Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: IB2 Conqvestvs Britanniae CTDS and bugs

Default IB2 Conqvestvs Britanniae CTDS and bugs

For IB2 Conqvestvs Britanniae CTDS and bugs to Report
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 28, 2011 at 01:31 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Default Re: IB2 Conqvestvs Britanniae CTDS and bugs

Ok, so I had this same problem with your previous IB2...whenever my units set up and throw a spiculum or Plumbata, the game CTD's...It does not do this with the javelin. Something to do with animations? I fixed it by giving everyone who has a primary plumbata/spiculum a javelin instead and that fixes it. Problem is that everytime you update the Export unit file, i will have to do that again. Any thoughts? Running windoes xp Nvidia gts 250 2 core Duo (intel)
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

personally I have never seen this. Did you save the error log? Anyone else?
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

I play the saxon campaign and can retrain my troops in folkstone. The problem: After retraining, i can retrain them again in the next round and retrain them again in the next round and so on. Am i doing something wrong or is it a bug?

ATN's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by megalitho View Post
    I play the saxon campaign and can retrain my troops in folkstone. The problem: After retraining, i can retrain them again in the next round and retrain them again in the next round and so on. Am i doing something wrong or is it a bug?
    Isn't that a bug from vanilla Kingdoms?

i cant fight any siege battles in custom i just get ctd when ever i choose a settlement level.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Anhelo View Post
    i cant fight any siege battles in custom i just get ctd when ever i choose a settlement level.
    I suspect this is the same issue as with other mods. If so, it's easy to avoid:

When choosing "Settlement type" choose Fort (note- it will change back to None). Then change the Faction culture- in each mod it's different I think. If you got the right one you will see that Settlement Type is back from None to Fort. That's it. Now you can change the Settlement type to whatever you want- Town, Castle, whatever, and continue.

I am writing from memory but it should be pretty much correct. There is better description somewhere on TWC...

Yes..this will hapen for custom seige battles. We will try and fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Yes..this will hapen for custom seige battles. We will try and fix it
    So it's not the usual problem, which features in other mods? Or it is but you can fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    So it's not the usual problem, which features in other mods? Or it is but you can fix it?
    I'm not sure if it happens in the other mods or if it can even be fixed...We will though look at it carefully and see what we can do

I'm not sure if it happens in the other mods or if it can even be fixed...We will though look at it carefully and see what we can do
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=254394

The solution for it in TATW. It works elsewhere too.

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=254394

The solution for it in TATW. It works elsewhere too.
    Great! will check it out

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Thanks for the report. This is a known error that we will look into.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

I got a bug playing as Dal Riata, when I try to attack another settlement (Assault.) I get a CTD.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    19:07:48.227 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    19:07:48.242 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    19:07:48.320 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    19:07:48.354 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    19:07:48.397 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    19:07:48.432 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    19:07:48.472 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    19:07:48.503 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    19:18:31.758 [system.rpt] [error] What a mess! Better check the log for errors.
    Closing shop now, better luck next time!

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxoman View Post
    I got a bug playing as Dal Riata, when I try to attack another settlement (Assault.) I get a CTD.
    19:07:48.242 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===

Does this happen only with particular settlements or when you attack any settlement?

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Firstly congratulations to all of the team for their efforts in releasing this mod. However having a spot of bother installing. I created a new folder called Conquestus Britanniae IB2, copied the Medieval 2 files into it and then began the installation by directing the installer to the Medieval 2 file inside. However after a lengthy install process, it tells me that it can't install because of an error with the African levy textures error 21FC?

I'll try again but first create a new folder and place the 3 download files inside so that they are in the same directory file not just my download file,before starting the installation procedure. I assume that's what you do so that the installer can find the other 2 files.

Also had trouble with Megaupload stopping me downloading on more than one occasion, so Filefront would be preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxoman View Post

Xoxoman, send me your saved game

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    Firstly congratulations to all of the team for their efforts in releasing this mod. However having a spot of bother installing. I created a new folder called Conquestus Britanniae IB2, copied the Medieval 2 files into it and then began the installation by directing the installer to the Medieval 2 file inside. However after a lengthy install process, it tells me that it can't install because of an error with the African levy textures error 21FC?

I'll try again but first create a new folder and place the 3 download files inside so that they are in the same directory file not just my download file,before starting the installation procedure. I assume that's what you do so that the installer can find the other 2 files.

Also had trouble with Megaupload stopping me downloading on more than one occasion, so Filefront would be preferred.
    Why did you create a new folder and copy folders inside? You only need your MTW2 Kingdoms game installed. The IB2 Britanniae installer then installs the mod within your MTW2 Kingdoms folder thus creating a mods/IB2 Britanniae folder and necessary files
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 29, 2011 at 02:46 PM.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Why did you create a new folder and copy folders inside? You only need your MTW2 Kingdoms game installed. The IB2 Britanniae installer then installs the mod within your MTW2 Kingdoms folder thus creating a mods/IB2 Britanniae folder and necessary files
    I always install my mods on a fresh set of files to prevent errors occurring to the main files, whether it's MTW2 Kingdoms or RTW. Had experience before of some mod files installing themselves into the main files and corrupting previously installed mods. Also makes certain of a clean install. The second installation of IB2 Conquestus Britannaie is working fine now

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    I always install my mods on a fresh set of files to prevent errors occurring to the main files, whether it's MTW2 Kingdoms or RTW. Had experience before of some mod files installing themselves into the main files and corrupting previously installed mods. Also makes certain of a clean install. The second installation of IB2 Conquestus Britannaie is working fine now
    Seems like a whole lotta work for nothing. Its mod folded and the installer can only install where its instructed..but glad its working

Hi Rio, tried siege in Custom Battles and unfortunately the issue can't be circumvented by the method I suggested above. As soon as you choose Fort there's CTD. Maybe it's not Fort but another settlement type that does the job. I didn't think of it yesterday to try trial and error with other types. I hope that at least my info gives you an idea for a solution.

Another thing I've noticed from the little time I managed to play is some of the faces are a bit "scary"- for the Barbaric factions. I haven't really noticed it from the screenshots here. Maybe I need to tweek my video specs.
    Last edited by Teutonic; April 30, 2011 at 07:10 AM.

Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast