Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: (WIP) MOS Expansion Project - Ancillary Overhaul

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: MOS Expansion Project !!!version 3.0 released!!! Eriador>Arnor

Thanks for putting that in a spoiler. No errors, just a lot of warnings and I don't know if any of those are problem causers.

Which building are you referring to? The Lodge or the Arrow Forge?

EDIT: cleaner "cannot be found" errors are okay but you should only be seeing those if you haven't started the game since you last ran cleaner. If you start the game, quit, then run cleaner and it still says "not found" then there's something mighty strange going on.
    Last edited by Withwnar; June 16, 2011 at 06:58 AM.

Khales's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Which building are you referring to? The Lodge or the Arrow Forge?
    Arrow Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    If you start the game, quit, then run cleaner and it still says "not found" then there's something mighty strange going on.
    No errors after restart.

I think i will reinstall TA and just start a new game. This campaign is just too strange.

Thanks for your help!

No worries. A reinstall is all I can suggest anyway. If you're saying that the Arrow Forge appeared in Tharbad then something seriously wrong happened.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Hm regarding the problem with "execution"; it is related to interactive diplomacy script which has been found annoying by some players, the script is good but it does make some strange things to happen. we will take a look in to it and maybe change it ...

I´d rather prefer missions for the leader or heir to prove their authority or whatever has to be proven in that script.

It felt like Aragorn became the leader of the spanish inquisition

Quote Originally Posted by Khales View Post
    I´d rather prefer missions for the leader or heir to prove their authority or whatever has to be proven in that script.

It felt like Aragorn became the leader of the spanish inquisition
    true, we will adress that "problem" in future... either in MOS or in MOS Expansion Project, but it will be done...

this is interesting thing, to add missions for leaders and heirs, hm, good thinking +rep.

Yeah i am not so satisfied whith the current missions. I think they have a lot of potential, when it comes to rp-elements.

So i am studying the modworkshop forums atm. I thought of a combination of trade-resourses, ancillarys and missions. But i´m a total noob when it comes to modding. I dunno if i will be patient enough for this...

PLS. someone give me a good installation instruction all of the MOS because i haven't any barrack event in the game. :/

Quote Originally Posted by kurtmeyer105 View Post
    PLS. someone give me a good installation instruction all of the MOS because i haven't any barrack event in the game. :/
    well just click on mine link in signature or on my account name... those instructions are sufficient (maybeeven to detailed for some people) so you shouldn't have any problems. you just have to follow them to the letter, no cutting corners etc...

also, be aware that if you are using vista or windows 7 you might have to turn the UAC off (search the web on how to do that).

I turned off the write protection...but also there are write protected...:// how to switched off? in the computer

Just curious, why is it, that while playing the Silvan elves (has also happened with Gondor), has Mordor used Mumakils against me? It's really quite annoying, not to mention inconsistent with lore.

That's the "Strong Mordor" submod I think, or one of Fred Putz's ones at least. Nothing to do with this MOS Expansion Project. Have a look at the MOS OP.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser_Soze View Post
    Just curious, why is it, that while playing the Silvan elves (has also happened with Gondor), has Mordor used Mumakils against me? It's really quite annoying, not to mention inconsistent with lore.
    as W said it is Fred Putz's submod... ass it goes to yours inconsitent with the lore statement, i would suggest you look at the Return of the King book and you'll see that MOrdor had Haradrims as well as Mumakils in it's army. In book and movies wicked men weren't separate factions, they all fought under the Mordor and gave their units to MOrdor armies.... it's in this TATW mod where they are represented as separate factions... please don't (in the future) say something is inconsitent with the lore when it in fact is... no hard feelings, i just felt the need to educate you...

also i would like to use this oportunity to ask good people of this forum to state their opinions what would they like to see done in this MOS Expansion project? please, give yur opinions and back them up with lore or some good gameplay/balance reasons and debate about them. it will help us toi create better end result,

thank you

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    state their opinions what would they like to see done in this MOS Expansion project? please, give yur opinions and back them up with lore or some good gameplay/balance reasons and debate about them
    . I already play a MOS campaign (Turn 220 for now). What prevent me from cancelling it and play M.E.P. is the changed unit names. Lore reason: Tolkien wrote LOTR in english, not elf. But the elf names could be included in the descriptions.

. I still want a dualwield heavy ranger silvan unit. Using the Palantir 5.1 unit stats, this unit should be:

numbering only 36 fighters, morale 15, attack1:Longbow:13(range 200), attack2:longSword&longDagger:15(attacking with long dagger too)(charge:5), Defence:15=6(good light mail)+9(dagger parry)+0

Instead of heavy, the dual ranger could wear leather (armor 4 instead of 6), hide everywhere, use a short bow (range 150 instead of 200) and short sword & normal dagger (attack 13 instead of 15, skill 8 instead of 9). So, lighter ranger would be Defense 12 instead of 15. I think smaller weapons help in hiding.
    With becoming 'heavy', these rangers loose 'hide everywhere' skill from their lighter units: I think heavy rangers (medium infantry) would only be called when we miss heavy archers units, but they should be an option.
    Normal Ranger could be an elite version of Woodland Sentinel, but to be able to hide everywhere they have to lose Stakes skill, have a smaller bow, and be less numerous.

Woodland Sentinel -> Ranger (-> Heavy Ranger)
    Last edited by Vifarc; June 29, 2011 at 10:06 AM.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

What prevent me from cancelling it and play M.E.P. is the changed unit names. Lore reason: Tolkien wrote LOTR in english, not elf. But the elf names could be included in the descriptions.
    Really? i thought that elf names were actually good and that they added some sort of better "go with the lore feeling"but, since aou aren't the first to mention that same thing i think i have maybe overdone it with that, didn't i? so, i'll change those names back to english (as good professor meant them to be)... however they might be slightly different from original names, but they will be in english nontheless... thnx for pointing that ou V, i really appreciate good suggestions...

on the ranger units:
    with the implementation of units from FRoME i have faced one major difficulty: balance. The FRoME has diversification between Lorien and Mirkwood units, which in MOS are units of a single faction... SE, should have the best archers/rangers in the game, but making the difference between lorien and mirkwood units (altough i can see a valid point there) was something i didn't want to tackle because of ballance... a˛i was afraid that i wouldn't balance things right and that would ruin the game, so i just took the stats from original MOS and added them to new units with some small exceptions (some units and abilities). in the light of that, i think i won't touch HE or SE roster again, theese projects have been done and are working in satisfatory way. i understand that diversification regarding stats would be great but i'm not willing to risk it, at least not right now, maybe some time in the future...

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    Really? i thought that elf names were actually good and that they added some sort of better "go with the lore feeling"
    They are, but understanding easily the game is better. Elf names will add lore feeling if you put them in descriptions (and descriptions are mainly here for the lore feeling).
    i have maybe overdone it with that, didn't i? so, i'll change those names back to english (as good professor meant them to be)... however they might be slightly different from original names, but they will be in english nontheless...
    Change the names if you feel it's needed: There will be no problem if the understanding is easy.

on the ranger units: i have faced one major difficulty: balance.
    I know. I just put here my wish, as you ask for (About balance, that's why I proposed Rangers would be only 36 fighters in a unit, instead of 48 (bodyguards are 30): It should decrease the unbalancing if any.)
    Last edited by Vifarc; June 25, 2011 at 10:34 AM.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

so many nice sub mods here,i hope KK will add some to the new edition
    +rep
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

i would like to see a M1A2 Abrahams

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    i would like to see a M1A2 Abrahams

well, if you know someone who has made working model of Abrams tank and is willing to give you the files, i'll be more then happy to put it in game... but, whose unit should it be? Dwarves? Isengard? Elves? hm, isengard or dwarves would be best. elves could have Long Tom howitzers or something like that

Well, most of all I would like to have the additional regions submod be included in MOS5.2 and MEP.
    I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.