Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Finished][MTW2] To Conquer the World For Islam: A Moor AAR (Updated January 4)

Scottish King's Avatar Campidoctor
    Content Emeritus

Default [Finished][MTW2] To Conquer the World For Islam: A Moor AAR (Updated January 4)

Having loss interest in my experimental AAR with the Danes, I decided to do a permanent one with the Moors. Any suggestions and criticisms are appreciated as I try my hand in completing a long-term AAR.
    Faction: Moors
    Vanilla with timescale set at .5
    Campaign: Hard/Hard
    Unit size: Normal

Table of Contents (Updated) Part I
    The New Dynasty and Their War
    A New Beginning
    To Glory!
    Victory and Plotting
    The Plot, Debacle, and Jihad
    Ready to March and the Imam's Hope
    Conflict and War
    Toledo and Palermo
    One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
    Great Victory, Devastating Defeat

Spanish Invasion
    Success Abroad, Plotting At Home
    The Imam's Government and Bad Diplomacy
    Freedom and the Moors Strike Back
    Two Close Calls
    Victory But...
    Homecoming

Ending the War
    A King Returns, a Son Rages, and a Hero is Lost
    Battles in the Mediterranean and Desperate Spaniards
    The Spaniards' Last Stand
    A New Empire
    Battle for Sicily and a New Threat Emerges
    Joy and Sadness
    A New Regent, Fall of a Kingdom, the Scheming Continues
    Renewed Conflict
    When One War Ends...

Part II
    Interlude to War

1107-1119
    "The French...Are You Here?"
    Movers and Shakers]

Part III
    "History of the Empire During the Moor-French War" by Hassan Lahlafi
    Chapter 1: History of the Empire and First Engagements of the French-Moor War
    Chapter 2: The Campaign for Anjou and Norreddine's War in Italy
    Chapter 3: The Paris Campaign
    Chapter 4: Attack on Paris and Changes in the Empire
    Chapter 5: The Dijon Campaign and the Empire from 1127-1129
    Afterword

A New Beginning

Cordoba, 1082 Sultan Miswar’s Journal
    My name is Miswar. I am the son of the great Sultan Tahar, who recently just died. He was the greatest ruler to ever walk the earth. It was under his rule that we went from a few divided tribes to the nation we are now. The Unification War dominated my childhood and I even got a taste of battle myself. It has been less than five years now and all eyes are directed at us to see if we will survive. I’m sure the infidel of all infidels who sits in the city they call Rome, is watching, if not planning our downfall. I can only pray that Allah blesses me with the chance to cleanse the world of this most abominable infidel and his religion. It was the dream of my father. One world united in prayer to the All-Powerful Allah. This I will seek to do and so will the next Sultan and the next until our dream is reality. But first we must survive these first few crucial years. We are vulnerable. Our army is still recovering from the last war and our treasury is nothing to boast about. But with Allah’s help we will become a terror of our enemies and a helper of our friends.
    After arriving in the capital city of Cordoba in 1081, and I was crowned Sultan of the Moors.

I immediately set about constructing roads and ports to increase trade. Money is essential now if we are going to expand into the rest of infidel Europe. Our immediate threats are from the north and west of Cordoba: the Portuguese and the Spaniards. I have chosen, to the dismay of my council, to establish relations with the Portuguese. I myself do not like the idea of being allied to infidels but I reason that at this time fighting on two fronts will be disastrous for us at this moment. My council only has agreed to support this if I take the rebel town of Valencia and further tightened our grip on Iberia. I agree and send the Crown Prince, Qasim, south to Algiers to look over the southern provinces so that I can focus on our Iberian provinces of Cordoba and Granada. Soon I shall have an army and will march on this infidel city and expand our influence further into unsuspecting Europe. The infidels don’t know it yet but this is just quiet before the storm.

Algiers, 1083 Qasim’s Journal
    I am Crown Prince Qasim greater than any man except only the Sultan himself.

As governor of the southern provinces, life has been very interesting these past few months. It all started about a month after my great Sultan, made me governor and I took up residence here at Algiers with my wife and young daughter. We received word that the Sultan had made an alliance with the infidel Portuguese!

