Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT 2.3: QUESTIONS and SUGGESTIONS

Byzantineboy and Wudang and the rest of the crew are working on the next release as we speak. From the previews I have seen it will be worth the wait.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Ah very god, i was already afraid that the mod might have died in the last weeks. Caint wait for the new version

Domesticus
    Artifex

The community would appreciate a small update on the development's current state every now and then for sure. At least I would.

Finn King! Or did it have a "_"?

Domesticus
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by k/t
    Finn King! Or did it have a "_"?
    Oh man, I never expected anyone to remember that anymore. Yeah, that's me, though it was "FinnKing" without spaces. What a terrible name. Anyhow, I'm here again, this time with a mod. Hoping to release some new stuff soon enough.

Good to see you still around too. Great work with the RR/RC release for BC in the past as well.

I remember everything. An elephant never forgets.

Thanks.

The biggest problems with this mod for me is real recruitment and combat, actual battles.
    Real recruitment should be changed with " local units" that can be recruited within your historical faction borders and most of your factional units everywhere else on the map provinces. Now it just posses a problem where you have 20 or more regions and you recruit( including AI ) peasants and militia troops to fight/ invade other faction with their factional superb troops.
    Another problem is combat : cavalry charges and skirmishers -- foot archers, HA, javelin man and cav should be more effective in battle. Other mods like Stainless steel and Third age have solved this problem very well. The broken crescent team should look into this matter because it is the weakest aspects of this mod compared to rival mods. That is why i don't play this mod anymore, i like it, but not like SS or Third age.

What exactly do you mean by "real recruitment"?

Being able to recruit your factional units anywhere doesn't make much sense.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Being able to recruit your factional units anywhere doesn't make much sense.
    You should be atleast able to recruit your elite units or some new, mixed-cultured units. Otherwise the mid- and lategame gets boring because the faction you play loose big parts of its uniqueness and gets random to some extend.
    Last edited by LinusLinothorax; October 10, 2014 at 08:54 AM.

Hello, downloaded BC today and really enjoying it! It's also the first time I've used a Mod, great work!

I'm playing as KoJ at the moment and have had a few diplomats come to my cities (to initiate dimplomacy) but then the diplomacy screen fails to appear. I've encountered this glitch in vanillia and Kingdoms. What's the issue here?

I'm still getting used to the high cost of city and castle improvements, I presume this is to add realism to the game, additionally having my income barely above costs is a similar realism effect ye went for?

If Antioch falls do Crusaders arrive, or is this only if Antioch falls to Muslim forces?

Great job with BC guys.

Great work again, love the Kingdom Of Heaven pictures!

The diplomats are trying to bribe, and it's usually a sign the AI will attack you.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    The diplomats are trying to bribe, and it's usually a sign the AI will attack you.
    Thanks, I never realised that's what they were attempting to do.

Since human relations with most AI factions tend to be poor, the AI diplomats' only realistic option available often would be to try to bribe your general or settlement, so no scroll comes up. If the human player has enough money and relations are not too bad, they will occasionally make a map information offer for cash. If relations are ok but the player has no cash, they may go for a trade offer, ceasefire, etc. I have seen diplomats who stood there bowing turn after turn suddenly making a sensible offer, such as a ceasefire or offering cash for something. So it must not be assumed that they have come to that settlement with a purpose to bribe or that bribing tops their list of priorities.

Not sure if this has been covered already, but I haven't seen it.

And with the latest patch updates, it might not have been brought up recently.

So, here goes:

While playing as the Kingdom of Jerusalem, I found the game fun and engaging, challenging, and rewarding...
    but I can't seem to recruit Templar Knights and Dismounted Templar Knights anywhere after the second or third turn. From the beginning of the game, they are both recruitable (at a limit of one unit max) from Jerusalem. After that, they can no longer be purchased. They disappear from the recruitment tab, from the building tab (ie. the information scroll brought up by a right click in the building info), and cannot be retrained.

I thought it might have been a problem with the building-tier. Say, if I did not have the appropriate level of Templar Order buildings, I would understand the inability to recruit the highest-tier units...
    but there's nothing above the second-tier Templar buildings listed.

Help?

I've played a ton of factions, and I really enjoy the mod overall. This seems to be the first time I've encountered the problem.

Best,

TWS
    "Far better is it to have a stout heart always, and suffer one's share of evils, than to be ever fearing what may happen, and never incur a mischance." - Herodotus

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by theworldstage View Post
    but I can't seem to recruit Templar Knights and Dismounted Templar Knights anywhere after the second or third turn. From the beginning of the game, they are both recruitable (at a limit of one unit max) from Jerusalem. After that, they can no longer be purchased.
    If I recall, that's an error in the EDB with whatever requirements are necessary, and they shouldn't be recruitable yet at all. It's a great error though, and should be left as is, because it's the perfect opportunity for the player to spend money to get a couple of these expensive elites if they so choose in the beginning.

Later you should be able to recruit them 1. only in certain cities (Acre, Jerusalem, etc) 2. with the proper buildings, and 3. only after a certain date. For example there's a reform for the Templars that occurs after the Mongol invasion in 1204 (again, iirc), and another for the Hospitallers much later than that.

There should be a more concise explanation around here somewhere.

Perfect.

Turns out the keywords I was using to search the BC threads didn't appear in that guy's post.

Alas.

I guess I'll have to tool around with some other factions for a while and when I feel like I can handle starting a KoJ campaign from square 1 again... I'll do so.

Thx
    "Far better is it to have a stout heart always, and suffer one's share of evils, than to be ever fearing what may happen, and never incur a mischance." - Herodotus

ehh, praise be to allah , I have waited years for this update to 2.4. I will begin my invasion inshallah and de white man whill pay for his atttrocities upon my peoples! Finally I may download this game

I think it's worth considering the addition of the western Kara-Khanid (which at the time was vassal to the Kara-Khitan empire): it ruled from Samarkand and even controlled Termez for some time.

Karakhanid would make their apparition not as faction but as rebel subfaction.