Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: [tavern] of darkness

The excited one's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [tavern] of darkness

hows everyone going having been here for a while......................
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Waiting for the preview... :

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Preview... somebody is well-informed?

No, just hoping that if I say that often enough they will give in. Although with the pre-preview one can feel a real preview is quite due.

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

A little bit patience my friends - the sassie preview will come soon. Some models still need a revision.

Haha - I guessed it!

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Man you are good indeed. Btw did you change your name? Wasnt it something with Sarmatian before?

I didn't change my name... I changed its language though. And added a superlative superlative ().

As one recent post asked about when it is released something occured to me - all the mods under development should rly pick up the pace.

Some of you'd be like:
    Why don't you do anything to help? It's hard to make all the models and coding, don't you know?
    Well...

According to rumors and since shogun2 and its expansion is released the obvious follower would be rome2tw. (there's no way these greedy corporates would stop releasing TW series just because of the unimportant reason of running out of eras) epmire-napoleon was followed not by WW era, but instead shogun2, soo...

I'm not accusing developers of this and some other mods under development, but if rome2tw gets released b4 the mod, the fanbase of this era will move there and all the hard work will be wasted
    For AoD - from what i understand work on this is going on at least 4 years with no sign of ending and it'd be a shame for such a great idea and almost unused timeframe doesn't materialize.

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Not entirely sure about that what you want tell us - that means I understand the words - but unfortunately not the meaning behind it.
    I want at least say some sentences about those parts which I have understood.

First of all - if we (that is my team and I) decide to make a modification for an old engine then this is just the way we want go. We can use our energy for what we want and we are not guided by a zeitgeist/spirit of the time.
    Just because it's always chic to work with the latest engine, we must not do it.

Furthermore you make the mistake to think that we have an exaggerated enthusiasm or an affinity - to bring a product to market - under all circumstances. This is not the case - however, I may say that my beta is meanwhile very far developed but unit-making goes on.

Quite fundamentally, we are a group of historians who try to create a new world for simulating the 6th century. Insofar the used engine is a secondary issue for me. I also want to finish AoD2 so fast as possible, but if we need 1 or 2 more years then it's fine for me and for the rest of my team also.

Also, a new game-engine (e.g. R2TW) has to provide evidence first that you can modify the game - which is by far not clear to this moment.
    And finally I don't understand what you mean with "the work is wasted" when a new game is coming out. Do you mean that our work could be wasted just because the bulk of the Users (from which most of them haven't help us) moved to another game?

Let me say that many people, myself included, learned a lot during the last years - and the benefit was (and is!) incredible high for all of us - especially in relation to this issue the used game-engine is completely irrelevant.
    Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; June 08, 2012 at 11:29 AM.

I am pretty damn sure that most people who frequent these forums won't cease playing Rome 1. Because MODS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pompeius Magnus View Post
    Not entirely sure about that what you want tell us - that means I understand the words - but unfortunately not the meaning behind it.
    I want at least say some sentences about those parts which I have understood.

First of all - if we (that is my team and I) decide to make a modification for an old engine then this is just the way we want go. We can use our energy for what we want and we are not guided by a zeitgeist/spirit of the time.
    Just because it's always chic to work with the latest engine, we must not do it.

Furthermore you make the mistake to think that we have an exaggerated enthusiasm or an affinity - to bring a product to market - under all circumstances. This is not the case - however, I may say that my beta is meanwhile very far developed but unit-making goes on.

Quite fundamentally, we are a group of historians who try to create a new world for simulating the 6th century. Insofar the used engine is a secondary issue for me. I also want to finish AoD2 so fast as possible, but if we need 1 or 2 more years then it's fine for me and for the rest of my team also.

Also, a new game-engine (e.g. R2TW) has to provide evidence first that you can modify the game - which is by far not clear to this moment.
    And finally I don't understand what you mean with "the work is wasted" when a new game is coming out. Do you mean that our work could be wasted just because the bulk of the Users (from which most of them haven't help us) moved to another game?

Let me say that many people, myself included, learned a lot during the last years - and the benefit was (and is!) incredible high for all of us - especially in relation to this issue the used game-engine is completely irrelevant.
    It's good to hear that you're not going to stop even if rome2 comes out first.

@Blatta
    Those ppl are mostly enthusiasts of this timeframe not game. Eventually part2 would grow on some mods and I'm just saying it would split the not so wide fanbase.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    I am pretty damn sure that most people who frequent these forums won't cease playing Rome 1. Because MODS!!!!
    Here Here!! it is still the best out of all of them. I moved my IBFD SAI to Alexander and now i cant top playing that..plus roma surrectum and IBFD RIO and LOTR totalwar... and Chivalry AND Darth mod .. dont forget Arthurian... I think I have a problem .. im almost afraid of AOD 2 coming out, MODs are getting better and better oh and rise of Persia!
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Quote Originally Posted by legio_XX View Post
    Here Here!! it is still the best out of all of them. I moved my IBFD SAI to Alexander and now i cant top playing that..plus roma surrectum and IBFD RIO and LOTR totalwar... and Chivalry AND Darth mod .. dont forget Arthurian... I think I have a problem .. im almost afraid of AOD 2 coming out, MODs are getting better and better oh and rise of Persia!
    Curse you for bringing up SAI - I havent been able to stop playing for already 3 months.
    And you're correct for everyone in this forum nowadays it's hands down the best. For now...
    (Okay the vanilla of a second part might not beat the current top mods - but someday it would happen)

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Its very likely that rome2 won't be moddable, just like ETW, NTW and Shogun 2 weren't mod friendly. So i'd keep my socks on if i were you. Rome and M2TW mods will be better than anything CA releases unless they fundamentally change their policies (which i doubt will happen).

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by richs1999 View Post
    Curse you for bringing up SAI - I havent been able to stop playing for already 3 months.
    And you're correct for everyone in this forum nowadays it's hands down the best. For now...
    (Okay the vanilla of a second part might not beat the current top mods - but someday it would happen)
    I feel for pain my friend. if you have the Alexander engine you might want to try it out. its kinda in beta form but the AI is much more aggressive for me at least.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

If Rome II is out, it will still have different aspects from AODII, like timeframe and history. So I wouldn't worry about that, RTW modding is still here to stay.
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

The thing is, CA doesn't seem to like mods anymoar, and I hypothesise that Steam has something to do with that (as in, it encourages game producers to look more for selling more copies than actual product life) but wether or not I am right with that the truth is modding the map is, as I understand it, point-blank impossible on Empire, Napoleon, and Shogun 2. I don't think that'll change sadly
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'