Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will human race survive after a nuclear war?

Default Will human race survive after a nuclear war?

Well, whay do you think if there is a nuclear war tomorrow? Would human race survive? Would capitalism survive? Would we have a new world power ( ie. China becomes the leader of the world)? Would we go back to stone age?

Default Re: Will human race survive after a nuclear war?

Quote Originally Posted by visser300 View Post
    Well, whay do you think if there is a nuclear war tomorrow? Would human race survive? Would capitalism survive? Would we have a new world power ( ie. China becomes the leader of the world)? Would we go back to stone age?
    Depends how bad it is. I think some Humans would survive, but the world would never be the same again. I would imagine something like Fallout 3.

new zealand would become the sole remaining country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nicholas View Post
    May I suggest ya'll get back on topic. Talk about Napoleon's ethnicity in another thread, this thread is about a leashed penis...
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    Life is routine, punctuated by excitement.

mic1402's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetRegistered View Post
    new zealand would become the sole remaining country in the world
    yay i live. OT: it really depends on the circumstances.
    Born in Australia, Living in New Zealand.
    "Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death. To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."
    "If there is no justice for the people, let there be no peace for the government."
    "The earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those who are killing have names and addresses."

Sure it will, but civilization as we know ti may not, and I seriously doubt China would become a new world power afterwards given the vast amount of nuclear fallout they will have.

Dr Zoidberg's Avatar A Medical Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by mic1402 View Post
    yay i live. OT:
    Traitor! Where is your love for the motherland?!

Back of topic, I think humanity would survive, and I think that it would still be a very similar world to today.

I guess it really depends on how extensive the nuclear engagement is. Are we talking an initial nuclear exchange to disable your opponents' military capability, or are we talking a full blow counter-value engagement where population cities are targeted?
    Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by ninman View Post
    Depends how bad it is. I think some Humans would survive, but the world would never be the same again. I would imagine something like Fallout 3.
    It wouldn't be anything like Fallout 3 since FO3 is Science!, not science.

As for the OP: depends on the magnitude of the nuclear war.
    But in all likelihood pockets of people will remain. I'm not a nuclear physicist but I'd reckon mountainous areas would be shielded from alot of radiation and the blasts. Most Pacific Islands won't be touched either.
    Both will suffer from Nuclear Winter though.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    It wouldn't be anything like Fallout 3 since FO3 is Science!, not science.

As for the OP: depends on the magnitude of the nuclear war.
    But in all likelihood pockets of people will remain. I'm not a nuclear physicist but I'd reckon mountainous areas would be shielded from alot of radiation and the blasts. Most Pacific Islands won't be touched either.
    Both will suffer from Nuclear Winter though.
    I doubt it.

Just consider the fact that the nuclear cloud of Fukushima plant could speard thousand of miles. In the past, the Chenobyl incident did speard a nuclear cloud to London. With a massive nuclear war, I think that no one could escape its consequence. It is a large possibility that we would have handful of people who could survive. However, the effect would make women could not give birth and it would lead to doomday, for example.

Cool. How many londoners died from that cloud?

Menelik_I's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Republic of Angola, Permitte divis cetera.

@ OP:

Most of Sub-sahara Africa will survive, South America Rio Grande region and the Pacific Island, specially New Zealand.

Even if the nukes created massive clouds, these will probably make landfall due to rain and snow. Even if the watered down cloud made it to one of these places, suriving could be easy by simply hiding in a basement.
    « Le courage est toujours quelque chose de saint, un jugement divin entre deux idées. Défendre notre cause de plus en plus vigoureusement est conforme à la nature humaine. Notre suprême raison d’être est donc de lutter ; on ne possède vraiment que ce qu’on acquiert en combattant. »Ernst Jünger
    La Guerre notre Mère (Der Kampf als inneres Erlebnis), 1922, trad. Jean Dahel, éditions Albin Michel, 1934

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by visser300 View Post
    I doubt it.

Just consider the fact that the nuclear cloud of Fukushima plant could speard thousand of miles. In the past, the Chenobyl incident did speard a nuclear cloud to London. With a massive nuclear war, I think that no one could escape its consequence. It is a large possibility that we would have handful of people who could survive. However, the effect would make women could not give birth and it would lead to doomday, for example.
    You've seen too much films.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

According to Einstein,"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

the people at Norad would be chilling at their mountain fortress

Right until it takes a direct hit...

Hakkapeliitta's Avatar Senator
    Dark side of the Moooooon (where the cows are)

Civilisation would collapse, humanity would survive just fine and rebuild. All things that have the word 'nuclear' are just crazily obsessed over by some people, if only people were just as afraid of regular guns and bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    According to Einstein,"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    so.. if we're back on the level of fighting world wide, why would we still fight with sticks and stones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nicholas View Post
    May I suggest ya'll get back on topic. Talk about Napoleon's ethnicity in another thread, this thread is about a leashed penis...
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    Life is routine, punctuated by excitement.

so.. if we're back on the level of fighting world wide, why would we still fight with sticks and stones?
    Makes you wonder whether Einstein didn't scammed us ...

There is a chance that at least 1 Billion humans will survive even the most genocidal nuclear conflict and a sufficient level of at least regional society, provided nobody remember to nuke New Zealand.
    « Le courage est toujours quelque chose de saint, un jugement divin entre deux idées. Défendre notre cause de plus en plus vigoureusement est conforme à la nature humaine. Notre suprême raison d’être est donc de lutter ; on ne possède vraiment que ce qu’on acquiert en combattant. »Ernst Jünger
    La Guerre notre Mère (Der Kampf als inneres Erlebnis), 1922, trad. Jean Dahel, éditions Albin Michel, 1934

the point he makes is that sometime we will kill each other so hard much of the technology will be lost and therefor we go back to the stone age

I think we might survive but doubt how long due to radiation and maybe Fallout New Vegas situation

Indefinitely Banned

yes
    and if you're lucky, there may even be mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Semper View Post
    the point he makes is that sometime we will kill each other so hard much of the technology will be lost and therefor we go back to the stone age

I think we might survive but doubt how long due to radiation and maybe Fallout New Vegas situation
    The Radiation don't stay forever in the air, the nuclear contaminated dust will be sent to ground with rains and other precipitations. Unless direct hit or promity to it, you will probably have moderated levels of radiations.

Vast swaps of land will stay unafected and there humanity can continue.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast