Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Myrth (NWN Persistent server)

Icon4 Dragon Myrth (NWN Persistent server)

As I've talked about in the Neverwinter Nights thread, my server Dragon Myrth is holding a promotional week. I thought it'd be best to create a new thread rather than continuing the talk in the general NwN thread.

I'll answer any questions you might have, either here, the Dragon Myrth Forums, or by PM's.
    I hope to see some of you guys there!

____
    Greetings everyone.

I'd like to invite you to visit the server Dragon Myrth. Here in week 17 (April 25 to May 1) we'll be holding a Promotional Week to encourage players to come visit. During the promotional week, new players will receive a small starter pack with a minor amount of gold, a select magic item, depending on your class and an Arena Token (which later can be turned in to a DM for gold, XP, special DME or even custom items)

The server have been worked on for almost a decade. I started out as a player back before the expansion-packs came out, and it was one of the more popular servers back then, to the point where you'd often wait for enough room to actually join the server. Eventually it was shut down due to lack of time from the host (Splief). I wandered the various servers available but failed to find a new place that felt like home, so I started to do my own recreation of the server, learning as I went along. About a year ago I was contacted by Splief, and given exclusive access to the original mod. The current mod is now a hybrid between the original mod, and new additions that have been made available since then.

Dragon Myrth

Dragon Myrth is set in an alternative version of the Lord of the Ring realm.
    This means that you’ll see familiar places, and might meet familiar faces, but the storyline is entirely separate from the books/movies. The server is heavily based on a Good vs Evil setup. Some certain usually neutral classes such as Bards and Druids have their own specific storyline.

Features

* Good/Evil Story-lines. As mentioned, the server revolves around the Good - Evil conflict. This means that there's long story-lines for both Good and Evil characters, that'll take you far around the world - an often cross path with people who might not see eye-to-eye with your endeavors.

* Conquerable Cities. The Good/Evil setup of the server means that many cities will be alignment-specific. Meaning, a good character would freely be able to enter Edoras, where an evil character would be attacked on sight. The opposite holds true if the same characters were to attempt to enter Dol Guldur. However, it is possible to assault an enemy settlement, and if successful in taking down all the defenders, the town will be taken for your alignment, and new guards of the proper alignment will spawn to defend the town.

* Custom XP Script. To help encourage players to group up and fight in a party, a custom XP script have been installed. This means that other than the normal Party Strength vs Enemy Strength xp gained, each enemy also gives a static XP depending on their level.

* Player Run Guild houses. Guild houses are available to the Good/Evil factions. These guilds are password protected and the only way to acquire the password is to hear it from another player. (Or overhear it when a player enters the guild). The guilds offer a place to rest freely, a guild shop, a Rivendell Fountain or Mordor Bloodbath and a Guild Storage Chest where players can share items with other members of the guild. The Storage is of course persistent and will save through a server reset.

* Rivendell Fountains and Mordor Bloodbaths. Through out your travels around the world, you'll come across Rivendell Fountain/Mordor Bloodbath Potions. These potions, if dropped in a well of the appropriate alignment, will enhance the well and all who afterwards uses the fountain will be blessed with the qualities of the potions that have been dropped in it. One can also chose to drop the potion in a well of the opposite alignment. The well will then be poisoned, and lose all of it's properties until new potions have been used to restore them.
    The wells also offer bonuses/penalties based on the players age. More info here can be read in the Players Guide listed at the bottom of this post.

* Arena. In Tharbad players can find the grand Arena. Here players can test there skills against each other, and sometimes grand tournaments will be arranged here. Any death in the Arena comes with no penalty when respawning.

* Player owned houses. For the wealthy players, it's possible to buy their own house, complete with resting area and persistent storage.

* Much much more.

Rest and Death Penalties
    For level 1-2 characters there are no penalties, except that they cannot rest in urban areas.
    Once a character reaches level 3, the following penalties apply:
    * Rest
    Resting can be done anywhere outside of urban areas. Rest will require one item of food and one item of drink. These items can be bought in most inns or general stores, or they can be crafted. Resting can be done once pr 3 hours In-Game. Another option is to buy a room at an Inn. In these Inn rooms, players can rest freely without needing food/drink, or without a time restriction.
    * Death
    If a character us unlucky enough to get killed after having reached level 3, they have a few options available.
    Players can choose to respawn, at the cost of 7% of their current XP. Players will then be returned to the nearest healing station.
    Players can also opt simply to wait 48 real-time hours without respawning, after which they will be restored to life at the location of their death, without receiving any penalty.
    Finally, players can hope a Cleric is nearby to raise them from death.

Spells & Feat LimitationsResurrect / Raise dead can only be cast by clerics.
    Heal/Harm work with a 10 hit-point pr caster level.
    Time Stop disabled.
    Devastating Critical disabled.

Server information
    Server name : Dragon Myrth
    Module name : Middle_Earth_v4
    Server IP address : 90.184.116.70:5121
    Version: NwN, SOU, HOTU 1.69 + CEP 2.3
    Forum: http://forum.blue-field.dk/

Make sure you also read the Player Guide!

Last edited by PerXX; June 15, 2011 at 09:17 PM.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Dragon Myrth (NWN Persistent server)

Cool.

Sounds awesome! i'll for sure hop in the server when it starts then!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I took a short look around recently and plan to log in if I see someone there.

Resting/death rules seem rather tough to me, it might discourage exploration and choosing any class that relies on resting for either magic or special abilities that have limited uses each day. Rogues and Fighters are the only classes that don't rely on resting.

Bree looks nice, the enviroment has the right amount of detail. The tavern was a bit disappointing though, only female patrons and they all wear pants which is rather unusual for a LOTR setting. There was also a guard outside with a very magical looking sword. Yep, I am one of those people that pays close attention to the little details.

i actually like the penalties, the hardcore roleplay, something amia lacks
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Resting/death rules seem rather tough to me, it might discourage exploration and choosing any class that relies on resting for either magic or special abilities that have limited uses each day. Rogues and Fighters are the only classes that don't rely on resting.
    Well death should be something one should try to avoid
    Unless your normal aproach is to rest between every encounter, then the resting system shouldn't be too much of a haggle. You just need to watch your spells. The Inn system also encourages players to visit the inns, meaning that players have a natural place to meet each other.

detail. The tavern was a bit disappointing though, only female patrons and they all wear pants which is rather unusual for a LOTR setting.
    Heh, well. If lack of dresses are enough to put you off, then perhaps the server isn't quite detailed enough for you.

Right well I officially end school this coming wednesday so prepare for my coming

heh, those little details arent off putting to me, it was just a suggestion for improvement, to increase the immersion. I really do like how theres quite some people walking around Bree whereas pretty much every town in other modules are ghost towns.

Personly I am that kind of guy that would even give each guard a different face in a town unless they would wear helmets.

Is Dragon Myrth compatible with 2.4?

heh, those little details arent off putting to me, it was just a suggestion for improvement, to increase the immersion. I really do like how theres quite some people walking around Bree whereas pretty much every town in other modules are ghost towns.

Personly I am that kind of guy that would even give each guard a different face in a town unless they would wear helmets.
    Do you build, or just play? There might be a builders job for you, if you take a liking to the server

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ravenous View Post
    Is Dragon Myrth compatible with 2.4?
    I'm guessing you mean the CEP? It shouldn't be a problem as far as I know. As long as you have at least the same version as the server (2.3).

Yeah I just installed 2.3 and then installed 2.4 over that so all the files should be there.

Yeah I just installed 2.3 and then installed 2.4 over that so all the files should be there.
    You can log in and give it a try then

Right.

I also build yes, in the past I designed some areas for other servers. Twice a house for one of my characters and once a set of areas with creatures made for leveling. They had to be tweaked by the owner though to offer the right challenge. Its pretty much just visuals that I can do. Area transitions and making chairs useable is the full extent of my scripting abilities.

If you need a builder, I can do that. My knowledge of Lord of the Rings doesnt go further than the movies though.

The PrW have now started. Drop by, we'd love you see you guys there!

I also build yes, in the past I designed some areas for other servers. Twice a house for one of my characters and once a set of areas with creatures made for leveling. They had to be tweaked by the owner though to offer the right challenge. Its pretty much just visuals that I can do. Area transitions and making chairs useable is the full extent of my scripting abilities.

If you need a builder, I can do that. My knowledge of Lord of the Rings doesnt go further than the movies though.
    We can always use talented staff. You don't need particular LOTR knowledge beyond the movies, since we don't follow the book/movie storylines, but you would need knowledge of the server and the areas you'd work, for obvious reasons.

I'm going to start today!

Once my computer is purged I will get right on it. Had to reinstall everything about a month ago after a hardware update but lacked a decent anti-virus program. I figured they installed one but it was just something that could locate them and tell me what it is and how many, and asked me to pay for a license to get rid of it.

It might take a week or two since theres few moments I have time to drop off my computer at the store when its open, could be two weeks since next saturday is a holiday.

Well I started and I have to say I'm liking it a lot, however there are some things that annoy me.

Once my computer is purged I will get right on it. Had to reinstall everything about a month ago after a hardware update but lacked a decent anti-virus program. I figured they installed one but it was just something that could locate them and tell me what it is and how many, and asked me to pay for a license to get rid of it.

It might take a week or two since theres few moments I have time to drop off my computer at the store when its open, could be two weeks since next saturday is a holiday.
    Oh dear, sounds like one of those Rogue Antivirus-programs. They don't actually do anything, but just claim to find a lot of serious problems in the hope of scaring people into buying their products.

If you haven't already dropped your computer off, then I'd suggest trying to download Malwarebyte's Antimalware. It's been seriously useful for me in situations like that.

For free antivirusprograms, I'd go with AVG or Avast!

Well I started and I have to say I'm liking it a lot, however there are some things that annoy me.
    Yeah, I saw you there in the beginning. I'm glad you're having fun. If you have any suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the Suggestions sub-forum.

Well it seems really nice if your level 5-8 but as a level one or two invincible chickens were killing me. Not only that but because of that to go anywhere it forces you into a party, I mean I love team play but not all the time and certainly not because I have to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast