Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] "Demise of the Republic" Download/Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RTW-rusteam View Post
    clear, thank you, about Demise of the Republic, I can continue the game after 14 AD or campaign stoped?
    The game ends when Augustus Caesar dies in August 14AD. You will be returned to the main menu when this happens.
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post
    The game ends when Augustus Caesar dies in August 14AD. You will be returned to the main menu when this happens.
    Can you abolish this restriction please?

Quote Originally Posted by RTW-rusteam View Post
    Can you abolish this restriction please?
    The 12 turns per year script ends in 14 AD, and it would be a monster of a job to add more to it. Further, I would be surprised if there are many players whom have not completed the victory conditions and become a bit board of the campaign by the time they reach August 14AD. This is a total of 783 turns. Most games only last for 300 to 400 turns.
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

The 12 turns per year script ends in 14 AD, and it would be a monster of a job to add more to it. Further, I would be surprised if there are many players whom have not completed the victory conditions and become a bit board of the campaign by the time they reach August 14AD. This is a total of 783 turns. Most games only last for 300 to 400 turns.
    That would be allot of turns but I think RTW-rusteam is after what many want a purely Imperial mod, Flavian to Antonine perhaps

Signature made by Joar

is there a plan to edit this for 1 turn plays? that would be fantastical.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantius View Post
    That would be allot of turns but I think RTW-rusteam is after what many want a purely Imperial mod, Flavian to Antonine perhaps
    It would be great, it's my favorite period of Roman history

Quote Originally Posted by josh187 View Post
    is there a plan to edit this for 1 turn plays? that would be fantastical.

I anticipate releasing a 1 turn version sometime in the near future.

I don't anticipate having the necessary time available to take on this sort of task.

I don't anticipate having the necessary time available to take on this sort of task.
    No fair enough, a mammouth task, just happy for this version. Sorry for the questions, but do you extract into RTW folder?

Signature made by Joar

No fair enough, a mammouth task, just happy for this version. Sorry for the questions, but do you extract into RTW folder?
    Please don't apologize for asking questions. Questions are very much welcomed. And concerning the expansion you asked for I would love to do something like that, but some near term changes in my personal life are about to make my available time for modding very limited.

Concerning where you are supposed to extract the files into the instructions are below:

- extract the contents of the zip file into your RS2 directory (the directory where the data folder and all the modfolders are). Then choose to overwrite all existing files. This will add a new campaign called “Demise of the Republic.”

Somehow I am missing something, the RSII directory is the RTW is it not, as its not mod foldered? So I have extracted there ! But when I go to run there is no option available

Signature made by Joar

Somehow I am missing something, the RSII directory is the RTW is it not, as its not mod foldered? So I have extracted there ! But when I go to run there is no option available
    Yes, the directory is the RTW directory where you have RS2 installed. This is the path to my RTW/RS2 directory: C:\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\

Version 1.3 Now Released

Version 1.3 (10 May 2011)
    NOT SAVED GAME COMPATIBLE

Changes:

- Thanks to the hard work of christophoros a complete and historically accurate Julii-Caesares family tree has been added.

- The events file has been updated so you will no longer see event messages for events of a different era. For example, you will no longer see this inappropriate event message, "Roman soldiers have recently arrested some suspicious, foreign-looking men who turned out to be Macedonian ambassadors sent by their king to negotiate an alliance with Rome's arch-enemy, Carthage. Although Macedon will most likely soon send other diplomats, the Romans are now warned and additional warships have been dispatched to the Adriatic Sea in order to prevent any invasion of Italy by the troublesome Greeks."

Still haven't got it. Downloaded, extracted to RTW folder( where RSII is installed) But No option !all the other campaigns are listed but not 'Demise of Rep' Any idea why?

Signature made by Joar

Constantius,
    When I extracted my download, I found that within the RTW directory (where all of the folders are that say "Play Romans", etc.) there was actually another folder that said "Rome - Total War". What I had to do was go within that second "Rome - Total War" folder and you should see a folder that says "Play Demise of the Republic" (or something along those lines) in there along with a few other things. I just cut all of that material and pasted it into the main directory and it worked fine.

I'm not sure if that's the same problem you're having, but I thought it might help .
    My AARs: [EB AAR] Sons of Achilles

Like RPing? Like Imperial Rome? Check out Aeterna Roma!

Thank you very much +REP

Signature made by Joar

No problem, glad I could help.
    My AARs: [EB AAR] Sons of Achilles

Like RPing? Like Imperial Rome? Check out Aeterna Roma!

It did, works now, thanks again

Signature made by Joar

I keep getting a CTD right after I press the arrow to start the campaign. I chose H/H settings, no arcade battles and no following AI chars. I noticed that you mentioned a bug about having the map fow toggled off, how do I do that if I have not been able to load the campaing map at all?

Yeah it sounds like you must have fog of war on. You have to go into the preferences settings before you launch the game to turn fog of war off. You can either use the launcher and click on the preferences button to adjust it that way or you can go into the Play_Demise_of_the_Republic\preferences folder to change it. If it says FOG_OF_WAR:TRUE then you need to change it to FALSE.

After you start the campaign you can turn fog of war back on without any problems.
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; May 15, 2011 at 02:02 PM.