Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 732474849505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1150

Thread: Alternative Clan Colours - update to HERO EDITION released! Noif's submod still available

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - HERO EDITION for uniforms and banners is OUT. Noif's submod finally available! Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by japs View Post
    ACC uniforms, is OK and nice looking.
    ACC banners, no changes on campaign map, only banners on soldiers(it should be so?).
    Noif's submod, crash when continue(start) campaign .

Shogun 2 gold edition, i just puts all these mods to data pack, and changes user.script.txt.
    Yes, any file found in OP is to be placed in the data folder, but you should be able to activate it simply by using the mod manager.

The ACC uniforms mod is to be used with either ACC banners mod or Noif's submod for banners. The latter is based on the former but makes some changes to the banners which the soldiers carry on their backs (the sashimonos) and the standards which the standard bearers hold, plus introduces some new campaign map flags. Unfortunately, some people have reported problems using that submod, and only Noif can fix it. The ACC banners mod works the way it should with (no campaign map flags but) special attention to looking good (and, as far as possible, historically correct) with the uniforms mod.

For the final addition of ACC, the 59i, the plan was to make ACC banners for the campaign map as well. You can see a couple of previews of this in post #1099 on page 55. Don't know when I can find the modding energy to finish that project, though.
    Last edited by Demokritos; March 05, 2015 at 09:11 AM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - HERO EDITION for uniforms and banners is OUT. Noif's submod finally available! Enjoy.

You can find this mod link here, what I have recovered from my old pc:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-quot-are-back!

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    You can find this mod link here, what I have recovered from my old pc:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-quot-are-back!
    Thank you, Noif, for listing ACC among "famous" old mods for Shogun 2 in a thread that got stickied and thereby giving more people a chance to discover it.

However, the file you got there is for the old Hero Edition of the mod which lately seems to have stopped working properly (e.g. some of the recolourings kicking in, some of them not) for some people. The 59h was based on patch 24. CA updated the game to its final version some time after that. This may eventually have caused a problem for the 59h. So I've prepared a small fix...

ACC Takaoka teppo ashigaru under fire ready to fire

ACC 59i is out. Check the links in the OP.

Content-wise, it does not differ much from the Hero Edition. But you may like some of the changes. I'll spell out the details in this post later today or tomorrow...

Edit: I'm back with some details about the new 59i version now.
    I did not have the time to make a proper update. A quick fix appeared necessary due to a report about loss of functionality with 59h. Now, before the release of Rome 2, I happened to work on what was meant to be the final version of ACC. but I hadn't gotten far when Rome 2 hit the market. Then I switched to work on ACR (and ACRAH) for R2, as some of you may know. Abandoned ACC until now. In this fix, I've included the changes that I'd already had in store, finished the WIPs and added a couple of other things. All changes are made with traditional Japanese colours. In some cases, this only means that old uniform themes have been represented in Japanese hues. But in a couple of cases, a new theme has been introduced. The details are the following:

On unit level, look for changes to one degree or other in...
    the special units of Chosokabe, Date, Oda and Otomo, plus Sengei's Swordmasters. For the Oda, only in armor and the officers. For the Otomo, only in lacing on the samurai and officers.

On faction level, look for changes to one degree or other in...
    Amako (banners)
    Christian rebels (uniforms)
    Date (banners and uniforms)
    Imagawa (uniforms)
    Ito (uniforms)
    Oda (uniforms)
    Takaoka (uniforms, minor tweak)
    Ukita (banners and uniforms)

Date has received a major overhaul due to some pictures of wax figures of soldiers in the Date Masamune Historical Museum in Japan that I've come over. They suggested brownish clothing and a different shade on the banners, among other things. So now they look a bit like that in ACC. New take is reminiscent of how the Uesugi appear, so I may tweak the Date a bit further when I get the chance.

Back on page 54 of this thread, McCarronXLD requested a new theme for the Oda. He specifically wished for one with reference to an illustration depicting the Battle of Okehazama in 1560, where one of Oda Nobunaga's samurais is seen (along with Oda Nobunaga himself, Imagawa Yoshimoto and one of Imagawa's retainers). I've taken the opportunity to grant him this request, as good as I could make it with the limited time available. So for the samurais of the Oda, yellow clothing is no more. But for their ashigarus, yellow is still good, even slightly better with new hue on armour.

That's it for the quickie. Gotta return to the work in RL.

Until next time, enjoy the new show of ACC.

Last edited by Demokritos; December 20, 2016 at 09:00 AM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - update to HERO EDITION released! Noif's submod still available.

This is amazing, and thank you so much for fulfilling my request!
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - update to HERO EDITION released! Noif's submod still available.

works like a charm! Thanks for helping keep S2 alive, Demo!

You're welcome, guys. Glad to be of service.

Revisited the campaign mode of the game the other day, with ACC in play. Realized that it still kind of ruins it for me to see pretty cool samurai figures in natural colours on the campaign map holding large banners in unnatural colours here and there. So I gotta do something about that, seeking the total ACC experience. With modding spirits for Shogun 2, the most artistic and stylish of TW games, having returned, I should be on it next year. Slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    You're welcome, guys. Glad to be of service.

Revisited the campaign mode of the game the other day, with ACC in play. Realized that it still kind of ruins it for me to see pretty cool samurai figures in natural colours on the campaign map holding large banners in unnatural colours here and there. So I gotta do something about that, seeking the total ACC experience. With modding spirits for Shogun 2, the most artistic and stylish of TW games, having returned, I should be on it next year. Slowly.
    Is Noif's submod for ACC adapted to your newest version?
    Oh and is yours? I notice your banner mod is still 59h.

Thanks for updating this after so long. Do you still suggest using a Gloss mod?
    Last edited by seamus2008; December 21, 2016 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seamus2008 View Post
    Is Noif's submod for ACC adapted to your newest version?
    Oh and is yours? I notice your banner mod is still 59h.

Thanks for updating this after so long. Do you still suggest using a Gloss mod?
    I've forgotten to check the status of the anti-gloss mods. The ones mentioned in the OP, at least some version of them, stopped working after some CA patch or other. Don't know if that has changed. I guess I have to go find out and update the info in the OP about that. Thanks for reminding me. But if I find one that works, I'd probably use it.

The development of Noif's banners mod is wholly up to Noif. I'm just hosting this submod until he tells me that I should remove it. It's based on an old version of my own banners mod, with some changes and some extras, notably some campaign map flags. Some users reported problems with it long ago. Don't know if that has changed, either. I keep to my own banners mod created in tandem with my uniforms mod.

The ACC banners mod available for download in the OP is no longer 59h, but 59i. Very few changes made in the latter, though, and mostly minor tweaks, hardly discernable by other people than myself. In the Amako case, for example, I just made the black ties a tad brighter (in line with a traditional Japanese hue for black). Biggest change here is probably for the Date, which fly blue sashimonos in different, traditional Japanese blue hue ("rurikon" made a bit brighter, to account for the shading) now. Most changes in the update was made before I turned to Rome 2, so even though I keep dev notes of the builds, I don't quite remember everything that I did.

The plan back then in regard to banners and faction symbols was to introduce a lot more with the update, however. In the Amako case, for example...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    No work yet begun on faction symbol for Mori, but finished new faction symbol for Amako...
    WIP ties for Amako banner, with no work begun yet on Mori banner...
    Yes, it would be nice if I could develop this mod a little more. Or what do you guys think?

Actually considered including some of the banner and icon stuff Herr Doctor and I prepared long ago in this 59i update, but was too short of time to sort everything out. It will have to wait until an better day. The main purpose of this update was to ensure that anyone interested in ACC could download a fully functional version of the mod.
    Last edited by Demokritos; December 21, 2016 at 07:06 PM.

I downloaded ACC Banners but it has the same link as ACC Uniforms downloaded both file and they are the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Lord View Post
    I downloaded ACC Banners but it has the same link as ACC Uniforms downloaded both file and they are the same!
    Odd. I just checked the link after seamus2008's post and found it in order. Or maybe I just stared at the 59i designation. Anyway, you should find the new banners file via the link in the OP now. Sorry for messing that up somehow earlier.

Ty its banners now.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

I can verify that it works for Realism+ mod. FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    I can verify that it works for Realism+ mod. FYI
    Good to know, DMW, thank you.

I'm taking this opportunity to wish all of you guys and gals at TWC...
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Eidgeniesser's Avatar Libertus

Playing the mod ACC59h which is included in the darthmod installation. I'm not quite sure if its working though: Should the Date for instance look like in the image in the first post (with the white flag and black clothing)?

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - update to HERO EDITION released! Noif's submod still available

You mean like in D. Danborg's illustration? No, in 59h, the Date usually have black armor with blue details and clothing, if I remember correctly, with the exception of the Bulletproof Samurai and No-dachi Samurai, which have yellow or golden armor details, I think.

In 59i, however, the Date look different.
    Last edited by Demokritos; February 01, 2018 at 03:17 PM.

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - update to HERO EDITION released! Noif's submod still available

Thanks for mod,I think Shogun 2 is the most beautiful game in its series and i appreciate your work <3 ^^

I think I have to agree about Shogun 2. I'm hoping CA can achieve something similar with upcoming Three Kingdoms.

Thanks for registering and give some feedback, zertela. Glad you liked my work (took a long time to improve the looks as I see it). Welcome to TWC!
    Last edited by Demokritos; February 01, 2018 at 03:25 PM.

Strangely, noif's submod disables the audio of my game.

Yes, sounds very weird, but it may be a known issue. Check this thread for possible remedy. If no help there, PM Noif about it.
    Last edited by Demokritos; February 12, 2018 at 04:30 AM.

I created my personal version of your mod which I used to create something which is compatible with the Imjin war mod which adds dozens of more clans which is cool and all but they have funky colors which I don't like. Made it in 2016 but my PC died. Got a new one now, finally. Gonna ask permission to upload it to Steam Workshop once I finished creating it. Credits to you of course! One of the best visual mods for this game tbh