I must admit that at this time I began to wonder if the Sultan had begun to lose his mind. It was against everything we stood for. The people themselves felt the same way and dissenters started to speak out against this unholy alliance. However, soon a letter came from the great Sultan which contained his reason for allying with them and I could not wait until the day when I would be able to deliver the deadly blow would destroy the Portuguese. The people for the most part, agreed with the Sultan’s reasoning and like me waited for the day of their destruction. However, some would not agree and formed a small rebel army to fight the Sultan. When I found out I laughed until I cried. How could 200 men even begin to think they could take on the Sultan and win?! Since most of my army was still being replenished from the losses of the last war, I took the 180 Sudanese men and gave them javelins. Risky, in that they could use them on their captors, us, but I needed an army and they were my only answer. So along with a unit of spearmen, horse archers, light cavalry, and two units of desert archers I marched into the desert where the rebels had taken refuge.
    After two days of fierce marching we discovered them encamped in a small valley, however, before we could engage them they fled further away and for two more days we marched fiercely facing the hot desert sun and the cold nights until finally we caught up with the dogs again and this time there was no escape.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I learned from previous information given to me that the dogs were led by one name Driss. His army was composed of two units of Sudanese runaway slaves which also wielded javelins, one unit of archers and a camel spearmen unit that he headed himself. The sun was setting as the battle began.

Tired and angry after four days of chasing the infidel dog, I ordered my archers to fire at will. Soon the air was filled with death that rained down on those who deserved no less. Finally, the Sudanese slaves marched forward but instead of heading for my archers they marched straight for my Sudanese
    infantry.

I gave the order for my spearmen and javelinmen to engage the rebels while I with the cavalry began to move in position to flank the exposed infantry men. However, I made a grave error one that cost me the lives of many brave men, may Allah forgive me. In positioning for and charge to the infantry flank I left exposed my desert archers and Driss charged with his desert cavalry. It was quick and before I had time to act he was nearly upon them.

But the brave archers held their ground, and fought back with bows, arrowheads, and knives. It was enough to keep them from being almost completely annihilated and I led the charge into Driss flank,
    unhorsing and killing him under the trample of my horse’s feet.

After his death, what was left of their cavalry and javelin men fled into the desert to die of thirst and heat. It was a clear victory.

I was heralded a hero when I returned to Algiers and since then there has been no dissent among the citizens, at least not openly. I must remain vigilant and I pray to Allah that he will find me worthy enough to one day lead an army into battle against the infidels who dare despise him.
    Last edited by Scottish King; January 04, 2013 at 02:44 PM.
    The White Horse: Hanover AAR (On going ETW AAR)
    Tales of Acamar: Legends WS Yearly Award Best Plot Winner (On-going CW Piece)
    The Song of Asnurn: An Epic Poem MCWC VI Winner (On-hold CW Piece)
    Tales of Acamar: Outbreak (Finished)
    To Conquer the World for Islam A Moor AAR (Finished)

Libertus

Default Re: [MTW2] To Conquer the World For Islam: A Moor AAR

Nice to see an islamic faction aar, with serious potential for behind-the-scenes politicking and such. Looking forward to more updates.

dezikeizer's Avatar Campidoctor

Very good start, and good to see a Moorish aar. You may want to put a space inbetween your paragraphs, and one other thing:
    and angry after four days of chasing the infidel dog, I ordered my archers to fire at will
    This seems to be a sentence fragment. Perhaps it should instead be: Tired and angry after four days of chasing the infidel dog, I ordered my archers to fire at will.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Caracaos View Post
    Nice to see an islamic faction aar, with serious potential for behind-the-scenes politicking and such. Looking forward to more updates.

Thanks, Caracaos! I hope I can live up to the expectation.
    Quote Originally Posted by dezikeizer View Post
    Very good start, and good to see a Moorish aar. You may want to put a space inbetween your paragraphs, and one other thing:
    This seems to be a sentence fragment. Perhaps it should instead be: Tired and angry after four days of chasing the infidel dog, I ordered my archers to fire at will.
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Its been corrected and I look forward to continued advice.I'm working on a new update now and hope to have one up by the end of the week, with Miswar having an encounter with a famous historical figure.

I don't think I've read a Moorish AAR before! I'm not too big a fan of playing as the Moors, lets see if you can change my mind
    Would love to see an update!

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Scelesticfish View Post
    I don't think I've read a Moorish AAR before! I'm not too big a fan of playing as the Moors, lets see if you can change my mind
    Would love to see an update!
    I hope I can Scelesticfish . And speaking of an update, I had extra time on my hands so I decided to finish my latest one. Hope you like it.

Content Emeritus

To Glory!

Cordoba 1085 Miswar’s Journal

Years have past since I last wrote in this journal and will probably be so with all my future entries as well but I feel inspired to write the most notable events of my life and the our kingdom down for future generations to behold.

After the council approached me to acquire Valencia through combat to further extend our power in Iberia, I began to recruit soldiers and train them to fight on the battlefield. However, our coffers were soon almost empty and other projects had to be stopped in order to proceed. It seemed that all the council had some pet project that couldn’t be stop, yet they wanted an army. They are beginning to become a thorn in my side, one that I can not long ignore.

As I dealt with the greedy council, my son finally came of age.

Ayyub was one of my sons and I was proud to see him finally become a man. He along with his brother, Hamdin al-Isbili, both had marriages on the same day.

The celebrations lasted from one full moon to the next. This distraction helped keep me sane as day after day I would have to face more of the council men who wanted all, but wouldn’t give anything up. The recruits were getting restless and morale was low. I had promised them glory and spoils of the battle and the only thing they had seen in almost a year were the confines of the barracks and constant drilling.

As the year 1084 ended, I had had enough. I stopped all but the necessary projects and began to get more recruits and better equip them. Many of the council grew angry with me but do not care. I am the Sultan, I answer no to no one but Allah. If the council dares cross me they risk angering Allah and will face my wrath. But I am getting beside myself. After strict spending policies were set in place,we soon have enough money for our endeavors and I set about giving the newest recruits rigorous training. I can see that everything depends on this campaign. The council will surely decry me in the streets should I come short of my goal.

Finally my army was ready. With Qasim in the southern provinces,I left the capital begrudgingly in the hands of my council and began the march toward Valencia. Spirits were high but as the weeks became a month we began to tire of the hot dusty roads, and uncomfortable humidity of the Iberian night. I feared the men would soon become mutinous when finally the city appeared on the horizon.

We made camp not far from the city, as I with my bodyguards rode to the walls to issue a challenge to the besieged city. I remember it all clearly. As I rode to the walls of the city I saw the usual guards and sentinels but there was one man who was different. He wore beautiful armor and stood with his sword drawn which glistened in the sunlight. I stopped my horse and stared at the strange man. I remember thinking that I had come upon the King of Spain but then he spoke in a voice I’ll never forget.

“Muslim dog of the Moors, hear me!!! You come here bearing arms seeking to take our city by force. I’ll tell you this. The fields will be seeped with your blood and if any blood is spilt in this city it will be yours!!! If you disbelieve me then come and attack! My sword longs to taste once again the blood of the Moors. El Cid has spoken and it shall be done!!!”

I must admit what surprise and terror took hold of my heart when I heard the man say he was the great Spaniard general, El Cid. He had killed many of our fellow countrymen and in past battles. Now he was here before me challenging me to battle. I could not look like a coward in front of my men, and gathered my wits to reply:

“Infidel, you shall pay for your arrogance. It will be your bones that bake in the hot sun of MY city. Prepare yourself, pray to your imaginary god; soon you will be with him jahannam to burn for eternity!!!”

With that I rode back to camp. Word spread like wildfire with many of the men struck fear in their hearts. I knew I had to do something so I gathered the men together. I must here admit that I am not a excellent speaker but I had to say something.

“My fellow brothers and kinsmen! Many of you have heard that the pig El Cid is the leader of the forces of the rabble we are about to give a good lesson in war. Fear has spread through this camp like a disease. Steel your hearts and be men! This infidel has killed many of the true religion, faithful followers of Allah. We cannot…NO…we will not allow this to go unpunished. We will send him and those who stand against us to everlasting torment! Let us show these infidels what it means to conquer the world for Allah!!!

The men cheered and clapped. Now they were inspired and set about a work to attack Valencia. A week later,I now sit before the city gates in my saddle, as Ayyub and Hamdin finished the final preparations for battle. The siege equipment has been built, we have make salat and we now go to glory or to death.

Last edited by Scottish King; March 21, 2012 at 01:06 PM.

Yesssss I do like it!
    It's realllly intense, and these are just rebels you're facing! I can't imagine the awesomeness this will become when you face off against the Spanish! I do expect an epic battle with El Cid
    One thing though,
    Ayyub was one of my younger brother and I was proud to see him finally become a man. He along with our other brothers, Hamdin al-Isbili, both had marriages on the same day.
    Did you mean, "Ayyub was one of my younger brothers and I was proud to see him finally become a man. He along with our other brother, Hamdin al-Isbili, were wed on the same day."?
    It seems like that would make a little more sense. Up to you though

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Scelesticfish View Post
    Yesssss I do like it!
    It's realllly intense, and these are just rebels you're facing! I can't imagine the awesomeness this will become when you face off against the Spanish! I do expect an epic battle with El Cid
    One thing though, Did you mean, "Ayyub was one of my younger brothers and I was proud to see him finally become a man. He along with our other brother, Hamdin al-Isbili, were wed on the same day."?
    It seems like that would make a little more sense. Up to you though
    I had left the "s" off the first one and when I corrected it put in on the second brother instead. Glad u enjoyed it and thanks for calling my attention to that.

Next update: Miswar's battle with El Cid and plotting back home.

Cool AAR so far. I am always envious of authors that can successfully write in the politics and the story of the troops themselves. That's a weak point in my AAR.

I am also super excited to see what I hope is the famed sword Tizona in El Cid's hands! I know you posted in my AAR, but if you haven't gotten to that chapter yet (in the 30s I think), you'll see my own stories about Tizona's reappearance in the 1200s.

Also, as much as I like this AAR, I am obliged to root against you in every encounter against Portugal.
    But I'll be happy to root for you against Leon, Aragon, and especially Norway if you ever manage to encounter them.

Good job so far! + rep

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TheBard View Post
    Cool AAR so far. I am always envious of authors that can successfully write in the politics and the story of the troops themselves. That's a weak point in my AAR.

I am also super excited to see what I hope is the famed sword Tizona in El Cid's hands! I know you posted in my AAR, but if you haven't gotten to that chapter yet (in the 30s I think), you'll see my own stories about Tizona's reappearance in the 1200s.

Also, as much as I like this AAR, I am obliged to root against you in every encounter against Portugal.
    But I'll be happy to root for you against Leon, Aragon, and especially Norway if you ever manage to encounter them.

Good job so far! + rep
    Thanks, man. Writing the inside politics of the court can be difficult but I like challenging myself. I read the chapters regarding the Tizona also (actually I read your whole AAR). I think I'll include details about the legendary sword and maybe even have Miswar become its new owner . As for your rooting for Portugal, they are going to need the support if they going to withstand the assault of the faithful followers of Allah.

Content Emeritus

Victory and Plotting

Valencia Province 1086 Miswar’s Journal

I see that I left off writing just before I fought the great El Cid and I will pick up there as a great many things have happened since then.

It was a cloudy and dismal day when we attacked Valencia

I had a company of my desert archers man the ram and a company of Iberian mercenaries I had hired carry the ladders. My army consisted of the bodyguards of Hamdin, Ayyub, and mine own, with 2 companies of mencenaries, desert archers, desert cavalry, javelin men, and 1 company of spear militia. I was confident that my army could hold out and as if to prove that I was right, the ladders and the ram reached the walls at the same time with little casualties.

The mercenaries began the bloody work I had paid them for and soon the ram battered down the gates. When the archers pulled the ram away, I gasped with surprise. There at the front of the enemy force was El Cid!!!

My archers froze with fear. I actually saw a few of them drop their bows and soon they were in flight. I looked to the walls hoping that we had gained some lead way, but instead saw the first mercenary company running from the wall, in defeat. This was a total disgrace. I could almost hear El Cid and his men laughing and taunting me. A shout of frustration and anger escaped from my mouth, as I spurred my horse on, leading the charge with Hamdin and Ayyub close behind me. Even as we charged, I heard El Cid shout a battle cry that struck fear into the hearts of my last mercenary company and with heavy losses they also ran without honor. But I kept spurring on my horse until at last our armies met within the city walls.

I don’t remember much about the charge except the sword, Tizona and El Cid’s voice. How many of my fellow countrymen had fallen prey to the Tizona’s unquenched thirst for blood? And how many more would it taste it I loss here? The sword glimmered even on a day where no sunlight was to be seen. It waved back and forth, cutting, slicing, and killing until it finally disappeared from view. It was the same with his voice. I heard him continuely urging his men on and forward. What should have been an easy victory was turning into a struggle to maintain the upper hand. That a man can have such sway over the morale of his men was awe inspiring. But soon too his voice went silent. This I do remember but nothing else. I don’t remember my desert cavalry and archers raining death upon the enemy at the walls using every single arrow they had, or the javelins of the jinetes that killed my faithful bodyguard, or when El Cid finally fell by an unknown spear.

I only remember finally fighting my way through to the square. Even though our bodyguards had taken heavy casualties, we had triumphantly taken the square. It was only later did I realize what carnage I had left in my wake.

I had beaten El Cid, one of the greatest general’s that ever lived.

