Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: (WIP) MOS Expansion Project - Ancillary Overhaul

Default Re: MOS Expansion Project !!!version 4.0 done!!! New units for Gondor + other changes

Thanks for the update on 4.0 Minas Moth, looking forward to the next MOS ever more now. Must be getting close to dwarven rework time! ; )

beos777's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: MOS Expansion Project !!!version 4.0 done!!! New units for Gondor + other changes

minas, when u say that in the new patch u ll use the high elves units from ozzi, will u include the white mumakil also?

So this keeps ImprovinG again and again ... and it's going to be integrated with new MOS ... well, THANK YOU
    Last edited by Rora Lion; July 06, 2011 at 05:13 PM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by beos777 View Post
    minas, when u say that in the new patch u ll use the high elves units from ozzi, will u include the white mumakil also?
    no... i'm using only the foot-troops of the high elves... no white mumakils...

Quote Originally Posted by Rora Lion View Post
    So this keeps ImprovinG again and again ... and it's going to be integrated with new MOS ... well, THANK YOU
    you're welcome

beos777's Avatar Semisalis

ok thnx for answering...btw when will it be available?

MM, I think that it does not finish. Do you have a secret more?

Quote Originally Posted by beos777 View Post
    ok thnx for answering...btw when will it be available?
    when Hero of the West is done with the implementation in new MOS, and when he has time to do everything he wants...

Quote Originally Posted by Dyuriel View Post
    MM, I think that it does not finish. Do you have a secret more?
    no it doesn't, ofc i have secret but if i tell you then it's secret no more

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Default Re: MOS Expansion Project !!!version 3.1 released!!! Minor tweaks and changes

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    Here's a little sneak peak of what awaits those who will download MOS EP version 4.0...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

i hope you like them...
    No Clansmen? Damn.

That's flippin' cool though, I'm getting this one, it has the best of the units, cept you lack the clansmen.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Clansmen were...uh... questionable addition. Besides I wasnt happy with the way turned out either, something was missing there.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    Clansmen were...uh... questionable addition. Besides I wasnt happy with the way turned out either, something was missing there.

Okay, well they're your units, I guess you can do what you like with them.. I'll miss them, still Good selection in there anyway...
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Hi minas moth, I'm getting CTD after installing this mod.

First I got Kingdoms 1.5, clean install TATW 2.1, clean install MOS 5.2, at this point everything works. Then I merged your 3.0 and 3.2 patch with the TATW SP data folder. Ran the cleaner as admin, and tried launching again. The black window comes up, and a few seconds later it seems that the game is going to load, but during the loading screen it CTDs and I don't know why. I'm sure I followed your instructions(and the instructions for everything else obviously or MOS 5.2 wouldn't have worked). Can you help?

Also I cannot run the exe as admin because it gives me the "cannot find kingdoms.exe" error. But if I run normally, at least before I installed your submod, MOS 5.2 worked. Let me know if you need more information.

Default Help with MOS expansion project

I'm getting CTD after installing this mod.

First I got Kingdoms 1.5, clean install TATW 2.1, clean install MOS 5.2, at this point everything works. Then I merged the expansion project 3.0 and 3.2 patch with the TATW SP data folder. Ran the cleaner as admin, and tried launching again. The black window comes up, and a few seconds later it seems that the game is going to load, but during the loading screen it CTDs and I don't know why. I'm sure I followed the instructions(and the instructions for everything else obviously or MOS 5.2 wouldn't have worked). Can someone help?

Also I cannot run the exe as admin because it gives me the "cannot find kingdoms.exe" error. But if I run normally, at least before I installed this submod expansion, MOS 5.2 worked. Let me know if you need more information.

Default Re: Help with MOS expansion project

it runs fine with me..

maybe you should try after installing MOS 5.2 you merge the expansion 3.0, run cleaner.bat then play first, if it worked then you patched it to 3.2, run cleaner again and play, at least you can find out which file screwed you, the 3.0 or the 3.2
    Legolas : How do you kill 2 mumakil with 1 javelin?
    Gimli : I don't know, ask Mr. aimbot there, WTF HAX!
    Eomer :

Okay it was 3.0. The installation folder didn't have the cleaner.bat though. Maybe I need to disable UAC? But when prompted I told windows okay go ahead overwrite I give you permision... sigh maybe I'll just wait for 6.0, or better yet TA 3.0. I have my money on a July 22nd release date, it's the anniversary of TATW 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by GondorCaptain View Post
    Okay it was 3.0. The installation folder didn't have the cleaner.bat though. Maybe I need to disable UAC? But when prompted I told windows okay go ahead overwrite I give you permision... sigh maybe I'll just wait for 6.0, or better yet TA 3.0. I have my money on a July 22nd release date, it's the anniversary of TATW 2.0
    i've looked at your post prior to this one and if i'm not mistaken it said that you haven't played MOS 5.2 yet, why don't you give that a chance man, the expansion is good but only if you want to play high and silvan elves if not than it's basically the same, which is awesome.

you should try it, at least until TA 3.0 that you're so confident it's coming out this july 22nd (i hope so too but you probably jinxed it anyway ) i don't know maybe you're right, i'm also suspicious 'cause suddenly all of the big TA Moderators is halting their projects saying that their on "VACATION" at the same time all of a sudden, hint..hint
    Legolas : How do you kill 2 mumakil with 1 javelin?
    Gimli : I don't know, ask Mr. aimbot there, WTF HAX!
    Eomer :

Yeah of course, I just wanted the most complete TATW experience I can get at the moment, but definitely wouldn't mind playing just with MOS.

It sure adds a lot of neat options

And if 3.0 doesn't come out 22nd, I'll at least have this to keep me busy haha

Quote Originally Posted by GondorCaptain View Post
    Hi minas moth, I'm getting CTD after installing this mod.

First I got Kingdoms 1.5, clean install TATW 2.1, clean install MOS 5.2, at this point everything works. Then I merged your 3.0 and 3.2 patch with the TATW SP data folder. Ran the cleaner as admin, and tried launching again. The black window comes up, and a few seconds later it seems that the game is going to load, but during the loading screen it CTDs and I don't know why. I'm sure I followed your instructions(and the instructions for everything else obviously or MOS 5.2 wouldn't have worked). Can you help?

Also I cannot run the exe as admin because it gives me the "cannot find kingdoms.exe" error. But if I run normally, at least before I installed your submod, MOS 5.2 worked. Let me know if you need more information.
    hello there,

i persume that in medieval2/logs folder yopu have the crash log, and that the last 2 lines or so are something like this:
    1) something about inability ro find player.txt in preference files
    2) medieval2 encountered unspecified error and will now exit

this happened to me few times aftzer installing, here's what didi it for me:
    1. run cleaner.bat (something you already did)
    2. run Germanicu5's GBAISwitcher; it's VBScript Script file in your Third_Age_SP folder... when you run it it won't open any window or do something specila but it will do what it needs to do

then try to run the game and see if it works for you...

Laetus

Hello. Im not sure if this is a bug on my end or what but in my High Elves campaign the Fountain of Sun and Fountain of Moon buildings are not available in castles. Is this a bug? If not do you have any advice on how to add them to the castle tech tree.
    Last edited by Demagur; July 24, 2011 at 05:37 PM.

Really brilliant!!! Thanks for your good efforts!
    Just one question: When can we try New MOS or even just 4.0? I am so eager to see the new units and all the changes!!!
    Thanks, mate!!

This is an indeed great mod. Once the information for reforging the High Elves is made explicit and Moria can become a citadel (without the need to find a boosting-population general), it is almost perfect. I don't think that a Cambrian explosion of new units is a must. It rather risks to shift attention from strategy to further micromanegement of units only recruitable in certain regions. The issues to solve are of different nature. Almost each 10 turns there is a CTD during battles and, more frequently, colored strips appear during battles which allows to see the battlefield only from a few camera angles. There is also an issue with the campaign: after about 120 turns a good faction has to deal with one bad faction to destroy and it becomes just a series of turns which repeat each other: one little step, another little step and so on, with the allies which do nothing to help. There is no longer a decisive battle which can change the sort the campaign due to the amount of reinforcements from the evil faction. At that point the game loses its interest. At each (say) 50 turns there should some surprise event which can have impact on the campaign.