Thread: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Default Re: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper_of_Souls View Post
    And they can fish out Dragonstone.

Don't tell that Dany's entire armada is wiped out in one night or is it just Yara's iron fleet?
    I think jus the Ironborn and the sand snakes, the Dornish forces remain in dorne and the tyrells have their own ships IIRC

Ser Elmond Starr's Avatar Decanus

Holy sweet mother of ****
    I have figured it out.
    The Night King does not need the Horn of Winter to bring down the wall. He is not going to summon an ice dragon. He is not going to use the giant wights to bring it down (the dead cannot even pass the wall). Instead, he's just gonna walk by it

Here is a shot of the opening credits prior to season 7, back when winter was coming. Pay attention to the Shivering Sea and Skagos, right to the side of Eastwatch-by-the-Sea. Everything normal, right?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Well, now check out this pic from season 7, when winter finally came:

JUST...LOOK AT THE SHIVERING SEA....IT IS COMPLETELY FROZEN!!! This is why they have waited for 8000 thousand years! They cannot bypass the Wall, like Benjen said, so they waited until the sea was frozen so they could just....WALK BY IT!!
    Ser Elmond of House Starr, the Light of the Night, Lord of Moonkeep and King of Etherea
    Through Action, a Man becomes a Hero.Through Death, a Hero becomes a Legend.Through Time, a Legend becomes a Myth.By learning from the Myth, a Man takes Action....

Quote Originally Posted by IBSXYPNTS View Post
    I think jus the Ironborn and the sand snakes, the Dornish forces remain in dorne and the tyrells have their own ships IIRC
    But who will lead Dorne now and will this new leader support Daenerys? The Tyrells are ed when Lord Tarly turns on them together with most of their bannermen and the Lannister forces. So with the Greyjoys beaten, Daenerys pretty much lost all her allies in Westeros.

As for Jon, I fear he might have lost the North the moment he left Winterfell. I doubt whether Sansa is really able to handle Littlefinger as it seemed last episode. I can imagine Littlefinger taking over control in the North by convincing the Northerners that Jon is not fit to be a king because he left them and not to forget, he is still in control of the knights of the Vale who should outnumber the remains of the scattered northern forces. The only one who might have the balls, but unfortunately not the forces, to stop him is little Lyanna and she might be pissed, too, because Jon left.

Quote Originally Posted by sneahcst View Post
    I can imagine Littlefinger taking over control in the North by convincing the Northerners that Jon is not fit to be a king because he left them and not to forget, he is still in control of the Vale
    If Baelish was capable of controlling the Northerners he'd have had Sansa as Queen, and one word from her about how he killed Lysa Arryn and they'd butcher him. You've also Jon meeting Tyrion, who knows the role Baelish played in Ned Starks death, doubtless he'd tell Jon and he'd send a raven. This coupled with Lysa Arryns murder and the fact that he knowingly handed her to the Boltons (lying to Royce) will turn everyone against Baelish in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    If Baelish was capable of controlling the Northerners he'd have had Sansa as Queen, and one word from her about how he killed Lysa Arryn and they'd butcher him. You've also Jon meeting Tyrion, who knows the role Baelish played in Ned Starks death, doubtless he'd tell Jon and he'd send a raven. This coupled with Lysa Arryns murder and the fact that he knowingly handed her to the Boltons (lying to Royce) will turn everyone against Baelish in a heartbeat.
    Right, I didn't consider that. So Littlefinger is checkmated as long as he doesn't somehow get Sansa to love him back or kill her. Scenarios, which I both can't imagine to happen. Still he is forced to make a move before Jon meets Tyrion and returns or informs anyone at Winterfell. His remaining options would be to either do something stupid or run.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post

PLOT TWIST: Littlefinger opens a new brothel in Winterfell and turn everyone to his side...
    Last edited by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon; July 25, 2017 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Elmond Starr View Post
    Holy sweet mother of ****
    I have figured it out.
    The Night King does not need the Horn of Winter to bring down the wall. He is not going to summon an ice dragon. He is not going to use the giant wights to bring it down (the dead cannot even pass the wall). Instead, he's just gonna walk by it

Here is a shot of the opening credits prior to season 7, back when winter was coming. Pay attention to the Shivering Sea and Skagos, right to the side of Eastwatch-by-the-Sea. Everything normal, right?

Well, now check out this pic from season 7, when winter finally came:

JUST...LOOK AT THE SHIVERING SEA....IT IS COMPLETELY FROZEN!!! This is why they have waited for 8000 thousand years! They cannot bypass the Wall, like Benjen said, so they waited until the sea was frozen so they could just....WALK BY IT!!

that's not how it goes, believe me I've played "A Song of Ice and Fire" map on StarCraft 2 many times. The Night King is not the Great Hydralisk so he doesn't have ranged attack; all the Others need to do is target-fire on the gate holes while hiding the Great Hydralisk amongst the horde of Zealots and Zerglings so the Night's Watch can't see it hitting the gates, then they can go through and kill the Wildling's Hatchery. Usually by that time the Night's Watch has gotten bored and has sent their heroes down south to go watch the rest of the war unfold and dick around. The main threat is if they manage to convince the TullyStark players to go man the wall with them, in which case they can muster up enough forces to charge and go kill the Other's Overmind and end the game for them, but the map doesn't include the Night's King so they probably have that advantage
    Last edited by AndariusHaliusScipio; July 25, 2017 at 01:14 PM.

So Daenerys armies have been outmaneuvered twice now and the unsullied are trapped in Castelry Rock for now. That leaves Daenerys with only the Dothraki and her Dragons. By the way it was such a waste that we didn't see the full battles ( Unsullied vs Lannisters ) - (Lannister vs Tyrells ) or at least one of them but i'm guessing we'll have a full battle episode around episode 6.

P.S: Castelry Rock was cool but i was expecting something more of Highgarden as the Capital of the Reach.

MaccusJr's Avatar Libertus

Very badass comeback for the lannisters and Euron continues to be awesome this season.
    Still dissapointed for the way they presented both capitals. I expected something more than that.

DrEvilsPjs's Avatar Civis

Last episode made very little sense. You can't sail around Westeros with 1,000 ships in less than two weeks, as Euron managed to somehow do. Jamie also reached Highgarden from King's Landing in less than two weeks, which seems more plausible but still very difficult. And the dialogue of last episode made me cringe so bad. Am i just getting the time spacing wrong, because Cersei said to the Iron Bank "I will repay you in a fortnight" = 14 days. Someone help me understand the chaos!

Euron used fast-travel like most RPG chars...and there you have it. Kidding aside this season is more rushed than all the previous ones combined, the producers said that they were running out of matterial hence the 7 episode 7th season and the 6th ep 8th season and i'm like " maybe if you didn't rush things or include some storylines from the books that wouldn't have happened ". Judging from the talking about spin offs i'm sure HBO would be cool with more seasons of GOT, so the fault lies entirely with the producers.

I also hate the fact that they made Tyrion and Varys useless thus far in this season. Varys used to know everything in the show and now he can't seem to know that almost 10.000 Lannisters left the Rock and are going south ( Highgarden ). Especially Tyrion, who is one of the smartest people and has a good military mind send 8.000 Unsullied to storm one of the best defended castles in Westeros who had a garrison of 10.000 ( at least he though it did ). Even with the secret sewer passage the chances of winning were thin and even if they did they would take very heavy losses and almost destroy the Unsullied army. I got no problem with evening the scale in the war, but don't make fools out of the 2 smartest people to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    I also hate the fact that they made Tyrion and Varys useless thus far in this season. Varys used to know everything in the show and now he can't seem to know that almost 10.000 Lannisters left the Rock and are going south ( Highgarden ). Especially Tyrion, who is one of the smartest people and has a good military mind send 8.000 Unsullied to storm one of the best defended castles in Westeros who had a garrison of 10.000 ( at least he though it did ). Even with the secret sewer passage the chances of winning were thin and even if they did they would take very heavy losses and almost destroy the Unsullied army. I got no problem with evening the scale in the war, but don't make fools out of the 2 smartest people to justify it.
    Totally agree. And what the hell is up with geography just going out the window? It once again doesn't make sense how Euron is just everywhere. He's at the capital, he's in the Narrow Sea, and now he's at Casterly Rock? But they stopped caring about geography since last season so whatever I guess.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

1 episode does not equal 1 week. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    1 episode does not equal 1 week. Problem solved.
    Of course, but think of that. Yara and her ships sailed for Sunspear at the same time the Unsullied sailed for the Rock, Euron in the meantime assualted Yara's fleet ,went back to Kings Landing and managed to arrive at Castelry Rock at the same time as the Unsullied. I mean he propably has faster ships and knows how to sail them better but that still doesn't makes much sense.

I like that Tyrion is proving to be "useless" according to you; it continues the theme that he seems to always be completely wrong, and yet continues to worm his way back into people's good graces despite that. The only problem is (unlike seasons 1-2 of The Walking Dead) he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.

my major thoughts were reflected by two cool tweets

https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/891842535789744128
    raandy
    game of thrones has just completely given up on how long travels should take anyways that episode owned

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/891865061538410496
    leon
    good episode but what the was up with littlefinger's weird coked up speech to sansa. why did he say that

also it didn't occur to me until the preview for next episode and I feel stupid for not realizing it; Cersei looted the piss out of Highgarden in order to pay off the Iron Bank

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    Cersei looted the piss out of Highgarden in order to pay off the Iron Bank

Yeah pretty much but also for provisions, as Jaime said in the 1st ep their army need provisions, which the Tyrells had.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

the coked up speech likely has the same purpose as olennas to dany. give advice, and see how that pans out (usually, if people ignore it).

dany wanted to do the right thing, but now cercei has been allowed to screw her.

LF doesnt do anything new here, just summing up his way of thinking: plan with every possibilty in mind. sansa is very much on the task at hand, but she doesnt think that far ahead, like most people.

then oc, LF twisted litte brain hasnt quite got the raven about the whole coming apocalypse thing yet, so he might find out the old rules no longer apply.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

I liked how Brandon creeped the f out of Sansa Baby cripple is full of wisdom
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    LF twisted litte brain hasnt quite got the raven about the whole coming apocalypse thing yet, so he might find out the old rules no longer apply.

I believe he has understood that the walkers are coming and the danger that they pose but he simply doesn't care, it reminds me of a quote Varys said about LF " he would see the whole world burn if could be king of the ashes ". He doesn't care about the destruction the Others will inflict upon the world as long as he's in power in the end. He has also understood that if the Others win then the whole " Game " is out of his hands and power and there's nothing he can do and has accepted that.