Thread: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

Default Re: [GENERAL DISCUSSION] [SPOILERS] HBO's Game of Thrones Series

The series is going its completely own direction, so many things missing. Pretty disappointed, especially Snow's ending. In the books its way better, than Snow falling for that obvious trap.

Where are Ramsays taunting letters to Jon? Where was that Jon Snow speech gathering the Wildlings and the Nights Watch to march south? He got stabbed after that, and not because he fell for the lamest trick in the book.

Long live Balon Greyjoy the king who didnt do aynthing for the past 3 seasons!

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

I really hope the next season is ONLY Ironborn, Reach and young Aegon. One can always hope....

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Silenced Ape's Avatar Vicarius

Olly, ing pig.

the Show, the showrunners. the showfags

Me right now

Last edited by Silenced Ape; June 15, 2015 at 05:33 AM.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeBG View Post
    I really hope the next season is ONLY Ironborn, Reach and young Aegon. One can always hope....
    More likely Tyrion ruling Meeren, Sandsnakes invading the reach and Jaime+Brienne killing Ramsay Bolton..

lol but seriously.. I kind of liked some of the stuff this season! Littlefinger/Sansa/Brienne/Stannis was definetly the worst part.

Daenerys/Jon/Cersei plots where most accurate to the books but still kind of strange.

Qyburn/Robert Strong is where my hope lies
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I ing hate cliffhangers.

I did not like this episode. I didn't particularly care for this season in general, honestly. You could really feel that they ran out of books to work with, and started making things up.

I was disappointed with Stannis, both the burning and the death. He was a great character, an interesting one. I didn't root for him, and I am not sure if I liked him or not, but I think that's what made him so great. And then suddenly he was a mustache twirling villain and got cut down in the woods like a dog because he decided to burn his daughter in front of his army due to a little snow. Sure.

Speaking of Snow, what the hell was that with Jon? Only two things can happen here, either he is brought back, which seems likely since that's the only reason for the red witch to come back, and kind of renders the entire scene moot, or he doesn't and they just ended by far one of the most interesting and popular storylines in the series.

And apart from that, literally everything else in the episode was a cliffhanger. Some cliffhangers were perfectly fine. Tyrion's story arch is at a great point to end the season. Sansa's? They cut it off mid-ing-jump. That's like shooting an arrow at someone and then not finding out whether it hits them or not until next year.

It just was not a satisfying episode.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Robert Baratheon: Warrior > Died Nedd Stark: Warrior > Died Stannis: Badass fighter on Westeros > Died Jon Snow: Brave Fighter > Died Baristan Selmy: The strongest man with a sword > Died The Hound: ing fighter > Died Tywin Lannister: ing charismatic character and master of war > Died Jeor Mormont: Leader and Fighter > Died Hardhome's elders: Thenn and the Woman > Died So... what i'm supposed to watch now... Tommen using the valyrian sword on the night's king or Sansa still crying after whites walkers don't find her "too old"?

Rewatched the episode again and some how i am happy that Reek is dead, and Theon is reborn (smh or he is still Reek ) I really have my money on Theon that he is no longer afraid of Ramsey :p, please theon plz u got my hopes till the next year :d

This season for me was by far the worst one ( apart from episode 8 that was amazing). They killed off such badass Characters.
    Personally still hoping Stannis is alive and does something else instead of dying in that miserable attempt to take Winterfell, but knowing this show he is dead.

I don't think Jon will stay dead, though they really good of made a better excuse than "hey guess what you know your uncle who has disappeared 4 seasons ago guess what someone saw him." Only good thing from that scence was Olly finished him off, apart from that this episode and this season has been average for me and could of been so much better.
    Hopefully WoW will be out before season 6 and season 6 is a much better season overall, than this one.
    Just my thoughts.

Elbadruhel's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by turkay98 View Post
    Robert Baratheon: Warrior > Died Nedd Stark: Warrior > Died Stannis: Badass fighter on Westeros > Died Jon Snow: Brave Fighter > Died Baristan Selmy: The strongest man with a sword > Died The Hound: ing fighter > Died Tywin Lannister: ing charismatic character and master of war > Died Jeor Mormont: Leader and Fighter > Died Hardhome's elders: Thenn and the Woman > Died So... what i'm supposed to watch now... Tommen using the valyrian sword on the night's king or Sansa still crying after whites walkers don't find her "too old"?
    You still have Victarion Greyjoy, Euron Greyjoy, Roose Bolton, Kevan Lannister, Loras Tyrell, Bronn, Robert Strong, Brynden Tully, Daario Naharis, Jorah Mormont...

Warriors can die, because others will rise. What is a harder lost are great minds. Like Tyrion, Doran, Roose, Tywin (dead), Littlefinger, Wyman Manderly (deleted in the series)... And every time we have less of this. And if you think on that, we actually have wars between this guys: Roose in the North, Littlefinger with Westeros, Doran in Dorne and Tyrion in Mereen.

Miles

There goes Kit Snow, I hardly knew ye as Kit Snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by IBSXYPNTS View Post
    So without the glory of beloved characters in the north and perhaps essos wtf are we supposed to believe in now? I mean the riverlands, crownlands, and north are basically beaten down to nothing, with the events in the south only the Reach, Dorne and Vale have any amount of troops left!
    Believe in the Boltons, and Ramsay the Adorable!
    Quote Originally Posted by IBSXYPNTS View Post
    Meh I hope Stannis is alive or something otherwise were stuck with Brianne and Bran in the north with Sam gone south. The two characters whose chapters I literally abhored reading or watching until Podrick came along with Brianne. Aryas situation is odd I cant recall if it was in the books. Iam glad they at least showed Robert Strong so I have have hype for the Cleganebowl.

It scares me that now the Reach, Ironborn, Arryn and Dorne are the only factions with any generally untouched forces left in the seven kingdoms.

I dont have any idea what Ellaria hoped to gain by her poisoning. Now her nephew and probably her daughters are going to die along with her. Doesnt seem like a smart endgame.
    Stannis is alive, and Brianne is dead. Ramsay Bolton chopped off her head. It would be interesting to see how Stannis goes about bending the knee to the Bastard of Winterfell.
    We have still yet to see Shireen's body. The fact that the snow melted means nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by turkay98 View Post
    Rewatched the episode again and some how i am happy that Reek is dead, and Theon is reborn (smh or he is still Reek ) I really have my money on Theon that he is no longer afraid of Ramsey :p, please theon plz u got my hopes till the next year :d
    Oh, Theon is still terrified of Ramsay. Reek the Meek only pushed the lady off a cliff because he was pissing himself about the whipping he'd get if Ramsay saw what harm Sansa had come to.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

I, too think Mellisandre was lead back to Castle Black to save John Snow. Afterwards with Ser Davos by his side as adviser the plot at the wall would get even more interesting.

If not.... well...

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    No..
    still wrong, it was a body double

stannis last battle was way anticlimactic, not bc he lost, but bc it was very much slapshoed, like his attack on the wildlings. scope was ok, given their limits, but the timing was really off.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    Been avoiding this thread for few weeks. Don't really care to hear more pissing about the show.

But I had to come back because Balon Greyjoy has officially won the War of Five Kings. He is the only one alive now, and has had litereally nobody oppsing his power. By all reasons, he is an independent kingdom, and has won his war.
    To the person that repped me, but asked how I know he's alive.

If there was never a passing mention of his death, I doubt he's died yet. Even though he dies off-screen in the books, we'd still have a scene telling us that he had died. And considering he out lived Robb in the show, its not like they weren't gonna change the order.

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

I'm still too depressed. Stannis was butchered, by the Boltons and by D&D, but gg to Roose and Ramsay (I still have hope for the books!). I don't want to talk about Stannis anymore (((((

Jon Snow's scene was like a four year old who gets told the ice cream man is outside only to be trolled that they're going the dentist -.-

So unsatisfying though all round, the only people I can see being happy are the Brienne fanboys.

For me the remaining characters worth watching now are Tyrion and Jon Snow, perhaps Dany if Drogon licks his wounds some more.

jomas's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mac View Post
    I'm still too depressed. Stannis was butchered, by the Boltons and by D&D, but gg to Roose and Ramsay (I still have hope for the books!). I don't want to talk about Stannis anymore (((((

Jon Snow's scene was like a four year old who gets told the ice cream man is outside only to be trolled that they're going the dentist -.-

So unsatisfying though all round, the only people I can see being happy are the Brienne fanboys.

For me the remaining characters worth watching now are Tyrion and Jon Snow, perhaps Dany if Drogon licks his wounds some more.
    TV Stannis and Book Stannis are completely different characters really, on a seriously complex/confusing character, the other a spooky cartoon villain. The burning of Shireen was the most illogical act ever committed by Stannis, and while she might die in the books, it would never be under his authority.
    I also find it very difficult to believe that he's actually dead, with no on screen death for such a hated character (in this series) he's likely to come back for a short stint.

A theory on the books is Stannis takes Winterfell, he's in a much better position then in the show to do so, but Melly burns Shireen to revive Mr. Lord Commander, driving Stannis insane. He could very well bite the bullet, but GRRM would never do so in such a silly fashion.

Also, no pies has me disappointed.

Vahir's Avatar Miles

Don't tell me you guys actually think Stannis is dead?

Because he's not. If he died there, they would have shown it; They've certainly never shied away from gore before. It's a pretty blatant case of Never Found the Body.

People with more than half a brain still watch this show?

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    No..

If you think those constitute "saggy", then you're not gonna have a fun experience later on in life >_>

still wrong, it was a body double

Makes some sense, but seems somewhat odd/questionable? Maybe they couldn't cover up her tattoos realistically? Or just wanted to accentuate her "beauty" since we've seen Lena Heady naked in other movies and she's not that well endowed. She had children since then but that was still a very huge change.

Anyway I had no problem with Ser Robert Strong's freaky-ass blue face. Obviously there wasn't enough ambiguity in the book since everyone already figured it was Gregor Clegane's body.

As for everything else...

I'm somewhat disturbed by the Stannis stuff, if only because
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    In the peeks of Winds of Winter, he's established a base camp and has both Reek and Asha Greyjoy as his captives. Unless that goes nowhere and/or Reek and Asha escape together, this disturbs and perturbs me.

Otherwise I don't mind him dying then and there, his entire family line gone because he had nothing left.

I'm also very disturbed now by the apparent complete lack of Arianne Martell.

I can only figure she's someone who will die abruptly in the books or something

But even removing her, and replacing her with nothing is almost as bad as what they did with Stoneheart. I cannot imagine any genuine reasoning for not including Arianne Martell. If they were going to replace her character with Ellaria Sand and the Sand Snakes, that would be one thing, but it's not that thing because they didn't.

As for Ellaria poisoning Myrcella. That was like... kind of pointless and such. Especially given how soon it happened, Jaime Lannister was still close enough to land to turn back and be like "She's dead, Bashir" and it would so obviously be Ellaria.

Another minor thing that bothers me is
    No Yunkai besieging Meereen. Maybe they're delaying it. Maybe the Dothraks get involved with it. Either way it's not something too major for me but still feels like a wasted opportunity

Biggest thing disturbing me tho is lack of Stoneheart.
    Last edited by AndariusHaliusScipio; June 15, 2015 at 12:46 PM.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

yeah, its only those with less that quit because waaahwaahwaah.