Thread: Silvan small products of Vifarc

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Default Silvan small products of Vifarc

Firstly, I greatly thank cedric37 for his beautiful Alternate UIs (AUI).
    I thank too el Cid for his New Message Icons (NMI).
    And for sure I thank the modders behind Third Age mod (TA).
    Too I thank Point Blank, Hero of the West, and many all modders for RC+R and MOS.

My TA UI is mainly based on Cedric' AUI.
    I share here some small UI tweaks I made, as a Silvan (Lorien UI) player.
    Here you'll see how I changed colors:
    You can find the zipped TGA files in bottom of the post. (edit: all seem having been lost by the forum)
    Feel free to use them in your released (or not) Third Age mod or submods.

. Queues Stalled
    The Queues Stalled message miss a better picture for the elves, it is still the Med2TW vanilia one (i.e. medieval european)!
    Mine is almost the same, however, this fits far better than the past vanilia Med2 picture.
    As no QS files were for elves in TA mod or submod (there is some, picturing Grima!, for other factions), I had to take a screenshot and work on to make the file.
    (edit: 2 attached pictures lost by the forum)
    Base TA (removed beard and moustache, elongated ear, reversed left/right, put green, and red on floor trying to make brown wood on, I was not skilled enough to change the full plate...)
    +AUI border (recolored golden)

. no_sharedpage_01 (you'll have to do some copy work):
    (JPEG and Zoom x8 is not very beautiful here.. That's far better ingame)
    (edit: 2 attached pictures lost by the forum)
    Elf bowmen: Flag made green
    Sword: "Blood sun" (dixit Legolas) + "Blue sword" (orcs here!)

. Cedric' faction icons, if you add them light and contrast, become better than vanilia to guess what faction.
    I'll post my tweak later.

EDIT: Last version (for 3.1) see post #12: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post10784993
    Last edited by Vifarc; April 24, 2015 at 08:36 AM.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Silvan small products of Vifarc

I don't remember giving you any permission to edit my work?

You can't just go around and edit other people their stuff without permission, so I suggest you remove the link to the download. This is actually set by site rules.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    I don't remember giving you any permission to edit my work?
    , so I suggest you remove the link to the download.
    Sorry, I was not sure about this. It was idiot doing this without being sure about (and ZackFair supported me in your thread). I send PMs to ask.

It can be good to sometimes remind and show these written rules:

Modding Guidelines:
    Modding teams and individuals agree to recognize the work of other modders and teams and not utilize their material, nor modify their base material in any way, without their permission, unless said material has been declared as "free to use resource" by them. In any case, credit is to be given where it is due, for any material used in a public project that was created by others. Failure to acquire permission for third party material used in a public mod will result in warnings, as per the site's rules, and additional penalties at the discretion of the site administration.
    Forum Rules:
    Intermediate Offenses
    Intermediate offenses will usually receive a caution on the first offense and a warning for every offense thereafter. Intermediate offenses include:
    • Redistributing others' game modifications without permission. While modders may not technically have legal rights to their work, we respect their moral right to control who is allowed to use it. Links to mods using modders' work without permission will be removed.
    Last edited by Vifarc; April 27, 2011 at 03:11 AM.
    My small products here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vifarc View Post
    Sorry, I was not sure about this. It was idiot doing this without being sure about (and ZackFair supported me in your thread). I send PMs to ask.

It can be good to sometimes remind and show these written rules:

Modding Guidelines:
    Forum Rules:
    lol I thought you had already asked ..el Cid is surely right
    Best M2TW mods :)

1st Place) Third Age
    2nd Place) THERA - Call of Warhammer

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Almost all zipped TGA files will be back soon.
    Few are back (due to one forbid, and for I finally use Cedric faction icons).
    Last edited by Vifarc; May 16, 2011 at 10:09 AM.
    My small products here.

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

you are offcourse free to make an MOS submod.. if you want to use MOS stuff to make something for FROME for example.. you will need to ask.. because of the many creators and the fact MOS needs to remain kind of unique

Hehe you told me to look into your mod and now i see this not wise of you to tell a site moderator.
    Anyways no biggy either take permission first from the artists whose work you are using etc otherwise make your own.

And take permission from Ced also if you want i can talk to him for you he won't say no.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Hehe you told me to look into your mod
    Hey I'm not so a crawler lol I didn't ask specialy to a modo.
    (I know, you're jalous for I rep Spartan for he answered first. Ok, I'll rep you for you're cool )
    My 'modo' asking is here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=446020
    My small products here.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Some downloads are back, these all are mainly new recolored versions of Med2 or TA stuff.
    Last edited by Vifarc; May 16, 2011 at 04:16 AM.
    My small products here.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

it looks great man, but if i may say so whay you didn't remove the plated dude completly? it would be easier then tryiung to "unplate him"...

ok this is not quality picture (i made it in a hurry and whitout much care but this is what i had in mind:

Last edited by Minas Moth; May 15, 2011 at 02:54 PM.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    it looks great man
    Thanks, I'm a newby in it.
    What I've found difficult is the man(elf) on chair, as it is easily ridiculous. The sword on sun too, as I tried making it no orange nor pink.
    On the 5 icons plus the picture, I must have corrected them about total 150 times. I'm learning and I'm beggining to like coloring things.
    ((In my next Silvan campaign, I'll test your M.E.P. as my MOS has far less ctd with my new Gold Med2TW install'. Maybe I'll propose you other colours for your stuff, if I have any idea.))
    , why you didn't remove the plated dude completly? it would be easier then tryiung to "unplate him"...
    I wanted to keep the dude.
    I tried to put the man' face, reversed, on the helmet (to remove the full face protection), but I didn't succeed in well scaling the face in (then it would be easy to making it different than other face). (I draw badly)
    Last edited by Vifarc; May 15, 2011 at 07:51 PM.
    My small products here.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

My same small work, made for vanilia 3.1 (only Silvans again).
    See the pictures at first post.
    I didn't find necessary to make the greyed versions (however they should be easy to make): EDIT: That's even better without these greyed!
    Last edited by Vifarc; January 03, 2012 at 02:29 AM.
    My small products here.