Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Visit Romania!

CruscaderScout's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Visit Romania!

Very beautiful country. Hope to visit when I'm done with my education. Some of those mountain shots remind me of my home (Pacific Northwest).

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Quote Originally Posted by CruscaderScout View Post
    Very beautiful country. Hope to visit when I'm done with my education. Some of those mountain shots remind me of my home (Pacific Northwest).
    Glad you enjoy it.

Some more pictures.

Colilia Monastery, Dobrogea

Haystacks on a field

Detunatele in the winter

Vatra Dornei

Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Sibiu (Romanian pronunciation: [siˈbiw]; antiquated, Sibiiu; German: Hermannstadt; Hungarian: Nagyszeben) is an important city in Transylvania, Romania with a population of 154,548. It straddles the Cibin River, a tributary of the river Olt. It is the capital of Sibiu County and is located some 282 km north-west of Bucharest. Between 1692 and 1791 it was the capital of the Principality of Transylvania.
    Sibiu is one of the most important cultural centres of Romania, and was designated a European Capital of Culture for the year 2007, in tandem with Luxembourg. Formerly the centre of the Transylvanian Saxons, the old city of Sibiu was ranked as "Europe's 8th most idyllic place to live" by Forbes.
    So here are some few images from my hometown !

Last edited by Kranos; May 11, 2011 at 12:21 PM.

Salem1's Avatar Campidoctor

Please no, no pictures of winter. I endured 6 months of to get to this spring and I don't want to see a single virtual snowflake, I don't want to see or think about anything connected to mid-late autumn, winter or early spring. Show me Romania in the sea breeze area
    Last edited by Salem1; May 11, 2011 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salem1 View Post
    Please no, no pictures of winter. I endured 6 months of to get to this spring and I don't want to see a single virtual snowflake, I don't want to see or think about anything connected to mid-late autumn, winter or early spring. Show me Romania in the sea breeze area

For my 4000th post, here's some more summery pictures. The first one happens to be my desktop background as well, it's superb.

Bucovina in the summer

Black Sea

Danube Delta

Danube Delta

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Gorgeous stuff! I appreciate all of the culture and history.

I always wondered why all the Romanians I've met in Chicago are all so depressing... it must be because they miss home

Getwulf's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ♔IPA35♔ View Post
    Poor countries tend to have a small very wealthy elite.

I was refering to those farmers in those medieval villages of yours.
    There are poor people no doubt... But Romanians aren't the beggar starving, homeless people that the western media is so fond of displaying...

Quote Originally Posted by ♔IPA35♔ View Post
    Isn't the average wage in Romania like 700 Leu or €170 a month?
    I make that kind of money and I work 1.5 day a week doing a some underpaid student job.
    No that isn't the average wage in Romania... A per capita average wage in Romania is $11,860 a year in US dollars. That's about $ 988.00 US dollars per month. It isn't anywhere near as high as in the rest of developed Europe but again it isn't beggar starving poor as you would think.

Let's add this video as well to the list...

Last edited by Getwulf; May 12, 2011 at 10:29 AM.
    Sai rodida Guthans!

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

Nice landscape. Unfortunately all your criminals came over to the UK and we now have a pretty warped impression of Romanians. I have encountered them 3 times in my life and each time it was because they were robbing either me or my family.

Shame really.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

Quote Originally Posted by René Artois View Post
    Nice landscape. Unfortunately all your criminals came over to the UK and we now have a pretty warped impression of Romanians. I have encountered them 3 times in my life and each time it was because they were robbing either me or my family.

Shame really.
    Ouch. I'm really sorry to hear that Rene. I hope you haven't had any long term problems after those incidents.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well the problem is not the landscape,the problem is getting those Germans to understand that those bloody PZH 2000 shells land exactly on our roads.

Romania has some very nice places but we are still lacking the experience of the Bulgarians,shocking but then again they sold the Hotels to the foreigners.

If we bring the infrastructure up and get some experience we will be a nice place to visit,who knows even top those Bulgarians.

Top 5 places to visit in Romania.

Another clip with cool images and places too see

ciprianrusu's Avatar Biarchus

Take it from the professionals !
    I trust I make myself obscure.
    Nihil Sine Deo

RS Legion Organizer Tool
    Visit Romania! A land of beauty and culture!

Quote Originally Posted by ciprianrusu View Post
    Take it from the professionals !
    That's the one from Switzerland I understand the confusion, Jeremy said the same thing about the Transfagarasan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transf%...%C4%83%C5%9Fan

Getwulf's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post

...LOL...

"...I saw you driving like an absolute maniac into this poor man's classic Dacia....!!!"

That is so funny...
    Last edited by Getwulf; May 13, 2011 at 12:14 PM.
    Sai rodida Guthans!

Comes Domesticorum

Jeremy says it's the greatest driving road in the world in every country he's in, lol.

Getwulf's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by René Artois View Post

Shame really.
    All our criminals...??? Neah... I'm pretty sure we still have some criminals in Romania...!

Really, they were robbing you or your family...? How did you know that they were Romanians?

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    Ouch. I'm really sorry to hear that Rene. I hope you haven't had any long term problems after those incidents.
    I'm sorry to hear about it too...! Next time I'm going to Britain I'll be going straight to Rene's house to give him a spanking!
    Last edited by Getwulf; May 13, 2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Sai rodida Guthans!

Erebus Pasha's Avatar vezir-i âzam

Quote Originally Posted by Getwulf View Post
    All our criminals...??? Neah... I'm pretty sure we still have some criminals in Romania...!

Really, they were robbing you or your family...? How did you know that they were Romanians?
    Because they made their getaway in a horse-drawn wagon.

But seriously it is unfortunate that long held stereotypes come into play. Romania is a nice country with nice people but when a small minority engage in criminal activities then it has a negative influence on the country in general which is sad. But that can apply to any country, and not just Romania.

I would like to add that some of the photo's in this thread are simply beautiful. Romania is a country I would love to visit one day.

www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/
    Under the patronage of the Noble Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Jeremy says it's the greatest driving road in the world in every country he's in, lol.
    For once he actually loved it, his astonishment was genuine.

That being said, I do hope one day to take a powerful car for a drift on the Transfagarasan, that place is absolutely beautiful. Next time they try to film a Tokyo Drift style movie, I hope the mountain touge scenes get filmed over here.

I would like to add that some of the photo's in this thread are simply beautiful. Romania is a country I would love to visit one day.
    Everyone is welcome to visit us.

Getwulf's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    Because they made their getaway in a horse-drawn wagon.

But seriously it is unfortunate that long held stereotypes come into play. Romania is a nice country with nice people but when a small minority engage in criminal activities then it has a negative influence on the country in general which is sad. But that can apply to any country, and not just Romania.

Hey I'm a big boy... I can handle the idea that Romania has criminals and that they go abroad. The problem here is that apparently whenever they jack somebody these criminals say...

"I really enjoyed having you as my victim tonight. AND if the Census asks... I'm Romanian!"...

...which I have problem believing.
    Sai rodida Guthans!