Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: (WIP) MOS Expansion Project - Ancillary Overhaul

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MOS Expansion Project !!!version 4.0 done!!! New units for Gondor + other changes

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    One does not simply walking into Minas Moths EP 4?
    no... unless he/she is deemed worthy... but such entity is yet to be encountered...

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: MOS Expansion Project !!!version 4.0 done!!! New units for Gondor + other changes

I pity the fool who are not such a entity!

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

pitty? it was pitty that stayed Bilbo's hand...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    but modder knows nothing of pitty...

Funny, but .....really miss 4.0

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    there are only few settlements in entire campaign map that can be upgraded to huge city... rivendell isn't one of them...

this will have to do for now; since H is still on vacation i really can't do much work whitout going thru it with him.. hopefully this and some other small things will be adressed before the release...
    It's no biggy. I made them recruitable a level earlier myself. I did notice however that they only take 1 turn to recruit (which is rare for elves) and have an upkeep of 260 with 150 men. (which is rather cheap for elves and a huge unit size)
    I think I'll look into making the best elven units recruitable in castles as wel. Who knows when the new MOS wil come out. I might as wel change a few things myself and learn some new things instead of waiting for someone else to do it.

RJA
    If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences
    William Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by RJA View Post
    It's no biggy. I made them recruitable a level earlier myself. I did notice however that they only take 1 turn to recruit (which is rare for elves) and have an upkeep of 260 with 150 men. (which is rather cheap for elves and a huge unit size)
    I think I'll look into making the best elven units recruitable in castles as wel. Who knows when the new MOS wil come out. I might as wel change a few things myself and learn some new things instead of waiting for someone else to do it.

RJA
    not to worry... all of that is actually changed in the MOS 6.0... with the implementation of RR/RC most of the units are well balanced now. altough it was hard for me to "guess" stats for some units since PB has pretty elaborate system of giving unit stats... and since i'm not PB some wierd stuff could be found in those files, but i did my bst to implement that to it's full...

the HE units were intentionally left out of castle recruitment. reasoning behind is that elves actually didn't live in castles. the other main reason is that in future MOS EP will adress victory conditions. by that i mean that there is no logic in holding 40 or 50 regions as He to achieve victory. instead it should be in helping other factions to survive and evil to be eradicated...

Khales's Avatar Ducenarius

the other main reason is that in future MOS EP will adress victory conditions. by that i mean that there is no logic in holding 40 or 50 regions as He to achieve victory. instead it should be in helping other factions to survive and evil to be eradicated...
    Amazing. This is a good decision!

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Love this work mate

major's Avatar Libertus

the other main reason is that in future MOS EP will adress victory conditions. by that i mean that there is no logic in holding 40 or 50 regions as He to achieve victory. instead it should be in helping other factions to survive and evil to be eradicated...
    In RC/RR 1.4.1 compilation victory conditions are focused on holding the key provinces for each faction plus destroying particular opponents. And I totally agree that is far better than conquering much of the Middle Earth.

Default Re: MOS Expansion Project - Work Resumed

the work has been resumed on this project. check the OP... also, the release isn't near. i'm only working on this stuff. i may even not release it as a separate submod, but that will depend on Hero of the West's preferences... cheers

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: MOS Expansion Project !!!version 3.1 released!!! Minor tweaks and changes

Quote Originally Posted by Drought View Post
    Hi,I already downloaded MOS 5.0 and try custom battle to see the new units from FROME but my sindar archers which is the generals bodyguard is still the old ones like in the vanilla?

I thought it would be like this

Am i just imagining or what? coz in the Unit Interface in the Custom battle looks like this. Or do i have to download 5.2 then install version 3.0 and patch to 3.1? Thanks!
    What mod is that unit from???

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213