Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 251

Thread: (WIP) MOS Expansion Project - Ancillary Overhaul

  1. #61
    Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    2,185

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    it will be in definately
    nnniiiiccceeeeee!!!!

  2. #62

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Ok gotta say i love having the extra units for the sylvan elves but here is the problem
    WHERE ARE THE SKIRMISHING SPEAR THROWERS?... and why can axemen do schiltrom?
    i've played frome, i've played this.. and to be honest not having the skirmishers from frome included in your set up for the silvan elves in this submod is depressing, it means once more the elves don't have an anti mumak power to use, and to be honest quite a few of the units can fufil the same roles. i'd gladly trade the forest wardens for someone who could throw a few spears and skirmish a bit. besides who does'nt want a strong elven shield wall with spear throwers behind that, and then elven archers behind that... ultimate defence =3

  3. #63
    Minas Moth's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,338

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyman View Post
    Ok gotta say i love having the extra units for the sylvan elves but here is the problem
    WHERE ARE THE SKIRMISHING SPEAR THROWERS?... and why can axemen do schiltrom?
    i've played frome, i've played this.. and to be honest not having the skirmishers from frome included in your set up for the silvan elves in this submod is depressing, it means once more the elves don't have an anti mumak power to use, and to be honest quite a few of the units can fufil the same roles. i'd gladly trade the forest wardens for someone who could throw a few spears and skirmish a bit. besides who does'nt want a strong elven shield wall with spear throwers behind that, and then elven archers behind that... ultimate defence =3
    noted and taken in consideration... maybe sometime in the future they will be included, but this is meant not to be like FRoME, in vanilla you don't have javelin throwing elves...

  4. #64
    Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,157

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyman View Post
    WHERE ARE THE SKIRMISHING SPEAR THROWERS?... i've played frome, i've played this.. and to be honest not having the skirmishers from frome included in your set up for the silvan elves in this submod is depressing
    So it's this submod's responsibility to add FROME-like units?

  5. #65
    Minas Moth's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,338

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    So it's this submod's responsibility to add FROME-like units?
    not sure what you mean Wi have indeed included units from FRoMe but not to just add them for themselves. i added them to show difference between lorien and mirkwood... it would be nonsence to add all of them, i and H think we should keep MOS different from FRoME

  6. #66
    Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,157

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    i and H think we should keep MOS different from FRoME
    I agree. This is not FROME... FROME is FROME. I was questioning Stabbyman's reasoning that your submod should be including FROME units.

  7. #67
    Minas Moth's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,338

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    I agree. This is not FROME... FROME is FROME. I was questioning Stabbyman's reasoning that your submod should be including FROME units.
    apsolutley true, if he want's that he should play FRoME... hahaha +rep W, as soon as i can

  8. #68

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    apsolutley true, if he want's that he should play FRoME... hahaha +rep W, as soon as i can
    I'm making a point of asking where the skirmishers are because they are what makes the silvan elves and the elves of lorien so different in frome! as it stands the tactics of an army focused on mirkwood or lorien with the set up you have would be much the same, form a spear wall, shoot them full of holes.
    the skirmisher focus that mirkwood had in frome made playing with them very different to playing with lorien.
    I'm just asking for one unit of throw spear and run away guys here not the entirety of frome. If your including this many units that are taken from frome, admitedly one or two have had stat nerfing, then you may as well take a couple of the units that really give the thing flavour.
    And yes there are no spear lobbing elves in vanila, i do know this but. Its pretty reasonable to assume that the elves would have after millenia of war with orcs and trolls thought to have some sort of unit thats perfect for murdering things with a thick hide... hmm what could that be i wonder? Its pretty logical to think that given the low population of elves in the 3rd age they would use stategies that don't put they're lives unecessarily at risk, and thus logically that they would try to have the means to effectively deal with most foes as quickly as they could.

    I'm trying to make a logical point here, hopefully it won't be met with the same small minded derision as before.
    hey perhaps you could make the elven rangers the token ap unit, lower the ammo, up the acuracy set the strength of the shots stupidly high?

  9. #69
    Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,157

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyman View Post
    I'm making a point of asking where the skirmishers are...
    And I was only making the point that you're saying it as though this submod is the one that should be bringing in the FROME units you want. Why not ask this same question in any other submod that adds units to the mod?

    MM did not make this for the sake of importing FROME units, he wrote it to add diversity; it just so happens that one or two FROME units are part of that.

  10. #70

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Thanks Minas Moth for the great sub mod. One question, if we delete event.dat and event.idx to fix orcish elven sound will that impact anything else? Like lost sound for events or something? Please explain..thanks a bunch.

  11. #71
    Minas Moth's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,338

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    MM did not make this for the sake of importing FROME units, he wrote it to add diversity; it just so happens that one or two FROME units are part of that.
    well, i did add more than two units actually, but that was for the sake of diversity. i think that FRoME's trademark are the silvan(mirkwood) javelin throwers and i didn't want to use them here exactly for that reason. i have taken much of their work as it is.

    @Stabbyman
    so if you want javelin throwing elves play FRoME and stop bugging about this in my submod thread, ok? make your own submod if you want to use them that much... and please don't use terms like smallminded and similar stuff when talking about someone else's work, it's easiest to criticise and do nothing about it yourself, isn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ale_san View Post
    Thanks Minas Moth for the great sub mod. One question, if we delete event.dat and event.idx to fix orcish elven sound will that impact anything else? Like lost sound for events or something? Please explain..thanks a bunch.
    thnx, Ale_san... well the fix was provided by Kaiser1993. i would sugggest you to make a backup of those files before you delete them and then delete them and see what happens... i have to say that this is MOS problem (that will be fixed soon hopefully) rather than my submod problem.

  12. #72
    PythonBoy's Avatar Foederatus
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lost in Sauron's Tower!! Help!!!!
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Hi Minas Moth. Love your elven mods and the different unit reskins! But, I've stumbled upon a slight problem. I'm not sure if it has to do with your submods or MOS. Basically my High Elven cities won't upgrade to huge once they reach 25000 population. Only Mithlond was able to. The other cities will reach 25000 population but no huge city walls appear in the construction menu. This means I can't build elven pikemen and heavy armored archers. It's very frustrating. Please help!

  13. #73

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Yes, it is from MOS 5.2 I believe, not your doing..anyway I save a backup and remove it, and it fixes the problem (can't stand clicking legolas and he yelled "orcs" in shrieking noise lol) but I'm scared of something else gone wrong when I delete it.

  14. #74
    Minas Moth's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,338

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Quote Originally Posted by PythonBoy View Post
    Hi Minas Moth. Love your elven mods and the different unit reskins! But, I've stumbled upon a slight problem. I'm not sure if it has to do with your submods or MOS. Basically my High Elven cities won't upgrade to huge once they reach 25000 population. Only Mithlond was able to. The other cities will reach 25000 population but no huge city walls appear in the construction menu. This means I can't build elven pikemen and heavy armored archers. It's very frustrating. Please help!
    wow, great that you reported that, i forgot about that... the Huge cities can't be build everywhere, and i put the code there for them and forgot to change it... i'm redoing it now, the new patchs 1.2 will contain the fix... unfortunatley it wont be save game compatible...

    EDIT: changed the entries and uploadded them as new patch (version 1.2)...
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 05, 2011 at 03:14 AM. Reason: change

  15. #75

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Btw Minas Moth I'm new to this forum, can u direct me to kaiser1993's thread about this fix so I can read it? Thank you

  16. #76

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Btw Minas Moth I'm new to this forum, can u direct me to kaiser1993's thread about this fix so I can read it? Thank you hope its not a bothering u too much.

  17. #77
    Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,157

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    No response in 8 minutes huh? Check the first post; I think that's what you're looking for (at the bottom).

  18. #78
    PythonBoy's Avatar Foederatus
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lost in Sauron's Tower!! Help!!!!
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    wow, great that you reported that, i forgot about that... the Huge cities can't be build everywhere, and i put the code there for them and forgot to change it... i'm redoing it now, the new patchs 1.2 will contain the fix... unfortunatley it wont be save game compatible...

    EDIT: changed the entries and uploadded them as new patch (version 1.2)...
    Np, Minas Moth. Top job making and uploading new patch! Downloading now! Cheers mate.

  19. #79
    PythonBoy's Avatar Foederatus
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lost in Sauron's Tower!! Help!!!!
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Ok, Minas Moth, I just ran a quick game using cheats and I can only build huge stone walls in Mithlond. The other high elven cities only go to large stone walls. Is this right? This means elven pikemen and heavy armored archers can be built only in Mithlond?
    Last edited by PythonBoy; May 05, 2011 at 05:13 AM.

  20. #80
    Minas Moth's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,338

    Default Re: MOS Expansion Project

    Quote Originally Posted by PythonBoy View Post
    Ok, Minas Moth, I just ran a quick game using cheats and I can only build huge stone walls in Mithlond. The other high elven cities only go to large stone walls. Is this right? This means elven pikemen and heavy armored archers can be built only in Mithlond?
    for now yes, i will do some changes this weekend, so a new 2.0 version will be out... you caught me off guard in the morning so i did something i didn't plan. pikemen were suppossed to be trained only in huge cities; so i just have to change those armored archers entry, that's all... i'll do it tomorow...

    also i'm going to remove download link for patch 1.2... cheers guys

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •