Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuck with Dishonourable Coward..

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Icon9 Stuck with Dishonourable Coward..

For some reason my game CTDs every 2-3 online games, I'm stuck with the Dishonourable Coward Trait because of it and its ruining my online reputation. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Evan

Default Re: Stuck with Dishonourable Coward..

Must be your gear. Update your drivers. I even read about someone who had to flash his motherboard.
    Do you get some kind of 'signal' before the CTD (for example the gameflow gets choppy)?
    Old pond...
    a frog leaps in
    water's sound

Quote Originally Posted by buttski View Post
    Must be your gear. Update your drivers. I even read about someone who had to flash his motherboard.
    Do you get some kind of 'signal' before the CTD (for example the gameflow gets choppy)?
    It often happens the moment I press the start battle button, but in game also. I do not get choppy gameflow.

Evan

Update your drivers, especially the graphiccard driver.
    Do it step by step. Update, play and check if it works. If it did, good. If not, take the next step.
    Old pond...
    a frog leaps in
    water's sound

nightwar's Avatar Ducenarius

I too have it and both my pc's shogun will ctd every other game. Now ppl see my trait and accuse me of alt f4....

fumle's Avatar Civis
    Denmark, the little black spot in europe...

I sometimes lose connection with steam, i dunno what happens for the other player but I hope he gets a victory.
    the weird thing is that i can easy use steam online (I check 1-2sec after the message appear).
    My internet connection is with a ethernet cable, and is pretty good 4mb or something, all drivers are updated.
    I guess some of us are stuck with some leaved games, and dishonor.
    "Quantity has a quality all its own" Joseph Vissarionovitj Stalin.

What is this? An alt-f4'rs reunion thread? Welcome home brothers! I was falsely accused of alt-f4'ing too! My connection was 'interrupted' after I got my ass handed to me. Dishonorable coward my ass!
    seppuku would be a lot easier with a lightsaber

nightwar's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Foultrajik View Post
    What is this? An alt-f4'rs reunion thread? Welcome home brothers! I was falsely accused of alt-f4'ing too! My connection was 'interrupted' after I got my ass handed to me. Dishonorable coward my ass!
    wtf are on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Foultrajik View Post
    Congratulations you have just won the douchbag of the day award. Leave the thread to collect your prize
    Im also stuck with this trait, sucks badly

My laptop crashed today during a game (was a sound driver problem), and when I started the game again I had this trait... WTF!?!? This totally sucks ass, I have played ~160 Battles, won ~140 of them, and always admitted defeat honorably. Yeah, it's my fault when my laptop crashes, and although I was winning I deserved the loss, but wtf is with the trait? How to get rid of it? It also happens to me that my steam crashes, but THIS is not my fault.

I think the games should be hosted on CA's servers, so that all quitters get a loss to 100%. THIS would be an effective measure, as well as being able to save replays after the enemy ragequitted. Instead CA implemented this ridiculous trait, and now people get falsely accused.

KushHaze's Avatar Foederatus

Yeah I really hope they fix it soon, I got it from conceding a match to a friend of mine in a naval battle and now I cant get rid of it no matter how many games I play and I rarely ever get disconnected from steam so I dunno Im stuck with it I guess.
    Dawn of War and Total War need to have a baby and call it....ready.....DAWN OF TOTAL WAR......I know awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Evan MF View Post
    For some reason my game CTDs every 2-3 online games, I'm stuck with the Dishonourable Coward Trait because of it and its ruining my online reputation. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Evan
    I have long maintained that the dishonorable coward trait does not result from anything in the game, but rather is a deep evaluation of you as a person.

I've managed to play about 4 games in a row without crashing and yet...I still have the trait!!? Is it glued to me forever now?

Evan

GeNoM's Avatar Foederatus

Well i just stopped caring about it, I never quit once and took all my losses like a man,still I do have this trait since the first week. After the patch it sometimes disappears for a battle or two but i can always be sure that it will come back. Sure its anoying but since i cant do anything about it I stopped caring...

Quote Originally Posted by KushHaze View Post
    Yeah I really hope they fix it soon, I got it from conceding a match to a friend of mine in a naval battle and now I cant get rid of it no matter how many games I play and I rarely ever get disconnected from steam so I dunno Im stuck with it I guess.
    I got mine after conceding as well, which was over 25 matches ago. I know it doesn't actually do anything ingame but it is slightly annoying that it's there and doesn't seem to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Oda View Post
    My laptop crashed today during a game (was a sound driver problem), and when I started the game again I had this trait... WTF!?!? This totally sucks ass, I have played ~160 Battles, won ~140 of them, and always admitted defeat honorably. Yeah, it's my fault when my laptop crashes, and although I was winning I deserved the loss, but wtf is with the trait? How to get rid of it? It also happens to me that my steam crashes, but THIS is not my fault.

I think the games should be hosted on CA's servers, so that all quitters get a loss to 100%. THIS would be an effective measure, as well as being able to save replays after the enemy ragequitted. Instead CA implemented this ridiculous trait, and now people get falsely accused.
    Are you in a clan called Team Liquid or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Carswell View Post
    Are you in a clan called Team Liquid or something?
    Yep, Oda from TeamLiquid.net.

Quote Originally Posted by fumle View Post
    I sometimes lose connection with steam, i dunno what happens for the other player but I hope he gets a victory.
    the weird thing is that i can easy use steam online (I check 1-2sec after the message appear).
    My internet connection is with a ethernet cable, and is pretty good 4mb or something, all drivers are updated.
    I guess some of us are stuck with some leaved games, and dishonor.
    i to have had this. in game i lose Steam connection but when i check my steam account is still up and running. I had the trait for a day or so but it went and hasn't returned since the steam fail.

Secret agent's Avatar Foederatus

Same here,just got it after a strange battle where someone left and my general was killed.
    Input signature here

Well I lost my dishonourable coward tag now, too bad it took a reset of ALL my stats AND a drop of 6500 places on the ladder... and this after a win.

Now I'm not a top player by any stretch of the imagination, but after having a really good day today (going 14-1 or something) and starting to nudge the top2000, this really blows. Hard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast