Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternative Clan Colours - update to HERO EDITION released! Noif's submod still available

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - 20c based on the latest patch available

Quote Originally Posted by nmlsslbrty View Post
    i think no need to reupload all those pictures, because most of image hosting sites already provide codes for putting thumbnails in forum
    Forgot about that, maybe there are such codes available already. I'll check it out. It will still have to wait until later, though.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Where is the ACC 20c download?...Or is it compiled into Alt Clan Colors 20c?

Lost my net connection and when I came back, holy 4 new clans redone!!!

And they look AMAZING!!!

Any chance of the scull appearing on Sakai sashimonos? Maybe adding some black to the faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Lius View Post
    Where is the ACC 20c download?...Or is it compiled into Alt Clan Colors 20c?
    You mean the banner mod (as illustrated on the pics for the four new minor clans) for the latest Alternative Clan Colours mod? Those are always made as separate mods. But I'm afraid I'm not done with the former yet. Not quite happy with the shade of the background on Kuroda's flags or the hue on Urakami's mon. Was also working on a bigger banners mon intended for an expanded ACC 25d directly, which takes more time. But maybe I should release a smaller update for the banners, too. The new clans definitely look better with the new flags. Alright, I'll make a banner mod for the latest ACC available as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    Lost my net connection and when I came back, holy 4 new clans redone!!!

And they look AMAZING!!!

Any chance of the scull appearing on Sakai sashimonos? Maybe adding some black to the faction?
    Always good to hear from you, MN.

Yes, I'm quite pleased with how those clans turned out, especially the Ashikaga and Sakai with their new banners (the latter not having been released yet). The skull banner would certainly look awesome on the Sakai. But, if I have understood things correctly, this was Sakai Tadatsugu's personal sashimono, not used by his soldiers. They used that red sun on white background which I have in store for you guys, at least Tadatsugu's troops did. Want more black on their banners? Well, I could make the ties black of course. That wouldn't be too big a departure from history. But here are some banners of other members of the Sakai family...

What do you think of the Sakai kamon in black on either white or red background (Tadakatsu's sashimonos for his ashigarus featuring several small black kamons)?
    Last edited by Demokritos; May 16, 2011 at 02:49 PM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Hmmmm, I see well unless someone finds a way to make one clan use multiple sashimonos this is the most perfect they get.

Btw just recalculated and 5 more clans to mod completion!!! Can't wait!!!

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - 20c with new banners available

Oh okay no worries sir! I was just wondering if the ACC 20c was even out. For now I will use ACC 16. Take your time, patience=perfection

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    Hmmmm, I see well unless someone finds a way to make one clan use multiple sashimonos this is the most perfect they get.

Btw just recalculated and 5 more clans to mod completion!!! Can't wait!!!
    Five more clans to ACC completion? No sir, I'm going for the lot. That means 38 more factions to go, five of which are already in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by Lius View Post
    Oh okay no worries sir! I was just wondering if the ACC 20c was even out. For now I will use ACC 16. Take your time, patience=perfection
    I just released the banner mod for ACC 20c! That set is now complete.

nmlsslbrty's Avatar Foederatus

hi demokritos, i'd like to report a problem to you

look at this image:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

look at that takeda's clan crest in the sashimono
    do you realize there is a 'tiny' object in the middle of their crest (the 4 black diamond shape)
    it annoys me so much

i've just applied ur 20c ACC banner mod....is it because ur newest banner-mod?

or it has appear before the 20c ACC banner mod?
    sorry i've just realized this thing...if the problem not coming from ur mod im sorry about it then

but if it's coming from ur collor and banner mod, would you like to make a fix for that?

hi demokritos, i'd like to report a problem to you

look at this image:

look at that takeda's clan crest in the sashimono
    do you realize there is a 'tiny' object in the middle of their crest (the 4 black diamond shape)
    it annoys me so much

i've just applied ur 20c ACC banner mod....is it because ur newest banner-mod?

or it has appear before the 20c ACC banner mod?
    sorry i've just realized this thing...if the problem not coming from ur mod im sorry about it then

but if it's coming from ur collor and banner mod, would you like to make a fix for that?
    I doubt that is coming from my mods, because I haven't touched upon the original Takeda banner and it would seem strange if my colour tweaks on other banners affected no other clan than Takeda like that. Will check it out, though...

Just tested S2TW without any mods. Found that thing still there on the Takeda mon. So it comes from something in the vanilla setup, but I can't find the source of it in the game's files, either. I don't know if it's a new thing from the latest patch or something that's always been there but never noticed before. It's a mystery to me.

Wait, got an idea...

Experimented with changing Takeda's mon to other mons to see if the mark would disppear that way. Here's the result with a sogo mon and a uesugi mon, respectively:

As you can see, the cause of the mark is not connected with the mon. The Uesugi mon is more narrow than the others so only the right end of the mark is visible on the left tip of the "BI" character. So it looks like it has something to do with the texture of the flag rather than the mon. I'm afraid that's all I got so far.

Maybe you can pretend that the Takeda clan hired some arab for the production of their banners and this guy secretly scribbled down his signature on each of his creations...

nmlsslbrty's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    I doubt that is coming from my mods, because I haven't touched upon the original Takeda banner and it would seem strange if my colour tweaks on other banners affected no other clan than Takeda like that. Will check it out, though...

Just tested S2TW without any mods. Found that thing still there on the Takeda mon. So it comes from something in the vanilla setup, but I can't find the source of it in the game's files, either. I don't know if it's a new thing from the latest patch or something that's always been there but never noticed before. It's a mystery to me.

Wait, got an idea...

Experimented with changing Takeda's mon to other mons to see if the mark would disppear that way. Here's the result with a sogo mon and a uesugi mon, respectively:

As you can see, the cause of the mark is not connected with the mon. The Uesugi mon is more narrow than the others so only the right end of the mark is visible on the left tip of the "BI" character. So it looks like it has something to do with the texture of the flag rather than the mon. I'm afraid that's all I got so far.

Maybe you can pretend that the Takeda clan hired some arab for the production of their banners and this guy secretly scribbled down his signature on each of his creations...
    LOL
    so the Takeda hired Arabian artist to produce their banners eh?
    maybe they prefer Arabian cloth than Japanese cloth for the banner?
    hahaha

ok, enough joking
    does that tiny arabian signature only appear on the texture of Takeda's banner or on all of other clans banner texture?

btw thanks for observing that thing

LOL
    so the Takeda hired Arabian artist to produce their banners eh?
    maybe they prefer Arabian cloth than Japanese cloth for the banner?
    hahaha
    Yeah, he was shipwrecked off the coast of Nippon, poor thing, and the Takeda took pity upon him, enlisted his services and - lo and behold - his signatures were suddenly seen all over the place...

ok, enough joking
    does that tiny arabian signature only appear on the texture of Takeda's banner or on all of other clans banner texture?

btw thanks for observing that thing
    Fortunately, this is the only instance I've discovered so far. Which makes it all the more strange...

Great +

Date need more blue, is almost the same than Uesugi

And the alternative Bi' version please

Last edited by Miyamoto; May 21, 2011 at 12:12 PM.

@Miyamoto - Date with more blue is already on its way with the next update. So are changes to the Oda, Tokugawa and minute one to Takeda. Tokugawa in particular is about to become more satisfactory to me. And Ishida and Toyotomi like new favourite clans. The Amako and Urakami will be "perfected" with changes to their banners, especially the former. And the whole update will be called 30d, not 25d...

Yes, the "BI" character for the Uesugi is probably the coolest option for those guys. It sets them apart from all other clans (except the Ishida) in the types of marks seen on the battlefield. So maybe I'll make that as the standard edition on that reason alone and leave the red sun or Uesugi kamon as options for people who like historical accuracy to be based on a longer or broader term. If you can't wait until the next update for this change, I have already given info how to return to the former mon in the changelogs for the banner mod.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for the Oda and Tokugawa. Those two have been hard nuts to crack thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by leary View Post
    Can't wait to see what you have in store for the Oda and Tokugawa. Those two have been hard nuts to crack thus far.
    Yes, don't I know it! The Oda is still my worst headache.

But I just recently learned what they were known to often wear: brown armor and light blue clothing in the Tokugawa case, and black armor with lemon yellow clothing in the Oda Case. So the changes are in line with that. Have succeeded best with the Tokugawa so far, enough to make it the new standard, although I have yet to determine the right details for them. On the other front, I'm still looking for the best "lemon yellow". It's a bit problematic when the game adds some greyish tone as fabric texture to the clothing. "Pure" colours are not possible and it's most evident with light-coloured clothing.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Demokritos - Are you planning on doing all the minor clans retextures? as me and Swiss have now got the AUM minors mods available to members and it would be good to see some of those factions or all 30 retextured? I know its a big job but we have plenty of time!

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Demokritos - Are you planning on doing all the minor clans retextures? as me and Swiss have now got the AUM minors mods available to members and it would be good to see some of those factions or all 30 retextured? I know its a big job but we have plenty of time!
    Yes, I'm planning on recolouring all factions including minor clans, rebels, pirates and traders for a total of 58 in the game plus the ronin and perhaps some other non-faction specific units as well. When I'm finished, I'll have two versions of ACC downloadable: one including the lot, the other including all but the major clans. Plus at least one separate banner mod that goes with the first variant.

In what way have you made the minor clans available to members?

matmohair1's Avatar Domesticus

Icon10 Re: Alternative Clan Colours - 20c with new banners available

Special Delivery, coming throouugh !!!

to be continued !

matmohair1's Avatar Domesticus

Icon10 Re: Alternative Clan Colours - 20c with new banners available

Yes, don't I know it! The Oda is still my worst headache.
    Dont worry, hope this helps

Hatamoto guards

The Great Icons of Sekigahara
    more coming soon ...

Quote Originally Posted by matmohair1 View Post
    Special Delivery, coming throouugh !!!

to be continued !
    WOW - wonderful stuff! I'm amazed at this material. I could not have wished for better help. This is most inspiring...gee, you gave me a lot of ideas now.

Funny, I was working with an idea for the Ouchi that departed from Danborg's plate even though I had found a representation that looked good in the style seen there, but your material pretty much confirms that I should go that other way. It solved a problem for me.

But what to do with the Toyotomi now? I actually had them in what appears the right colour combination of red, yellow and blue. Only, according to some toy soldiers, the armor in brownish red, the details in orange-tinted yellow and the clothing in medium blue - and with banners in gold. These pics suggest I should go for black armor instead, and then I would have to abandon red, yellow or blue for them....

Hmmm...(looking at the pics above) maybe purple-ish or wine red clothing with blue armor details or blue clothing still but with red armor details...keeping the golden banner? Yes, must test these ideas...

Thanks a lot for these images, matmohair, it made my day. Rep is on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by matmohair1 View Post
    Dont worry, hope this helps

Hatamoto guards

The Great Icons of Sekigahara
    more coming soon ...
    What, another bunch of wonderful plates already?! FANTASTIC material! Wow, matmohair, I'm already indebted to you. I'll try to make the most of this stuff.

Solution for the Oda you say? I was just thinking due to your first submission that maybe black amor with red details and blue clothing might be appropriate for the Toyotomi and here I see this combo for the Oda in one instance. I need to reconsider something, haha...

I'm afraid I'm not allowed to rep you twice in a row on this site.
    Last edited by Demokritos; September 03, 2013 at 05:51 AM.