of 100+ settlement in about 10 different languages. I'm not sure it's worth it, since the change would be cosmetic.

That type of work, which I call "make-up", will be done after the mod is out. We're gonna do the grunt work now, release the mod and than we will do cosmetic corrections for future versions...

Of course, cosmetics come second. The important thing is to release the core mod. The rest are just....the rest.

Bosnae's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Civil wars?

Yes, another big Point for the TTW Team

Manuel Komnenos's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Climate change - little ice age

Hmm, hmmm, try to solve with script if it's possible.
    Why we dig up the past? To understand it.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I may take a look at it, but its pretty far down the list. The other scripting has a much bigger impact in terms of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Romano-Dacis View Post
    Guys, it was a half-degree difference, not the coming of Ragnarok. It was certainly not like 1815, when a giant volcanic explosion in Indonesia resulted in "a year without a summer", and massive crop failures. I don't even think it's worth scripting for.

"Environmental catastrophe" is a bit of an exaggeration.
    half a degree change may not seem like much but is a huge problem, especially when it comes all of a sudden.
    that why global warming is something to be taken seriously
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Manuel Komnenos's Avatar Senator

As I said before, half of degree, or even less, was enormous change. Read whole post above.
    Why we dig up the past? To understand it.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

As I said before, its pretty far down the list of scripting ideas

Libertus

Default A small idea

It will be interesting if you add an option to view the cities and castles inside and with cityzens as in RTW, and if you can manage the buildings. For example, if you view the city you will have the option to employ peoples at every building. There will be two categories, teen people and old people. If you employ teen people at a town guard for example, you will have a public order bonus changed from 5% to 6%, and if you employ old people the bonus will be the first. Every building will have its limit of employers and if the building will not have the maximum number it will reduce the hapiness of some cityzens, cause they work too much. The buildings will be not active when they don`t have employers, and their number will be in proportion with the total population. You can add this option in the building window of a city if it can`t be seen whithout battles.
    What do you think about the idea? (the game may be a little hard because the hapiness can become low very easy and maybe this is hard to be made)

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Default Re: A small idea

Sorry, it's not possible to do this kind of thing with the Total War game engine.

Libertus

It isn`t a problem. This is the kind of thing from a strategy building game, but Total War has his own glamour, who is different. Only a short advice: You should try to make better the graphic of the navies, and make every naval unit with a new lookout. The fleets look ancient, not medieval, and they can be improved especialy for the last two periods.
    Anyway, the Mod is fantastic, and I can`t wait to play Moldavia or Wallachia. You have an approximate release date, or it`s still unknowed?

And even if it were possible, imagine how much micromanagement would that involve. Having 20 cities and then checking every building in every city to make sure everything is okay...

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

There is a Settlement View script called Oppida by Alpaca, but it doesnt make the buildings and people show up correctly. Basically what it does is fool the engine into thinking theres a battle between 1 catapult unit and an empty city. It works, but it also counts as a battle on your stats. I never really considered including it as there is nothing special to see like the people walking around.

Duce and I talked about some of the minor strat map models. Wait and see.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Default An idea

you can make an option to impale prisoners or behead them. by impaling you will have more dread but it decreases morale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: An idea

I think the options for prisonors are hardcoded.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    There is a Settlement View script called Oppida by Alpaca, but it doesnt make the buildings and people show up correctly. Basically what it does is fool the engine into thinking theres a battle between 1 catapult unit and an empty city. It works, but it also counts as a battle on your stats. I never really considered including it as there is nothing special to see like the people walking around.

Duce and I talked about some of the minor strat map models. Wait and see.
    It isn`t interesting to see the peoples walking in a city, only if you can manage the city as in a building game, but this isn`t a big deal, because Medieval II has another glamour (the crusades, the battles with much artilery, the merchants and their business, the fight with heresy - but I think it will be more interesting as an orthodox faction, cause you wil have to face the catholic and also muslim danger)

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: An idea

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    I think the options for prisonors are hardcoded.
    What do you mean? that they can't be changed? the options for prisoners were changed in Americas campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.