Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: descr_rebel_factions.txt

Default Re: descr_rebel_factions.txt

I think the chance is still going to be multiplied by whatever the value is in the descr_strat for brigand_spawn_value.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I think the chance is still going to be multiplied by whatever the value is in the descr_strat for brigand_spawn_value.

Correct - the higher the number the lower the spawn chance. We used 999 in PDeR and I can't recall seeing a rebel (apart from the script spawns)

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    So maybe more a divider ? Something like the chance of descr_rebel divided by the descr_strat ... So if you set the first at 100 and the second at 1, makes it 100% and if you set the first at 1 and the second at 100 you get 0.01 ...?

But thanks for the tip, I had not noticed about this brigand in the descr strat !

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Is this file related only to revolts inside settlements or also to eventual rebel army spawn in the region's lands?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Definitely for the regional rebel spawns, not sure about the settlement revolts, those compositions always seemed to me to be based on EDU entries (slave ownership, recruit priority) and maybe the 'loyalty faction' entry from descr_regions. For example the region has 'turks' in descr_regions - then the game would look for units that are owned by turks and slaves and use those for settlement revolts.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Is this file related only to revolts inside settlements or also to eventual rebel army spawn in the region's lands?
    Theoretically both; in reality you can only define one or the other.

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Yep, but I found a way to have them different, thanks to Withwnar. I have set the descr_rebel to the units I want, so that the game picks up among these units when a settlement goes rebel and then I have a brigand spawning script for the rest of the region, with a random spawning point, with units I have also set. I'm using 3 different armies with different spawning %, so that the strongest spawns less often than the weakest army. But they cannot be random.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12