Algiers Province 1086 Qasim's Jounral

The council has surprised me with extra money saying it was a reward for the recent victory at Valencia.

If this was an attempt to buy me out, it failed because I put it promptly in the treasury which was quickly exhausted yet again by high maintenance of our fledgling empire. I can't say that I wasn't tempted to use the money for myself but it would have been a sin against Allah and the Sultan.

I believe the council could be planning some kind of coup but I have no evidence of this as of yet. Even though the Sultan is weak, he is still the Sultan and I am obligated to serve him. But do I continue to serve him if he is leading our proud nation to ruin? Only time will tell. The survival of the Moors comes first before all men, even the Sultan. If he cannot effectively rule our nation then he must be removed.
    Last edited by Scottish King; March 21, 2012 at 01:09 PM.

Default Re: [MTW2] To Conquer the World For Islam: A Moor AAR Updated 05/08

Uh oh, now that you've taken Valencia you're bordered with Aragon. D: Nice start, and I'll be keeping up with this one!

Aye, siwmae. And good day to you.

Content Emeritus

Icon5 Re: [MTW2] To Conquer the World For Islam: A Moor AAR Updated 05/08

Quote Originally Posted by Igna View Post
    Uh oh, now that you've taken Valencia you're bordered with Aragon. D: Nice start, and I'll be keeping up with this one!
    Sadly I'm not playing SS which means no Aragon But look at the bright side, I'm closer to the French

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish King View Post
    Sadly I'm not playing SS which means no Aragon But look at the bright side, I'm closer to the French
    Oh! Well then, in that case, slaughter our enemies, Portugal and Castile!

Aye, siwmae. And good day to you.

Artifex

I like that you go all out with using spoilers, nice to people with slow connections. Good start of the story.

I like the moors a lot, hope to see more of their desert troops (some of the very few decent-looking units in vanilla) in the future too. It's ages since I played vanilla but desert archers and -cavalry are rather good even there, aren't they?
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

Very nice start, and it is particularly interesting to read Muslim faction AARs! Keep up the good work!

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Igna View Post
    Oh! Well then, in that case, slaughter our enemies, Portugal and Castile!
    Will do!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltacus View Post
    I like that you go all out with using spoilers, nice to people with slow connections. Good start of the story.

I like the moors a lot, hope to see more of their desert troops (some of the very few decent-looking units in vanilla) in the future too. It's ages since I played vanilla but desert archers and -cavalry are rather good even there, aren't they?
    Maltacus, I myself have a slow internet connection so I can sympathize with you on that. I just started playing with the Moors but there desert units are pretty decent (even though I was in for a big surprise when in battle with the desrt cavalry for first time I found out that the they were missile units, rather than normal cavalry).
    Quote Originally Posted by Radzeer View Post
    Very nice start, and it is particularly interesting to read Muslim faction AARs! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks for reading, Radzeer. I hope I can continue to write up to expectations!!! I'll be bogged down this week writing a paper for school (I always wait till the last minute) so if all else fails I'll have an update up this coming weekend.
    Last edited by Scottish King; May 09, 2011 at 07:47 AM.

Content Emeritus

The Plot, Debacle, and Jihad

Algiers 1088 Qasim’s Journal

I have finally had enough! Word has reached me that Sultan Miswar has given the Valencia province to the Portuguese!!! He has again compromised with the enemy and this time to their benefit. How can giving land to our enemies help us in the long run. They will be much harder to push off the peninsula now with more resources and manpower under their control.

What in Allah’s name can the Sultan be thinking?! Many brave Moors gave their lives to conquer Valencia and now it seems in vain. Will Miswar gift Cordoba, the capital of our great nation to the Pope himself? He is undoing everything that his father has built. I saw the horror of the war that unified our great nation. I fought by our first great Sultan as he brought together a people driven back by the Spanish from their ancestral homes in Iberia. I stood with him in triumph as the council recognized his right to rule and we entered into a new age.

But now I see all that he accomplished on the verge of collapse because of a weak son. I will not stand by as our nation heads toward ruin and extinction by the infidels. Time after time Miswar has given way to the European dogs and now sensing our weakness; the Sicilians have sunk our new warship and blockaded one of our ports! Yet the Sultan has not declared a state of war!

I have thought long and hard about this and I feel now is time to act. I have the support of the council and the southern Moorish army. I am now preparing to march to Cordoba and confront Miswar as he returns. He does not deserve to be leader of our people. He will either give up his crown or he will die like the sheep he so elegantly mimics. May Allah be with me for there is no turning back. The supplies are being readied, the men armed and prayers said. I will either be the new Sultan or die a traitor!

Granada 1088 Miswar’s Journal

I am filled with mixed emotions about the events of the past two years. Valencia was a complete failure. I tried untiringly to bring it fully under Moorish control but it was not to be. Religion seems to motivate people in ways threats and violence cannot. Nothing could stop the religious fueled riots that broke out in the city in what was almost a daily basis. I’ve have been kept busy for 2 years and it had taken its toll on myself, Ayyub, and Hamdin. I also missed my younger brother’s marriage ceremony.

Many of my men came to believe that Valencia was cursed and El Cid’s spirit was behind all our misfortune. I knew that the real reason was that Allah was punishing me for taking the glory instead of honoring him after we won the Battle of Valencia. I prayed day and night, praying that he would forgive me and quell the unrest but to no avail.

Last month, I finally gave up. Valencia would never be mine. I sent a diplomat to my allies, the Portuguese, and arranged the giving over of Valencia as a gift for being such great allies. This was accepted with great joy by the Portuguese, but not by my countrymen. I could see the disappointment, mistrust, and anger in their eyes as I told them the news. It felt as if the whole world had rejected me. No news had come from Cordoba for months and I knew almost nothing about what was going on at the capital. I only foresee the council plotting my removal and my death by an assassin’s hand. This was the focus of my thoughts as I marched with an army that despised me on a march of shame to a city that would reject me.

This was the state of affairs as we cross back into the Granada province, when we came upon an imam standing in the middle of the road as if to greet us. As we came closer he shouted to us saying,

“Great Sultan, I am Fakhir, known by many as the Unorthodox. I bring word from the all-powerful, Allah. He has seen your trials and hopes you have learned your lesson. He has not forsaken you. Your rule will be never forgotten if you will but obey and submit to the will of Allah.”

I was awe-struck. I had known Fakhir to be an advisor to my father and a revered imam of the true religion. He had disappeared after the Unification War which had ended 13 years ago so to see him before me was no little surprise.

After recovering from my astonishment, I unmounted my horse and bowed before Fahkir.
    “I have sinned against Allah. I ask that he will forgive me for not giving him what was rightfully his but I swear before all present and Allah that I will do whatever he may ask, even in giving up my crown.”

Fakhir laid his hands upon my shoulders and stood me up. He looked into my eyes then turned to my men who were looking upon the scene. He raised his hands and exclaimed, “All hail the Sultan, ruler of the Moors and chosen of Allah!”

At this, my soldiers, who before felt ill toward me, bowed in one accord shouting, “All hail the Sultan!” Then Fakhir turned to me and shouted for all to hear:

“Allah has chosen you to do his will. If you do what he has asked, he will bless you, if not, he will curse you. He has seen the wickedness of the Spanish and what they have done to his faithful. He has chosen you to be his hammer and deliverer of judgment due them. You are to wage holy war against the Spanish and drive them off the face of the earth.

“Do not continue home but go straightaway to Leon and show them the power of Allah!”

There was complete silence. The men stood, looking to see how I would answer. I unsheathed my sword, raised it to the heavens and yelled with all my might, “To Leon!!!”and set out immediately for Spanish territory.

And this brings me thus to the present. Fakhir has stayed with us and his presence has already proven well. I finally found out why no news had come from Cordoba. My messengers were being captured by the Valencian rebels and killed. But one escaped and has brought me word of the state of affairs. The Sicilians had attacked and destroyed our navy, which I was planning to expand, and had blockaded Granada. I have immediately sent messengers to Qasim and the council declaring a state of war and authorizing Qasim to attack the Sicilians immediately.

I also sent back Ayyub to look after the capital just in case the Portuguese decided to renege on our alliance. I meanwhile am camped on the borders of the Toledo province which I plan to take from the Spanish and use as a springboard to attack Leon. The die is cast there is no turning back.
    Last edited by Scottish King; March 21, 2012 at 01:11 PM.

dezikeizer's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [MTW2] To Conquer the World For Islam: A Moor AAR Updated 05/15

Very good updates, and an interesting situation. I wonder if Qasim will still go through with overthrowing the Sultan.
    Just a couple things:
    El Cid had taken down a quarter of me men himself,
    I think you meant: El Cid had taken down a quarter of my men himself.
    It won’t be long before grow tired of this and abandon me
    Did you meant: It won't be long before the men grow tired of this and abandon me?

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast