Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: (WIP) MOS Expansion Project - Ancillary Overhaul

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Default (WIP) MOS Expansion Project - Ancillary Overhaul

DEAR MOS USERS

After some time of "absence" the MOS EP is back, with new stuff... and much, much more...

Here is something i've been working on for quite some time... hopefully, you will like it...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

High Elves Ancillaries
    Gwaith-i-Fingolfin
    by Hero of the West
    Desc: The House of Fingolfin is no more. There is no one left to claim lordship over the Elves that were once ruled by this noble house. But many of his people still remain in Middle Earth and fight on against forces of Sauron.
    DONE

Ringil
    by Maestro Ugo
    Desc: A sword of Fingolfin was lost when Morgoth defeated the Elven Lord. Its fate was unknown for many years. Now it has been found again. It is sharp but stains of Morgoth’s blood can’t be removed.
    DONE

Amath Fingolfin
    by Maestro Ugo
    Desc: The shield of Fingolfin was shattered during his battle with Morgoth. But still, several pieces of it managed to survive. Now they have been embedded in this shield to once again face armies of Morgoth’s servants.
    DONE

Fëanorrim
    by Hero of the West
    Desc: People of Fëanor are one of the most tragic ones in the entire history of Elves. They still bear scars from rebellion against Valars, killing other elves while leaving Valinor and many crimes committed fulfilling the oath of their Lord Fëanor and his sons. But they are also powerful and noble Elves who are sworn enemies of Morgoth and his creatures

Tengwar
    by Maestro Ugo
    Desc:This book contains Fëanor’s work on elvish alphabet. The tengwar was designed by Fëanor in Valinor, but the elves took this book with them when they left.
    DONE

Curufinwë

by Hero of the West
    Desc: Makers of the rings of power are long dead, but new fires burn in Eregion, and great crafts are being rediscovered.
    DONE

Noss-en-Finarfin
    by Hero of the West
    Desc: Finarfin was the only Elf lord that turned back when Mandos cursed Noldor after their crimes in Alqualondë. He was forgiven by the Valars and still rules his people in the city of Tirion in Aman . But some of his people did left for Middle Earth. Among them were some of the most powerful Elven lords and ladies.
    DONE

Tann Finarfin
    by Maestro Ugo
    Desc: Not all of Finarfin’s folk returned to Aman. They were ashamed of their participation in kin-slaying and at the same time held great love for Middle Earth that was created by Forces of Arda. As symbol of his love he gave them this banner to be their stronghold in times of need.
    DONE

Corf uin Finarfin
    by Hero of the West
    Desc: When departing with some of his people, Finarfin left this ring behind. It is beautiful but it doesn’t have any magical or other powers, however as it was blessed by Valars it inspires calm, and hope to its bearer.
    DONE

Noss-en-Mallos
    by Hero of the West
    Desc: House of Golden Flower was one of the seven houses of Gondolin. Some elves of this house managed to survive destruction of Gondolin. Carying great grief in their hearts they march against armies of Mordor.
    DONE

Magol uin Mallos
    by Maestro ugo
    Desc: This is a sword of the Guard of the House of the Golden Flower. Use it to strike fear in all creatures of Morgoth.
    DONE

Pess uin Thorondor
    by Maestro Ugo
    Desc: This feather was given to Turgon of Gondolin by Thorondor himself. It is symbol of friendship between eagles and its descendants.
    DONE

Falathrim
    by Maestro Ugo
    Desc: Members of this house belong to the Teler tribe. They are great seamen and experienced fighters. Some of them, like Lord Cirdan have lived in Middle-Earth since the beginning of the First Age.
    DONE

Sern uin Balar Criss
    by Maestro Ugo
    Desc: This beautiful pearls were Taken out from Gulf of Balar. They are the most prized of all the pearls in Middle-Earth.
    DONE

Tûr Falathrim
    by Maestro Ugo
    Desc: Falathrim is the name of the first sailors of Middle-Earth. They are known as the best sailors, and although their number is small, their skill is still great.
    DONE

Cirion
    by Hero of the West
    Desc: Elven sailors have the sharpest eye in all Midlle-Earth.
    DONE

Some of you maybe remember me already doing this stuff. well, it seems that only now a whole year (almost) later i matured enough (in modding sense) to be able to make it work as it should. this isn't the only thing that i will or already have done... some of the other changes are:

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=green]Other Changes[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

This other changes will mainly address more ancillaries and traits. You will notice that most of ancillaries are now changed to traits. there are several reasons for this:

1) Ancillaries have maximum number per character (that number is 8)
    2) Existing ancillaries can only be removed via script
    3) Traits are much better for they offer use of many levels and also can be used to give custom titles to characters

So with that covered let us move to the existing TATW 3.1 ancillaries:

Academic Advisor

Removed from ancs and added as a trait.
    DONE

Architect

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: petty builder > builder > architect > numenorean/dwarven/noldor/isengard mason (available for all, but named masons offer greater bonuses and are available only to those factions)
    DONE

Astrologer

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: star enthusiast > star observer > astrologer (reserved for Elves and Numenoreans)
    DONE

Inventor

Removed from ans > traits; levels: has ideas > good with hands > inventor (reserved for Dwarves and Isengard and Dunland*)
    DONE

Librarian

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: scriptor > librarian > custodian (reserved for Numenoreans, High Elves, Dwarves, Rhun, Isengard, Harad, Dunland*)
    DONE

Brilliant Scribe

Removed completely
    DONE

Tutor

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: teacher > tutor > mentor > master of the knowledge (available only for Numenoreans)
    DONE

Biographer

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: follower > bard > biographer (available only for all good factions + Harad, Rhun, Isengard, Dunland*)
    DONE

Judge

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: community judges > magistrate > judge (available for Numenoreans, Eriador, Rohan, Dale, Harad, Rhun, Dunland*, Isengard)
    DONE

Brilliant Fool

Removed completely
    DONE

Fool

Removed completely
    DONE

Harsh Judge

Removed completely
    DONE

Herald

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: announcer > speaker > herald (available only for DIPLOMATS; orc factions excluded: Orcs of the Misty Mountains & Orcs of Gundabad)
    DONE

Intrepid Explorer

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: traveler > explorer > legendary explorer (only for Harad, Rhun & Numenoreans)
    DONE

Mentor

Removed completely; merged with tutor
    DONE

Torturer

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: loves pain > information retrieval > torturer > master of pain (only for evil factions & Dunland*; side note: now has following effects:+3 Fear, +1 Authority, +1 to unrest (has a negative effect on public order), +3 to law (improves public order) , however, it will have more beneficial effects for evil factions (will actually increase happiness and public order)
    DONE

Fine Armour

Removed completley; will be faction specific

Ornamental Armour

Removed completely, will be faction specific

Actor

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: fool > singer > actor (not available for Orcs of the Misty Mountains & Orcs of Gundabad)
    DONE

Artist

Removed from ancss > traits; levels: painter > sculpturer > master (available for Numenoreans, Elves, Dwarves, Rhun, Harad, Dunland*)
    DONE

Bard

Removed completely; merged with biographer
    DONE

Musician

Removed completely
    DONE

Mother-in-Law

Changed to > Strong Wife (available for all "human" factions & Elves & Dwarves); will have positive instead of negative effects
    DONE

Line of Weakness

Changed to > Line of Weakness (available for "human" factions & Elves & Dwarves); will represent a weakness of character; negative effects; changed picture ofc
    DONE

Doctor Physician
    &
    Removed from ancs > traits; levels: physician > doctor > master healer (available for "good" factions & Harad, Rhun, Dunland) side note: will impact child-having ability & battle surgery; also "evil" factions will have equivalent trait levels: orc medicine > orc healer > shaman
    DONE

Explosives

Assassin only, changed to > Start a Fire (available for all)
    DONE

False Documents

Assassin & Spy, changed to > Forgeries (available for all, increases chance of success)
    DONE

False Relic

Assassin & Spy & Diplomat, changed to > Bribery (available for all, increases chance of success)
    DONE

Pagan
    Magician Magician Soothsayer
    & &
    Removed from ancs > traits; levels: mysterious wanderer > counselor > trusted counselor (available for all); also anti-trait levels: mysterious wanderer > liar > lathspell (available for all)
    DONE

Drillmaster

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: drill sergeant > logistic knowledge > drillmaster (available for all)
    DONE

Master Archer

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: archer tactics > relies on archers > master of archers (available for all)
    DONE

Stablemaster

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: horse tactics > relies on horses > master of horse (available for all BUT Orcs of the Misty Mountains, Orcs of Gundabad, Mordor, Isengard)
    DONE

Master Smith

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: blacksmith > weapon & armors > master smith (available for all)
    DONE
    These are now ancillaries:

noldor smith

dwarven smith

numenorean smith
    (Racial smiths; give larger bonuses, only one available per faction, using Adunaic, Sindarin and Khuzdul names; are unique for factions; requires Master Smith trait)

Mercenary Captain

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: mercenary sergeant > mercenary captain > general of mercenaries (available for all)
    DONE

Military Engineer

removed from ancs > traits; levels: ballista captain > catapult captain > engineer > siege engineer (available for all)
    DONE

Quartermaster

Removed completely; merged with drillmaster
    DONE

Reliable Runner Keen Scout
    &
    Removed from ancs > traits; levels: foot scouts > mounted scouts > master scout (available for all)
    DONE

Shieldbearer

Siege Engineer

Removed completely; merged with military engineer
    DONE

Swordbearer

Remains as ancillary but will be faction specific (as is for the Elves)
    DONE

Veteran Warrior

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: fought in battles > veteran of many campaigns > legendary warrior > hero (available to all)
    DONE

Master Mason

Removed from ancs > traits; merged with architect
    DONE

Mathematician Money Counter Overseer
    & &
    Removed from ancs > traits; levels: can count > gifted with taxes > overseer (available for all)
    DONE

Tax Farmer

Changed to trait
    DONE

Treasurer

Changed to trait
    DONE

Reliable Navigator

Changed to trait; levels: reliable navigator > quartermaster > sea wolf > expert navigator (available for all but Isengard, Mordor, orcs of the Misty Mountains & Orcs of Gundabad)
    DONE

Shipwright

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: likes the sea > boat builder > shipwright > teleri shipwright (available for all but Mordor, Orcs of the Misty Mountains, Orcs of the Gundabad, Isengard; side not: teleri shipwright available only for Elves)
    DONE

Black Stallion

Remains ancillary
    DONE

Guard Dog

Changed to trait
    DONE

Trusty Steed

Remains ancillary
    DONE

Bodyguard

Removed from ancs > traits; levels: bodyguard > company of bodyguards > host of bodyguards
    DONE

Foodtaster

Removed completely
    DONE

Rohirrgar

Will be made faction specific; now it is Rohan Spear
    DONE

Spymaster

Removed from ancs > trait; levels: uses spies > spy academy > master of the spies
    DONE

Adultress Outlander Adultress
    &
    Removed completely
    DONE

Dunland* - This will be applied accordingly
    Side Note: i will try to remake all of the vanilla pictures for ancillaries.

There is also entirely new building system i made.

will add text later (with some art i hope)

This submod is compatible only with MOS. It won't work with any other submods or vanilla TATW. you can download MOS here:

PERMISSIONS

I express my gratitude to all of members of this community that allowed me to use their great work to make this submod. They are King Kong, Shredder (all the original models for High Elves), Louis Lux (new textures that are used by units of the Moon), Dea Paladin (created Imladris pikemen and made alterations to Mithlond units), FRoME developing team, Ozzmosis for allowing to use his idea and Point Blank for allowing us to use RR/RC, Taro_M for his Gondor units and general help with models and textures, Razor for allowing to use his Modified Eldar Units v.3.1. submod.

Special thanks to Withwnar, Ngugi, Hero of the West...

!!! NOTICE !!!

This submod isn't free for use by anyone, in other words you don't have permission to use it for your own work. Why? Well it isn't because i'm a bastard, but because i have used all the work by people stated above and it wouldn't be fair to exploit their permissions by using my mod. The only way you can use it is to get all the permissions from the persons stated above and then pm me with evidence you have got them. In that case i will be more then glad to grant you permission.
    Last edited by Minas Moth; February 17, 2012 at 04:21 AM. Reason: editing OP

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Noldor on the March

Nice!

Pics?

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

OLD WORK

This has already been integrated with MOS. although present or future versions of it may not have all the content listed here. That is normal, as submods are always developing and many things are expelled, while many more are added.

Hello everyone! I present you my little submods which aim for diversification of High Elves and Silvan Elves roster. Many posts have stated that more units should be added to factions of Middle-Earth. Well, i do understand "hunger" for new units, but i think that some lines have to be drawn... Idea for this mods came to me after i read one post by Disgrunteled Goat about adding units to game. He said that things like balance, necessity, appearance and need for them must all be taken in consideration (this isn't qoute of his statement). I started thinking about adding units but not changing the game's balance and so i came up with this little submods.

MOS Expansion Project asks for your opinions, suggestions, criticism, wishes, offers and all other stuff that can improve this game... just go here and fire away!

MOS EP version 4.0

Dear members of this community, i'm glad to inform you that MOS EP v 4.0 is DONE; it's currently undergoing testing but so far everything works fine and there is actually no reason for not to work as intended. With that being said, i have to inform you that there will be NO DOWNLOAD LINK for version 4.0. It's going to be intergrated in new version of MOS so there is no reason (for me atleast) to release it separetly... i will however post readme.txt of the version 4.0 so you can all see the changes made. also, the MOS EP isn't going to "die" i'm continuing my work on it, but it will be much easier to start affresh whitout worrying about 200 Mb worth of data...

Code:
    Contents:
        1. Version History
        2. Changes
        3. Members
        4. Installation
        5. Dislcaimer

#################Version History#############
    Versions 1 - 3 added various unnits from Forgotten Realms of Middle-Earth submod (FRoME - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323812) to Silvan Elves
    Added units for High Elves using Ozzmossis's unit project, added two new buildings for High and Silvan Elves that are now responsible for area recruitment of their forces...
    Added Veterans building to Eriador after reemerging Arnor - enables retraining Eriador units after reemergence... (was done by Withwnar)
    Added Forest paths and historical roads (north-south road, westroad, greenway) from RR/RC made by Point Blank

#################Changes######################
    version 3.1 (released on 29. of June 2011.)
    Replaced Sidarin names of elven units with english ones (thnx to Vifarc for pointing that out), Sindarin names still visible in unit description
    Made buildings available for both castles and cities (saving building tree slots)
    Some other smaller changes

version 3.12 (released on 29. of June 2011.)
    added Ngugi's Tolkien's Quotes Submod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=9843151#post9843151)

version 4.0
    added new FRoME's units (Galadhrim Heavy Archer, Galadhrim Heavy Spearmen, Galadhrim Heavy Swordsmen)
    made slight alterations to recruitment system to better fit with this change(NOTE: Lorien regions can train both types of units for now, i will hopefully adress that issue in the future)
    Added Gondor units made by Taro_M:
    1) Wardens of the White Tower
    2) New Gondor foot bodyguards (Boromir's Bodyguards)
    3) Made Veterans of Osgiliath recuirtable in East&West Osgiliath
    4) Lossarnach units - Axeguards, Nobles & Riders
    5) Winged Swordsmen
    6) Minas Ithil Guards
    7) Master Ithilien rangers (Faramir's Bodyguards)
    8) Gondor Guardsmen & Yeomen & Scouts
    9) Minas Tirith Knights
    10) reworked Ithilien rangers (movie look)
    added Razor's modified Eldar units v.3.1. (released 19-2-2011; http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=261181)

and corrected name: Vifrac shoud be Vifarc; sorry mate :-)

#################Members#######################
    As of 29. of June 2011.
    Withwnar, Ngugi, Trailhog250, Taro_M, Hero of the West, Minas Moth

#################Installation##################
    This will work only with up to date version of MOS (Massive Overhaul Submod) - current up to date version is MOS 5.2

Download the file to your desktop > extract files to your desktop > right click > copy > go to your Third_Age_SP folder > right click > paste > if asked overwrite everything

#################Disclaimer####################
    You use this submod at your own risk, and as such neither it nor the members of this team can be held responsible for any damage/problems that can occur on your pc (computer machine). We do try to make it as bug proof as possible and aren't incorporating any malicious software (viruses, worms, malware...). However due to growing rate of the cyber-crime we can't guarantee that the files you download are indeed malware free, so always check files for malicious content... All the questions regarding this submod can be asked at it's thread: 
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=445106
    This is it for now,

cheers

Veterans of Eriador

General Info
    Playing Eriador was one of most demanding but at the same time probably the greatest campaign. However, when i reforged Arnor i suddenly became banckrupt and all of my veteran units were useless. I know that change is supossed to happen, but nothing changes over night, especially in ME. So we have designed this little submod that helps player to keep thier precious Eriador units, but still it encourages them to train and use Arnor ones... I won't go about it for long, here are some pics so take a look and try it out if you like it...

Pictures

This is first level of building...

Followed by second one...

Notice the change in upkeep!

Wrap up
    All in all this isn't "balance threating" modification... There should be no problems (it was tested) so you just have to enjoy...

Also, there has been some improvement on Elven roads (forestpaths) by Withwnar; he has managed to fit them better to MOS style of play...

For a detailed content of the version 3.0 (especially Eriador veterans) you should read this!

CREDITS

Withwnar - for executing my idea, thank you

Silvan Elves Rework

General Info
    You may know that FRoME has divided Silvan Elves in two factions: Lorien and Mirkwood. We at MOS Team have decided to retain vanilla concept (only Silvan Elves faction) but we try to bring you the best of two worlds. So in such attempt i created this submod that uses buildings instead of Hidden Resources to distinguish forces of Lorien and Mirkwood. This submod doesn't add new units or textures, it uses those made by FRoME developers (so all credits about them are theirs).

This submod uses two new building trees; Bair Eryn Lasgalen (Armouries of Mirkwood)

and Lórien Naid Ceredir (Armouries of Lorien).

Their purpose is to allow recruitment of units either from Lorien or Mirkwood. Building one of this buildings disables building of other ones. Also note that in Lorien regions and ALL Mirkwood regions buildings are present from the beggining of the game. They are indestructible and therfore once you build a building you can't destroy it and build the other one. I have coded this in a way that Mirkwwood armouries are present in entire Mirkwood; including all the rebel settlements + Dol Guldur. In all other settlements player will be able to decide which building he will build.

pics

here are some in game pics of buildings:

Units

Well i won't talk much about units, they are all visible on FRoME OP so you can look here. However i did made some changes.
    1) Light Elven Archers are now HE exclusive unit
    2) Their place is taken by Sentinels of Woodland realmand Lorien Archers
    3) 2nd tier archers are now Mirkwood Rangers and Lothlorien Rangers
    4) I have added Lorien Spearmen and Lorien Infantry
    5) For Mirkwood I added Woodland Warriors (spearmen are the same as in vanilla)
    6) Forest Wardens are recruitable in all cities (no matter which tree you build)
    7) this new unit system is available only in Cities (castles have original recruitment system)

pic

The unit names are changed also, however durže to some reactions of public, this sindarin names are added to unit descriptions while english names have been restored:

Unit names

Pilin-i-Lórien = Lorien Archers
    Thili-i-Lórien = Spearmen of Lorien
    Feryn-i-Lórien = Rangers of Lothlorien
    Tirith-i-Lórien = Lorien Infantry
    Hethil-i-Eryndyr = Woodland Warriors
    Feryn-i-Mothtawar = Mirkwood Rangers
    Pilin-i-Mothtawar = Sentinels of Woodland Realms
    Tirith-i-Tawarwaith = Elf Guard
    Galadhrim Pilin = Galadhrim Heavy Archers
    Tirith-i-Elenaran = Elvenkings Guard
    Pilin-i-Egladhrim = Sindar Archers
    Ecthil-i-Tawarwaith = Silvan Spearmen
    Padatoer = Forest Wardens
    Tawarwaith Long Ecthil = Silvan Heavy Spearmen
    Tawarwaith Long Megyr = Silvan Heavy Swordsmen
    Rychpilin = Silvan Horsearchers

SPECIAL CONTENT
    This submod also incorporates new "buildings" from Point Blank's RR/RC submod. These are Elven Paths and Forest Paths and lore correct historical roads of Middle-Earth: North-south Road, Westroad and Greenway...

CREDITS

Withwnar - for help and guidance
    Sidious - for building cards
    Hero of the West - for showing the wright way
    Point Blank - for help and tolerating my ignorance

Noldor on the March

General Info
    This submod adds two new building to High Elves:

Fountain of Sun

Fountain of Moon

They aren't just looking good, no, no... they have function and that function is recruitment of different units. This doesn't mean that Barracks and such builidngs are obsolete, it means that after buiding certain baracks level player will have a choice to build either of those fountains. Acording to his choice he will be able to train the units the fountain unlocks. Everything follows the game course (barracks events) and upgrades of the fountains enable progressive training of more powerrful units with time

Building Screenshots

Rivendell Building Browser

Units

There are NO NEW (actually there is one) units in this mod strictly speaking. My opinion is that High Elves are well balanced faction and adding any new unit (with some new weapons) wasn't option for me. Instead, medium and high tier units recieved texture overhaul. This overhaul was done by many people and with their good will i was allowed to use their work and combine it into this submod.

The units (old and new ones) all have recieved Sindarin names, complete guide to them is here (sindarin names are shown in unit description; english names restored):

Unit names

Hâl Pilin – Light elven archers
    Pilin-i-Golodhrim - Elven archers
    Hâl Maethyr – Light Infantry
    Pilin-i-Cýron – Eldar Archers of FoM
    Pilin-i-Amrún – Eldar Archers of FoS
    Naith-i-Cýron – Eldar Sperarmen of FoM
    Naith-i-Amrún – Eldar Speramen of FoS
    Tirith-i-Cýron – Eldar Guardians of FoM
    Tirith-i-Amrún – Eldar Guardians of FoS
    Megyr-i-Cýron – Eldar Swordsmen of FoM
    Megyr-i-Amrún - Eldar Swordsmen of FoS
    Maethyr uin Mithlond – Warriors of Mithlond
    Mírdain uin Eregion – Smits of Eregion
    Loborthili-i-Golodhrim – Eldar Lancers
    Cebir-i-Golodhrim – Imladris pikemen
    Erphin-i-Golodhrim – Elven Nobles

Screenshots of Units

This is a unit of Eldar spearmen of Moon, hope you like them!

And the Eldar Swordsmen of the Moon

Eldar Guardians of the Moon

And the Eldar Archers...

Buildings
    The fountains are easily built and aren't very expensive. The first fountain is intentionally more expensive but the upgrades are fast built and cheap. This is so because of the fact that player has to built barracks of apropriate level (city barracks and above) which are expensive and take some time to build.

DOWNLOAD

Download links no longer available. This submod is included in the Silvan Elves Rework so you can download that file from the download link there.

CREDITS

Withwnar - for assistance when it was most needed
    Sidious - for creating unit cards and fountains and texture rework
    Taro_M - for helping with textures
    Hero of the West - for showing some paths

Special thanks to Ozzmosis from whom i got the idea how new units should look like

Future changes

1. Dwarves diversification - waiting for permission from KK and then ask other needed permissions - In progress
    2. Implement even more parts of RR/RC - In progress
    3. Do some ancillary changes (another attempt to implement Elven houses ancs)- In progress
    4. Work on Eriador/Arnor - no new units; only code stuff - Done
    5. Something else that comes to my mind
    6. Fix any possible bugs and improve the submod as mush as possible
    7. Change building descriptions for elves and other races - barracks are done; !!!IF ANYONE WANT'S TO HELP WITH THIS PLEASE PM ME!!!

!!!This submod contains Noldor on the March submod, Silvan Elves Rework Submod, Veterans of the Eriador submod and Some RR/RC stuff!!!
    Last edited by Minas Moth; January 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM.

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Really Good Work.

Really nice... happy to see some more eldar units...

TiFlo's Avatar Semisalis

Looks good. Waiting for the pics.

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

So this basically lets you choose between two different textures of units? Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    So this basically lets you choose between two different textures of units? Nice.
    yes it does, nothing fancy but nice refreshment i believe...

Nergor's Avatar Tiro

Nice idea

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool submod!

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Why the Moon units are purple.....
    I guess they should be sliver-bright lore-wise
    Aure entuluva!

Hi

i like this very much, this choice between two unit types give a personal note to the elves for me (i hope you can understant this^^^)

are the armor and weapon upgrades also visible ?

greets
    Last edited by brazoragh; April 20, 2011 at 01:42 AM.

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Aye silver and blue perhaps, to represent the colours of the old Noldor lords of Fingolin with sons + Finfarins sons? Arn't really that many left of Fëanors people....
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

ok, i get the color idea... but, who ever said that Noldor units were gold and black as shown in the movies? no one, so the visual appeareance of the movie Elf units is lore accurate, but this isn't? how so? would someone explain that to me?

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    ok, i get the color idea... but, who ever said that Noldor units were gold and black as shown in the movies? no one, so the visual appeareance of the movie Elf units is lore accurate, but this isn't? how so? would someone explain that to me?
    It was PJ's interpetation, and noone is stopping you from turning them into that colour/your interpetation. What we are saying is an suggestion, based on what we've read from the Silmarillion. Personally, I think youre colouring looks great, but in my fanboyishm, who wouldn't want to see the Silver and Blue of Fingolfin's decendants march upon Middlearth once again in playable form?
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zoran View Post
    It was PJ's interpetation, and noone is stopping you from turning them into that colour/your interpetation. What we are saying is an suggestion, based on what we've read from the Silmarillion. Personally, I think youre colouring looks great, but in my fanboyishm, who wouldn't want to see the Silver and Blue of Fingolfin's decendants march upon Middlearth once again in playable form?
    Wise words wise words

Anyway great submod MM

Borussia Dortmund fan

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    I like the current textures, and am not criticizing you, but I think that it would be more logical for the 'moon' units to have silver instead of gold and perhaps dark blue or black instead of blue?

This would make the contrast more clear IMO.

who wouldn't want to see the Silver and Blue of Fingolfin's decendants march upon Middlearth once again in playable form?
    Descendants of Fingolfin were almos entirely wipped out during the Fall of Beleriand. The only remaining member of Fingolfin's house is in Third Age Elrond. He is member of that house only by birth but was adopted in Feanor's house later. For those units to march in Middle-Earth you'll have to wait until War of the Silmarils is released... Also, if i had asked what textures would you all prefer i think we would still be debating and this thing would never be finished...

it would be more logical for the 'moon' units to have silver instead of gold and perhaps dark blue or black instead of blue?
    they have silver shields, not the gold ones, their armour is violet 'cause it was texture made by Louis Lux (so this aren't my textures, read first post) and i just used them for this mod... The alterations could be made but i'm not going to do them any time soon, i don't have the time to do this again... so maybe to make a poll, how should this units look like and then when the results are done we can see what we can do about them... also i recieved permissions only to use this textures and models not to alter them (in some cases-blue cloaks; it was necessary to alter some things but that was only to avoid them to be completly black because of lack of textures)...

all in all, feedback is always good thing...

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

great job mate MOS 6.0 awaits the new elves

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast