Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: V6 is uploaded (20.10.2011) !! +The Traditional Japan Music + Sound MOD*

Icon14 V6 is uploaded (20.10.2011) !! +The Traditional Japan Music + Sound MOD*

News: Version 6 has been uploaded

The Traditional Japan Music MOD
    (Compatible with all non-music mods, multiplayer and the new Rise of the Samurai DLC)

With this MOD I am attempting to give you the real "Samurai era" feeling, with as much immersion and realism I can possibly achieve. You will find no modern music, no synthesized stuff or western instruments like pianos, violins etc. I am sticking fully to traditional music instruments. The campaign music consists of very atmospheric Japanese songs featuring instrumental and vocal sounds of medieval Japan. Focus for battle music is on the Taiko drums, so expect a few drum tracks there. Why Taiko ? Because I love them and because they represent the historical Japan perfectly. A brief thing about the Taiko drum: In feudal Japan, Taiko drums were indeed used in the military. They would be carried around by multiple people throughout the battlefield and would be played to intimidate the opposing army, keep a marching rhythm and to call out basic orders from leaders. The Taiko drums were also important in religious ceremonies, and they are used in that way today as well.

The music and sounds I chose is of course always a very personal choice, limited by resources, but I tried to give you a good insight and variety of music (sounds) that you could expect to hear in those times. I do hope you like the MOD and that it makes you indeed feel like you are back in feudal Japan !

• Not all Jeff van Dyk stuff has been replaced (only about 99,9% )- after all most of the released tracks are great, but are too synthetic and untraditional mostly (imho) and I got so many traditional music files by now that cry out to be heard. Too bad most are of a horrible sound quality and could not be used.
    • Tracks include artists like :Takahashi Chikuzan, Wadaiko Matsuriza, Tokyo Gakuso and many unknown performing Japanese Folk music. You will hear some rare tracks of Shomyo (Buddhist chanting), Gagaku-kangen (orchestral court music), Min'yō and Okinawan folk music, Sankyoku (chamber music since edo period), Nagauta (songs from kabuki), Joruri (music & songs of bunraku), Gagaku, Nogaku (court music & ancient chants), Taiko and more. If you search e.g. Youtube for traditional music of Japan you will find tons of live recordings, most of which are private sources.
    • All tracks have been remixed, remastered and all are either recorded via TV, leeched from videochannels or from private sources. No CD´s were copied, I did not use full tracks etc. so I guess I did not touch any copyrights. If you think otherwise, I appologize.
    • Added about 40 new formation sounds. The game used tindrum sounds for formation orders, since thats pure fiction - I replaced them with real japanese drill instructors voices/shouts and more Jinkai (conch shell used like a trumpet/horn) sounds. Now it sounds much more real, immersive and atmospheric in battles. A small change but really nice.
    • On the musical side you will hear instruments like: Biwa, Shamisen, Fue (flutes, especially Shakuhachi), Koto, Kane, Kakko, kokyū, Niko, Sanshin, Shime-daiko and the Taiko drum etc. Some of you might have to tune their ears to hear the beauty of it, but check it out
    • If you more interested in Japanese instruments please check out the fabled wiki :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Japan

The brief history of the sounds used in this traditional Music and Sound Mod
    Every culture has used drums, horns, or other audible signals to announce the call to battle, to set marching pace, and for a number of other basic commands. Before the age of radios, telephones, and computers, this was more or less the only way to issue orders to a large group of people.

Taiko are large Japanese drums which, in addition to their military applications, are very common elements in rituals and matsuri (festivals). In war, taiko would be used to rouse the troops, calling them to battle, as well as to summon allies onto the field, to set marching pace, and to encourage troops as they approached victory.

Jinkai were conch shells used as trumpets or horns, to issue orders across the battlefield. A complex system of conch calls came into use by the height of the Sengoku period. Many yamabushi were renowned for their skill with a conch, and were hired into feudal armies as kai yaku, or trumpeters.

Taiko (drum) sounds :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-VKx...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTV7R...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thQ1V...eature=related

The Taiko is of Chinese origin and was brought to Japan between the Yayoi period (500 BC - 300 AD) via the Korean peninsula. Along with the martial use of the Taiko drums, they also held a strong foundation in the court style music called Gagaku.

In feudal Japan, taiko were often used to motivate troops, to help set a marching pace, and to call out orders or announcements. Approaching or entering a battle, the taiko yaku (drummer) was responsible for setting the marching pace, usually with six paces per beat of the drum (beat-2-3-4-5-6, beat-2-3-4-5-6).
    According to one of the historical chronicles (the Gunji Yoshu), nine sets of five beats would summon an ally to battle, while nine sets of three beats, sped up three or four times is the call to advance and pursue an enemy.

Jinkai (trumpet/horn) sounds :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGcj5...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d483hmueNE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ApvU...eature=related

The conch shell, blown as a trumpet, served a number of purposes in Japanese history. It is called jinkai (horagai), or a number of other names in Japanese depending on its function.
    The conch is perhaps most associated with its use by Buddhist monks for religious purposes. Its use goes back at least 1,000 years, and it is still used today for some rituals, such as the omizutori (water drawing) portion of the Shuni-e rites at the Tōdai-ji in Nara.Each Shugendo schools have his own conch schell melodies which can be recognised by every Yamabushi...

Unlike most shell trumpets from other parts of the world which produce only one pitch, the Japanese hora or horagai can produce three or five different notes. The process of transforming a shell into an instrument is kept somewhat secret, but it involves the attachment of a bronze or wooden mouthpiece to the apex of the shell's spire. At freezing temperatures (often encountered in the mountainous regions of Japan) the player's lips freeze to the metal surface, so some players prefer wooden or bamboo mouthpieces.

In war, the shell, called jinkai, or 'war shell', was used as a signaling trumpet. A large conch would be used and fitted with a bronze (or wooden) mouthpiece. It would be held in an openwork basket and blown with a different combination of "notes" to signal troops to attack, withdraw, or change strategies, in the same way a bugle or flugelhorn was used in the west. The trumpeter was called a kai yaku. The jinkai served a similar function to drums and bells in signaling troop formations, setting a rhythm for marching, providing something of a heroic accompaniment to encourage the troops and confusing the enemy by inferring that the troop numbers were large enough to require such trumpeters. Many daimyo (feudal lords) enlisted yamabushi to serve as kai yaku, due to their experience with the instrument.

Source: http://dictionary.sensagent.com/mili...pan/en-en/#top

CLICK HERE for a promotional video for the ULTIMATE VERSION (V5) by Angus Young

This is a fantastic video, featuring the traditional music from the ULTIMATE VERSION mixed with some awesome screenshots. This video was made by angus young
    Thanks my friend !

CLICK HERE for a battle scenes video of THE ULTIMATE VERSION (Version 5)

This was recorded while playing the ULTIMATE VERSION (Version 5)
    using DARTH MOD (from Darth Vader)and AUM (from Swiss Halberdier)

CLICK HERE for a small video of the new formation sounds added in Version 4

This was recorded with music switched OFF so you can hear the new sound samples - this is still the "old" Version 4 - not the RELOADED

CLICK HERE for a brief preview of the Traditional Music MOD - Version 4

This was recorded while playing and shows a brief selection of some tracks.

Using DarthMod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1746 and http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=435960 and http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=443297

CLICK HERE for my FAVORITE FIND VIDEO

I stumbled across this video while working on the MOD. This is a great find and I love it, only too bad that it is of such poor sound quality. Yet I couldnt resist to "use" it somehow, I know those guys would not care. After all Samurais did have some sense of humour, I think ...

CLICK HERE for History/Changelog

Version 6

On 20th of October "Version 6 " is uploaded

• Formation sounds have been remixed/remastered
    • The music tracks are a selection of my favorite songs used in the previous versions as well as many new tracks. I tried to create the best atmosphere for the "Rise of the Samurai" DLC (which I find a great addon)
    • Works great with "Rise of the Samurai" DLC, with which it has been playtested
    • Filesize is bigger now 398.64 MB

Version 5

On 29th of May "Version 5 ULTIMATE" is uploaded

• Formation sounds have been remixed/remastered and now include more Jinkai (horn) sounds. If you played RELOADED version you will know what I mean
    • All music tracks are new, this time I put in a few more vocals (campaign) - more drums, all new (battle)
    • You get things like :Sankyoku (chamber music since edo period), Nagauta (songs from kabuki), Joruri (music & songs of bunraku), Gagaku, Nogaku (court music & ancient chants) etc.
    • File is Patch *.pack type so there should not be any problems. It has been extensively playtested in singleplayer, multiplayer and with the new Ikko-Ikii DLC
    • Filesize is bigger now 425.98 MB, thats why I chose the name ULTIMATE

Version 4

On 18th of May "Version 4 RELOADED" is uploaded

• Formation sounds have been remixed/remastered and now include more horn sounds. They will be used in Version 5 too.
    • Same music as Version 4
    • File changed to Patch *.pack type, those having had problems with the "normal" Version 4 should be fine with the RELOADED Version 4
    • All the above give this Version its name : RELOADED

On 3rd of May the new "Version 4" is uploaded, its even better and much smaller in file size ! I managed to save more then 70mb. Now its "only" 285 mb.

• Some tracks rearranged
    • Added new tracks
    • Removed formation sounds and replaced them with real japan drill instructors sounds. Most probably wont notice, but its really cool. I left a few horn sounds as they were indeed used at that time, but the tindrum formations ... thats fiction sorry, so replaced. The change will be hard to notice at first, the sounds blend in great. Prick your ears when you in battle !

Version 3

On 28th of April 2011 the new version was finished and uploaded . All I can say its hot, great fun and has been extensively playtested by me and some friends. I can say it is so much better then the previous versions.

• New tracks added
    • Remastered

Version 2

• Added new tracks

Version 1

• Testing mode

Credits :

Darth Vader for his feedback, advice, help and ofc his great mod which can be found here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1746
    Brigadier Graham for inspiring me to make a music mod at all, his mod can be found here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389044
    angus young for his support and effort in promoting this mod
    Lord Maximus for his great PFM tool http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=433370

Current Version :

Version 6

In progress :

Babysitting

DOWNLOADS
    :
    Please keep in mind that all versions feature different music tracks, but might not work with the current official patch versions

>>> Version 6 398 .64 MB

http://www.multiupload.com/5W4OD34U00

Please leave a comment on how you like this version. Thank you and enjoy !
    + REP if you like it !

>>> Version 5 ULTIMATE 425.98 MB
    "Version 5 ULTIMATE"

+ REP if you like it !

>>> Version 4 RELOADED 292.74 MB
    "Version 4 RELOADED"

or use the gamefront link :

+ REP if you like it !

If you only want to use the formation sounds of this mod, you can now download them here : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=441896 they are now included with the great atmospheric mod of pisoiasul

INSTALL
    :

-Delete all previous versions (TwosocksXX.packs )
    -Just copy the new TwosocksXX.pack into your data folder(\STEAM\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data)

Troubleshooting:

In some rare cases people encountered problems with this mod. Please keep in mind that music mods are not compatible to each other. If you use a mod package with some other music mod inside you will have to remove that first. Check the specific mod thread for details.

Please do the following :
    - delete all mods (dont forget to delete the user script, which is usually the problem for this - C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\total war
    shogun 2\scripts
    - verify game integrity with steam
    - restart your PC
    - then just copy the twosocks04.pack into your data folder

- should work 100%
    - you can now install other mods
    again (not other music mods though)

Please give me some feedback, criticism etc. Leave a comment !

Enjoy !Enjoy !Enjoy !

Last edited by Twosocks; December 27, 2011 at 05:12 AM. Reason: New Release

Default Re: New+Twosocks Music Mod+

RESERVED
    Last edited by Twosocks; May 27, 2011 at 03:50 PM.

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Wait a bit people and myself have to play a campaign with it first! Feedback will come....
    Thank you for your mod by the way

Syntax

Hey, I just noticed this mod today, and gave it a try.
    First, I'm so glad there is no Last Samurai music, those don't fit the time frame of this game in my opinion.

I really like your choice of music for this mod.
    I already played this game for over 150 hours, so I kind of wish I can play with a whole new set of music.
    Is it possible to change every music in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind View Post
    Hey, I just noticed this mod today, and gave it a try.
    First, I'm so glad there is no Last Samurai music, those don't fit the time frame of this game in my opinion.

I really like your choice of music for this mod.
    I already played this game for over 150 hours, so I kind of wish I can play with a whole new set of music.
    Is it possible to change every music in the game?

Yes it is possible but that would be like to try and make everything better .. I preferred to add to the "atmosphere" - not to replace it completlely. But I guess I will keep pushing as I already have some "new" ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax View Post
    Wait a bit people and myself have to play a campaign with it first! Feedback will come....
    Thank you for your mod by the way

Syntax
    Cheers m8 - I am sorry if I pressed for any reply ..

I like the music in this mod quite much.
    Some suggestions though, I found that you put a new version of "Sakura" tune in the mod. But it is played during summer in the campaign.
    Is it possible to make it play during spring in campaign, because Sakura is associated with spring.
    Another suggestion is that, the music volume is not unified, as some music are too loud. Is it possible to make them in the same volume?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    well done old chap, will give this a whirl sir.! +rep

This is made because of you and I guess for you m8

Quote Originally Posted by Wind View Post
    I like the music in this mod quite much.
    Some suggestions though, I found that you put a new version of "Sakura" tune in the mod. But it is played during summer in the campaign.
    Is it possible to make it play during spring in campaign, because Sakura is associated with spring.
    Another suggestion is that, the music volume is not unified, as some music are too loud. Is it possible to make them in the same volume?
    Thanks.
    In 1555 the upcoming Shogun Twosocks declared that Sakura will no longer be associated with spring, as his favorite palace-cat died last summer. But I will see what I can do

Yeah I noticed that the peak of some tunes are different, I will check that out definetly. Thank you.

Civis

Hi, my feedback: good if the mod, except for the tinny voice of the woman / distorted sounds.
    Can you improve or change?

mfg

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Wow, 275 MB, anyways, downloading now, thanks for your work already.

If it is what you describe, pure traditional and keeps vanilla music and its atmosphere, then it'll stay in my data folder
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Next version with some slight changes inc. soon

Patrician Artifex

I just gave it a go loading a campaign for short, and did a custom battle test.

The music change is great so far and supports a by me desired flavour, thanks a lot.

Please don't ever add modern music styles, keep it traditional and in the best case japanese medieval music if you can find some without copyright issues.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Can you chose some more subtle music for the campaign?
    There was one that is kinda noisy for campaign.

By the way, I really like the new title screen music, keep up the good work
    Last edited by Wind; April 22, 2011 at 12:33 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Yes, what he says.

Playtested more, and i find the tunes could be more balanced and sensible chosen.

If you ask me, slower and atmospheric sounds for the camp mode, and tempted ones only for the battle mode, there was one speedy (nearly pop sound) track in the camp mode, didn't like it, because not matching the game atmosphere.

While the initial "intro" drums sound is excellent as it is.

But it's clear that is a lot work to finetune musicfiles.

Version 2 is out, I changed the first post. Enjoy

bernhaland's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: New Version 2+Twosocks Music Mod+

Hi, i tried to DL, but winrar won't open it.
    It looks like the file is broken.
    Could u try to upload it again maybe?
    I want ROME 2

Default Re: New Version 2+Twosocks Music Mod+

Quote Originally Posted by bernhaland View Post
    Hi, i tried to DL, but winrar won't open it.
    It looks like the file is broken.
    Could u try to upload it again maybe?
    Its not supposed to be opened- just place it into your data folder. See the first post on how to install

bernhaland's Avatar Foederatus

Icon11 Re: New Version 2+Twosocks Music Mod+

Quote Originally Posted by Twosocks View Post
    Its not supposed to be opened- just place it into your data folder. See the first post on how to install
    oh of course!
    I actually knew that, it's just that most other people packs it into a winrar file.
    Sorry
    I want ROME 2

Default Re: Traditional Japans Music MOD byTwosocks M

Where can i download Brigadier Graham's music mod??

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast