View Poll Results: Are you interested in this type of mod?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, very much

102 62.20%
  • Yeah, a bit

32 19.51%
  • Nah, not really

14 8.54%
  • No, not at all

16 9.76%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ZenMod, 7/30 v4.5 updated for DLC PATCH, Darth & Mutant vers. available

Default Re: ZenMod (historical units), 5/3 v2.3 w/ UAI, 5/4 updated darthzen to v2 dms

How does your mode fare with Darths? Does it change the AI from it or sets Darths mod off balance?

Default Re: ZenMod (historical units), 5/3 v2.3 w/ UAI, 5/4 updated darthzen to v2 dms

There's a darthmod version out. Says so right on the front page. Try it out and see for yourself, it's fully compatible and doesn't alter any of his values except for land unit stats.

Also, if people who like this could rate it on the page you download it from I'd appreciate it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but why did you give Oda and Uesugi same stats for Yari Ashigaru and Uesugi and Mori for Yari Sohei and Chokosabe and Shimazu Yumi Samurai?

And why does the Mori clan have superior Sohei in global?

All clan specialty units have +1 attack/+1 defense/+1 morale (or +5 accuracy and +5 reload instead of atk/def if ranged) and lower cost and upkeep.

Mori have superior sohei because 1) it makes more sense historically then Uesugi and 2) that's how they were in STW1. Also, one clan needed to have superior spearmen to fill the last specialty slot and that makes much more sense for Uesugi than Mori (Uesugi fielded lots of spearmen).
    Last edited by General Malaise; May 07, 2011 at 03:34 PM.

AnimaMea's Avatar Miles

none of the names were changed, may have been because I left the darthmod.pack file in as well, I've removed it and all's faring well now, thanks

AnimaMea's Avatar Miles

Something else i've just noticed is that twice yumi ashigaru have almost beaten my yari/naginata samurai in melee on moderate difficulty...they had a slight height bonus, is that the cause?

Yumi Ashigaru only have 1 Attack, 4 Defense, and 2 Armor IIRC. So, yes, there were probably many other factors there that was behind that. Plus, you didn't mention what difficulty you were on, as on the higher ones the AI gets crazy bonuses.

_____

In any event, here's a preview of the changes for the 2.5 version after the patch gets released.

-Fixed Mori Yari Sohei lacking warcry ability
    -Fixed incorrect uniform entries for all Yari Sohei
    -Fixed AI recruiting Naginata Samurai from Sojutsu Dojo
    -Fixed Teppo Sohei lacking Rank Fire ability
    -Fixed rebel no-dachi and katana samurai icons
    -Renamed rebel no-dachi and katana samurai to Ronin and Zokuto (bandits/rebels)
    -Edited descriptions for above to match re-flavoring
    -Changed stats for ronin and zokuto to be comparable to others
    -Fixed Dojo Naginata Samurai stats, abilities, and uniform
    -Fixed incorrect battle entity entries for some naginata troops
    -Changed uniform and icon of Tokugawa Sogekihei to be more accurate
    -Added new Matchlock Pirate (Sanpei Wako) unit recruitable with a Pirate Fortress
    -Increased XP for imported teppo units trained at a Nanban Quarter
    -Adjusted garrison onna bushi stats to match other unit changes and gave pike wall/square
    -Raised Kerai and Oban campaign limit to 4 from 2.
    -Increased bow damage to 0.3 from 0.2, made flaming arrows have AP but lower velocity/reload (standard version only)
    -Fixed major bug with naginata troops not receiving sword-tech bonuses (general ancillaries still bugged however)

No, that isn't a banana

Looks good GM. I'm having a fun campaign as the Mori so far. This mod has a very well balanced feel to it - even more so with Josst's AI mod integrated into it. Good work!

Forget the pictures. I decided they suck
    Last edited by Seikales; May 10, 2011 at 03:05 AM.

Default Re: ZenMod (historical units), 5/9 v2.5 major update w/ dms hotfix added & new MutantMod version!

Released v2.5 for all versions, including new MutantMod version, as I'm going to be busy for a few weeks and many not have much time for this unfortunately. I have not tested with new patch yet however I can't imagine why it wouldn't work.

Here is a link to the new MutantMod version by Seikales:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3342

Here is the changelog of fixes for all versions:
    -Fixed Mori Yari Sohei lacking warcry ability
    -Fixed incorrect uniform entries for all Yari Sohei
    -Fixed AI recruiting Naginata Samurai from Sojutsu Dojo
    -Fixed Teppo Sohei lacking Rank Fire ability
    -Fixed rebel no-dachi and katana samurai icons
    -Renamed rebel no-dachi and katana samurai to Ronin and Zokuto (bandits/rebels)
    -Edited descriptions for above to match re-flavoring
    -Changed stats for ronin and zokuto to be comparable to others
    -Fixed Dojo Naginata Samurai stats, abilities, and uniform
    -Fixed incorrect battle entity entries for some naginata troops
    -Changed uniform and icon of Tokugawa Sogekihei to be more accurate
    -Added new Matchlock Pirate (Sanpei Wako) unit recruitable with a Pirate Fortress
    -Increased XP for imported teppo units trained at a Nanban Quarter
    -Adjusted garrison onna bushi stats to match other unit changes and gave pike wall/square
    -Raised Kerai and Oban campaign limit to 4 from 2.
    -Increased bow damage to 0.3 from 0.2, made flaming arrows have AP but lower velocity/reload (standard version only)
    -Fixed major bug with naginata troops not receiving sword-tech bonuses (general ancillaries still bugged however)
    Note: Due to change on Juukihei to correct error listed above, their anti-cav bonus no longer shows in stats, though still should be present
    Last edited by General Malaise; May 09, 2011 at 04:40 PM.

Default Re: ZenMod (historical units), 5/9 v2.5 major update w/ dms hotfix added & new MutantMod version!

I've just tried this updated version, with the 1.2 patch and the lastest darth mod 2.05 + compatibility, but it's not working, gives a CTD. Anyone else?

Importante to say, it works only with darth mod and the toons all in one mod
    Last edited by Severloh; May 09, 2011 at 06:07 PM.

Default Re: ZenMod (historical units), 5/9 v2.5 major update w/ dms hotfix added & new MutantMod version! PATCH FIX

I tried re-uploading a version for all of them quick, as it looks like Radious found out what the problem was. Had to remove some building effect features, but oh well. Should work now.

Default Re: ZenMod (historical units), 5/9 v2.5 major update w/ dms hotfix added & new MutantMod version! PATCH FIX

Ok, I'll give you an answer in a minute!

Working as a swiss clock so far mate, it's pretty interesting but just one thing... I'm playing with the Tokugawa and I'm fighting the Oda. So far, they've only trained Yari Samurai, nothing else. Is that intentional? I thought ashigaru were much more common at the time

anyway, it's great fun, I'm actually losing battles!

Quote Originally Posted by Severloh View Post
    Working as a swiss clock so far mate, it's pretty interesting but just one thing... I'm playing with the Tokugawa and I'm fighting the Oda. So far, they've only trained Yari Samurai, nothing else. Is that intentional?
    They are *only* training Yari Samurai period or only training Yari Samurai over Yari Ashigaru? The former sounds off to me, I've never seen that happen and I don't think the patch should be screwing with that. Are you using an old savegame?

If it's the latter it could be again the difficulty. The AI gets a large boost so it might have so much starting cash it's not bothering with Ashigaru. Weird I'm getting reports of this now though, since earlier I was getting complaints that the AI spammed Yumi Ashigaru. Are you still playing and is the AI still only building Yari Samurai?

I thought ashigaru were much more common at the time

anyway, it's great fun, I'm actually losing battles!
    Yes they were. For the mod though, the recruitment table is adjusted a bit now for the AI to prefer samurai, which is unhistorical but makes battles more challenging. Ashigaru in my mod do however have considerably more men in their units compared to samurai (240/200 to 160/120 on huge) but yes, it's still not about the 90% to 10% ration it would have been in history.

S2Realism is like that if that's your thing. Samurai units are tiny and all armies are made up of mostly ashigaru units. For my part, I'm interested in history to the extent it provides a foundation for balance, tactics, and gameplay primarily and for atmosphere secondarily, and not for its own sake. I'm not really trying to be hardcore about the history just try to give vanilla less of a flagrantly ahistorical look and feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikales View Post
    Forget the pictures. I decided they suck
    That's too bad, I kind of liked them.
    Last edited by General Malaise; May 10, 2011 at 11:21 AM.

I thought I would post the below screenshots of my campaign I wrapped up a few days back (pre-patch) to demonstrate how much more possible it is to win via diplomatic and economic means in my mod as compared to vanilla. The below campaign was played on Hard with the Mutant Mod version. As you'll notice, all remaining clans are either allies or vassals, and have at least friendly rating. This was many years after I become Shogun and many more still after RD.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Feel free to post your shogunates too, just state what version and difficulty it was. Rep to anyone who beats it on Legendary using Mutant Zen or Darth Zen Mod versions.
    Last edited by General Malaise; May 10, 2011 at 05:06 PM.

Hey Malaise,

What file did you change to avoid the CTD with the new patch? I must have missed it.

And I think we should bring the archers to the Mutant level. I seriously enjoy the Mutant Zen with my archer settings. Give it a try

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

I'd be more interested in this mod if it also wasn't a realism stats mod. I would prefer to just have the units.

Using the Zen/DM hybrid, I've noticed that ships no longer have DM's movement speed. Is this intentional?

Also, the AI seems to be recruiting a whole lot of Yari Ashigaru and no Naginata Ashigaru.

EDIT: One last question, are Naginata Samurai now affected by ancillaries that add to Sword Infantry dmg or Naginata Infantry dmg? Neither? Either? Both?
    Last edited by Jarric; May 11, 2011 at 10:10 AM.

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

Yes, I am thinking that the ships need to be faster, too. Japan is about as long as California, and it shouldn't take you two years to sail from one end to the other
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos