View Poll Results: Are you interested in this type of mod?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, very much

102 62.20%
  • Yeah, a bit

32 19.51%
  • Nah, not really

14 8.54%
  • No, not at all

16 9.76%
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ZenMod, 7/30 v4.5 updated for DLC PATCH, Darth & Mutant vers. available

Default ZenMod, 7/30 v4.5 updated for DLC PATCH, Darth & Mutant vers. available

7/30 v4.5
    (remove all old patches when using new version)

-Fixed generals having incorrect dismounted battle entity (obsoletes patch)
    -Fixed some ikko units not being recruited to having wrong unit tags (obsoletes patch)
    -Updated darthmod content to v2.7
    -Corrected error with DLC patch causing game to crash at start
    -Renamed DLC units to have japanese names

BE SURE TO REMOVE THE MOD BEFORE PLAYING AVATAR MULTIPLAYER.

Full Basic Release: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3298 (not be used with darthmod or mutant mod versions below; all versions include integrated UAI mod)

Mutant Mod version: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3342 (includes combined versions of both mods)
    -For MutantMod by Seikales info see here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=444928

Darthmod version: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3306 (includes combined versions of both mods)
    -For Darthmod by DARTH VADER info see here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=437591)

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DOWNLOAD DARTH OR MUTANT MOD SEPARATELY IF YOU USE THOSE VERSIONS, THEY ARE INCLUDED IN THE PACK

NON-ENGLISH USERS DOWNLOAD THIS IN ADDITION HOWEVER: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=428999

Credits:
    Hedge Knight = UAI
    Swiss Halberdier = Yari Sohei, Kyuba Sohei, and Tokugawa Sogekihei models
    JFC = unit cards
    DARTH VADER =Darthmod content for Darth version
    Seikales = Mutantmod content for Mutant version

ZenMod is an overhaul which attempts to create a more historically accurate unit roster for both common and clan specialty units, as well as rebalance all units so that each has a distinct purpose, as was the case with the original Shogun. To install, drop the .pack into Shogun's data folder and the user.script into Shogun's %appdata% folder

This mod is not compatible with mods that alter:
    -Land battlefield gameplay mechanics
    -Units, whether altering stats or adding new ones
    -Unit card mods (one is already included, based off JFC's unit cards)

Mods that alter audio-visual aspects (if not editing uniforms db), or naval mechanics (if standard version) should be compatible.

Recommended campaign/battle difficulty: Hard
    Reccomended unit size: Large

CHANGELOG:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

-Adjusted battle variables so battles last longer and are thus more tactical/realistic
    -Upkeep increased marginally
    -Ashigaru should be less comparitively cost effective than in vanilla
    -Related to above, units slowed down in movement, infantry moreso than cavalry
    -Renamed units, ships, buildings, etc. to have japanese names
    -Removed all ahistorical units and added historical units that were not in game
    -Rearranged clan faction bonuses to be both more balanced and more historical
    -Gave each clan faction a new, unique "hero" unit (1 hero type only per faction)
    -Adjusted troop types/classes for, hopefully, better AI building and use
    -Adjusted experience upgrades for buildings (generally higher)
    -Rebalanced all unit stats so all units have a useful, distinct role (spear/defense, naginata/offense, etc.)
    -Related to above, more logical and 'realistic' statting, i.e. naginata and spearmen both same armor values
    -Increased garrison sizes slightly and adjusted to use new units
    -Added color-coded unit cards for all units (based off JFC's mod)
    -Boosted ashigaru unit sizes
    -Slightly improved guns and slightly downgraded archers
    -Added many abilities to units where appropriate, particularly new hero units
    -Slightly toned down anti-cav bonuses
    -Overhauled naval stats and abilities, more epic and balanced naval battles

UNIT ROSTERS:

-Common-
    Yari Ashigaru (long spear)
    Naginata Ashigaru*
    Yumi Ashigaru
    Teppo Ashigaru
    Yari Samurai (short spear)
    Naginata Samurai
    Yumi Samurai
    Teppo Samurai
    Keikihei Samurai (short spear)
    Juukihei Samurai* (naginata)
    Kyukihei Samurai (bow)
    Hokihei Samurai* (musket, dragoon)
    Yari Sohei (short spear)*
    Naginata Sohei
    Yumi Sohei
    Teppo Sohei*
    Oban* (long spear, shogun only)
    Kerai* (nodachi, garrison only)
    Kyuba Sohei* (horse archer-monk, req. mtn. hermitage)
    Kiba Sohei* (mounted monks, req. fortified monastery)
    Kaihei Wako* (bow/melee hybrid, req. pirate's lair)
    Sanpei Wako* (gun/melee hybrid, req. pirate fortress)

Bumaru* (shortspear peasant mob, req. barracks)
    Jizamurai* (pike-using kokujin mob, req. barracks)

-Clan-
    Chosokabe - Superior bowmen, Chosokabe Kyudosha* (bow hero)
    Date - Superior naginata troops, Date Kesshitai* (nodachi hero)
    Hattori - Kisho training for foot samurai/ashigaru, Hattori Iga-Mono* (ninja hero)
    Hojo - Superior siege and retainer/garrison units, Hojo Onna-Bugeisha* (naginata hero)
    Imagawa - Better melee for ranged units; Imagawa Shinobi* (bow ninja)
    Ikko Ikki - Larger unit numbers for foot sohei/ashigaru, Ikko Ikki Ikkito-Sen (bow cav sohei hero)
    Mori - Superior sohei, Mori Yamabushi* (naginata monk hero)
    Oda - Superior ashigaru, Oda Ashigaru-Gashira* (long spear hero)
    Shimazu - Superior foot samurai, Shimazu Kensei* (nodachi hero)
    Takeda - Superior mounted samurai, Takeda Uma-Mawari* (mounted long spear hero)
    Tokugawa - Superior gun troops and ships, Tokugawa Sogekihei* (musket sharpshooter hero)
    Uesugi - Superior spearmen, Uesugi Hatamoto-Kachi (short spear hero)
    *NEW UNIT

Note: Unit and building descriptions are not accurate anymore, trust only the information pop-up when you scroll over a unit or building until I edit descriptions at some later point.

PICS

UNITS (note: some pics taken before colors changed, see below for new uniform colors)

NEW COLORS/BANNERS

STATS

as of 5/15 v2.5, darth and mutant mod versions may differ

Recommended Compatible Mods:
    Last edited by General Malaise; July 30, 2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: released

Default Re: ZenMod (aka STW1)

sounds fun. i say go for it
    "Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living."

Honest opinion, it already feels bland too much the way the game is. So many clans fighting for supremacy, all after the same thing, all doing the same stuff. If you want to bring some interesting stuff, how about you make it so that every clan has different end goals or targets and tweak the game to the historical accuracy a bit more? I miss that thing about other Total War games here. Granted, Europe is much bigger a zone than Japan but it feels a bit odd when everyone is enemy and everyone is to be eliminated.

Otherwise, removing variety and making it blander won't go much. Good luck anyhow

I am tweaking the historical accuracy. That's half the point. Doing that means removing some units though (mostly the sword units). On the other hand, a few new ones will be added in. For example, I figured how to make long lancer units as well as a dragoon unit (fight w/ katana mounted, dismounts and shoots teppo). There will also be all new hero units replacing the generic old ones as well as new clan specialty units.

Actually, almost done with this. Should be releasing a beta for custom battles tomorrow or the day after and then the full campaign hopefully a few more days or so after that.

AnimaMea's Avatar Miles

Some of your new units sound excellent, will definately give it a go

Default Re: ZenMod (aka STW1), beta Release! 4/24

Add some screens more people will download.

nevermind....
    Last edited by xMurdurusx; April 25, 2011 at 04:48 AM.

This is just a custom battle version, so people can see and test the unit changes, I haven't implemented them into and fixed the campaign part yet.

Default Re: ZenMod (historical units), Full Release 4/26

Full Release: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3298

ZenMod is an overhaul which attempts to create a more historically accurate unit roster for both common and clan specialty units, as well as rebalance all units so that each has a distinct purpose, as was the case with the original Shogun. To install, simply drop into Shogun's date folder, no user script is required.

This mod is not compatible with mods that alter:
    -Land battlefield gameplay mechanics
    -Units, whether altering stats or adding new ones
    -Unit card mods (one is already included, based off JFC's unit cards)

Mods that alter campaign AI, audio-visual aspects, or naval mechanics should be compatible.

CHANGELOG:
    -Adjusted battle variables so battles last longer and are thus more tactical/realistic
    -Related to above, units slowed down in movement, infantry moreso than cavalry
    -Renamed units, ships, buildings, etc. to have japanese names
    -Removed all ahistorical units and added historical units that were not in game
    -Rearranged clan faction bonuses to be both more balanced and more historical
    -Gave each clan faction a new, unique "hero" unit (1 hero type only per faction)
    -Adjusted troop types/classes for, hopefully, better AI building and use
    -Adjusted experience upgrades for buildings (generally higher)
    -Rebalanced all unit stats so all units have a useful, distinct role (spear/defense, naginata/offense, etc.)
    -Related to above, more logical and 'realistic' statting, i.e. naginata and spearmen both same armor values
    -Increased garrison sizes slightly and adjusted to use new units
    -Added color-coded unit cards for all units (based off JFC's mod)
    -Slightly improved guns and slightly downgraded archers
    -Added many abilities to units where appropriate, particularly new hero units
    -Slightly toned down anti-cav bonuses

UNIT ROSTERS:
    -Common-
    Yari Ashigaru (long spear)
    Naginata Ashigaru*
    Yumi Ashigaru
    Teppo Ashigaru
    Yari Samurai (short spear)
    Naginata Samurai
    Yumi Samurai
    Teppo Samurai
    Keikihei Samurai (short spear)
    Juukihei Samurai* (naginata)
    Kyukihei Samurai (bow)
    Hokihei Samurai* (musket, dragoon)
    Yari Sohei (short spear)*
    Naginata Sohei
    Yumi Sohei
    Teppo Sohei
    Oban* (long spear, shogun only)
    Kerai* (nodachi, garrison only)

Hmmmm, if you say that the mod is historical than you can't have big long spears cause they didn't use them in Sengoku Japan.

Yes, they certainly did. They were called nagae-yari and carried by ashigaru and used much in the same way pikes in the "pike-and-shot" era going on concurrently in Europe were. If you're referring to on horse, the Oban unit has them to represent the preference of many cavalry for the jyumonji yari type "trident" spear.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    Hmmmm, if you say that the mod is historical than you can't have big long spears cause they didn't use them in Sengoku Japan.
    I think he means long relative to the others.

Ive done a couple of test battles with this mod and so far I must say doing a great job so far. Going to have a few battles with my brother as well to see what it is like against another player rather than just AI

I just want to state that SGG (Sweat, Guts and Glory) mod is compatible with this mod. I will try this mod as well.

I would like to ask you permission to use parts of your mod, if I like, in my Mutant Mod where I combine and mutate various mods. If you say 'yes', I will no doubt acknowledge it in my mod description.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagejc View Post
    I think he means long relative to the others.

Ive done a couple of test battles with this mod and so far I must say doing a great job so far. Going to have a few battles with my brother as well to see what it is like against another player rather than just AI
    Hm, not sure if it will work in MP. The mp database files weren't supported in PFM yet. Let me know if not, I think there's a way I could get it to work if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikales
    I just want to state that SGG (Sweat, Guts and Glory) mod is compatible with this mod. I will try this mod as well.

I would like to ask you permission to use parts of your mod, if I like, in my Mutant Mod where I combine and mutate various mods. If you say 'yes', I will no doubt acknowledge it in my mod description.

Have a nice day.
    Yeah, sure. Do whatever you want with it.

Malaise, this mod is pretty good. you have brough so many same old feeling from shogun 1 where unit were limited and play play their role importantly.
    For this quarlity of the mod have you ever think of recruit a team? , I gladly help you with this and I think it got potential.

for next version I think we might need to improve some aspects about trading with nanban and Christianity.Do you still remember the old feeling to Protugese from shogun 1?

and ofcourse , +REP for you matey!

cavalry is even more useless now that there are no sword units to run down. naginata troops should have very little cavary bonus or none at all to maintain the unit balance.

also date hero no daichi got no limit (at least in custom battles)

Quote Originally Posted by dudex View Post
    cavalry is even more useless now that there are no sword units to run down. naginata troops should have very little cavary bonus or none at all to maintain the unit balance.
    Cavalry is for flanking, baiting/luring, scouting, running down routers so they don't recover or escape, and taking out enemy ranged infantry. Rock-paper-scissor isn't the end-all-be-all of game balance and besides, cavalry was not a major part of Sengoku Jidai era warfare. That said, the heavier cavalry units actually can take out melee infantry if they get a decent charge.

also date hero no daichi got no limit (at least in custom battles)
    Hm, an oversight. Re-uploaded a version at the link in the OP that should have fixed that. I'm off for a day or two for now though. Until then, if anyone happens to be getting a bug with stand and fight, try this in the data folder: http://www.zshare.net/download/89449913d57fb8d6/

Encountered a problem. After removing the mod when I try to access custom battles the game crashes. Im assuming like in some other mods there are other files I need to delete as well not just the added mod content. Help would be appreciated.

-brother isn't back yet but will test MP when he is

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast