Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

I can't confirm that; I've never experienced any problems of such kind.

Have you been modifying BC anyhow (e.g. by applying submods)? Also, are you sure you have installed BC correctly? What system do you have and what M2TW version do you have (Gold, Steam)?

Under the patronage of m_1512

I have Windows 7 with Gold edition.And I installed it to M2TW/mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms just like the installer said.And nope I havent modded BC in any way.

In reality I don't believe my problem can be resolved with any of the above templets, they are all not very related to my problem.
    Basically what happens is that whenever I try to start up the mod, I get an error saying "Wrong Kingdoms CD". I am running on a Windows 7 PC and M2TW Gold Edition. Does anybody know how to fix this problem?
    Thank You!

I'm having this exact issue, and I'm running Version 2.3. Any help?

Hmm...

Have you patched your M2TW to 1.5?

M2TW or M2TW Kingdoms? My M2TW is at 1.03, but I don't know if that makes a difference or not... Also I cannot check what version Kingdoms is on, because whenever I try and start up the Crusades campaign, I get the same Wrong Disc error message. Is there another way to check the game version?

If you want to play BC 2.3, you have to have Kingdoms patched to 1.5 (1.05 is its other label). Bare M2TW can be patched only to 1.3 indeed.

If you can't even run your Kingdoms, then something is wrong with your installation. BC installation doesn't affect Kingdoms. I think you have installed wrong 1.5 patch - both M2TW+Kingdoms and the patch have to be of the same language version. It's easy to confuse it.

I think it would be enough if you had find proper patch version and install it over current one. Try this. If it doesn't help, then you will have to reinstall everything.

Ok, it would seem though, that I only have M2TW Gold Edition Disc 1 with me, so I will have to wait until the end of the month, to retrieve the 2 disc. By the way, I installed it in this file path:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms
    Is that ok?
    Thanks!

Dear Wudang_CLown, I have installed BC 2.3 yet the whole UI issue with allied armies persists.

Name of your issue
    UI-BUG (reinforcements window)
    What faction, what unit(s)?
    Eastern Roman Empire
    Briefly describe the issue and add comments?
    As above
    Provide Screenshot.
    (same as the first post on this page)

Yes, it's 2.3 error, it will be fixed in upcoming patch.

Cool dude.

By the way, I'm a first time BC'er, the game is a joy to behold. Its accuracy, range of factions and gameplay are stunning.

beos777's Avatar Semisalis

hello....i am having the same problem with Koppie,(in the 3d page of this thread...exactly the same....except that im using windows xp not 7)

1. First define what the problem is.
    2. Check if the issue has already been resolved in fix threads. If not continue to report.
    3. Open spoiler section for each problem type.
    4. Copy the template format, and paste it in you post.
    5. Answer all questions asked in the template.

Hi, I play on steam, and had to use the modded launcher you guys recommend. I noticed that it did NOT auto-populate the config file when I added it to the mod list in the launcher. I left it alone, and the game launches and plays fine. The problem I'm having is that all my unit cards show default peasants. This happens with all factions, in both custom battles, and on the campaign map. I checked the forums, and found where the bug had been mentioned about 3 months ago, but no one answered the guys post.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Any idea what went wrong?

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

I have installed all three parts of this mod, but when I go to launch it, a window pops up saying that the game cannot find "kingdoms.exe" ? Has anyone else had this problem?

Are you using Steam?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Barbarossa View Post
    I have installed all three parts of this mod, but when I go to launch it, a window pops up saying that the game cannot find "kingdoms.exe" ? Has anyone else had this problem?
    I had this problem. You must install one (or more) of the 4 Kingdoms expansions. (Amricas, Teutonic, etc)
    If you know that you have installed it, ensure that there is a kingdoms.exe in your sega/medieval II total war.

If you removed medieval II total war some time, ensure that you also remove the expansions from your software list. The kingdoms launch screen will say that the 4 mods are installed if you don't do this.

Hit a bit of a snag. In my sega/medieval II total war, I see the kingdoms launcher but no kingdoms.exe, or is it the same thing?
    Last edited by Charlie Barbarossa; September 05, 2011 at 10:20 AM.

You need to install kingdoms in that case (or reinstall).
    The launcher is the thing that pops up if you put your CD in your drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Barbarossa View Post
    Hit a bit of a snag. In my sega/medieval II total war, I see the kingdoms launcher but no kingdoms.exe, or is it the same thing?
    How's that? You have to have kingdoms.exe in your main M2TW directory. Is it there or not?