Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8334849505152535455565758
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1150

Thread: Alternative Clan Colours - update to HERO EDITION released! Noif's submod still available

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - update to HERO EDITION released! Noif's submod still available

Quote Originally Posted by buraot3D View Post
    I created my personal version of your mod which I used to create something which is compatible with the Imjin war mod which adds dozens of more clans which is cool and all but they have funky colors which I don't like. Made it in 2016 but my PC died. Got a new one now, finally. Gonna ask permission to upload it to Steam Workshop once I finished creating it. Credits to you of course! One of the best visual mods for this game tbh
    Thanks for those last words, buraot3D.

So have you done something about the "funky" colours for the new clans in the Imjin mod?

You're free to do whatever you like with my mod on your own comp, but I'm not always interested in having my work spread to the public as part of someone else's package, especially if my part is the major share. I may prefer that you made your own colour mod completely and submitted THAT to Steam Workshop. Then you'd FULLY deserve any credit given to the mod.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - update to HERO EDITION released! Noif's submod still available

Is this mod compatible with MoSS?

Quote Originally Posted by GabeAngelos View Post
    Is this mod compatible with MoSS?
    Edit: You are referring to Master of Strategy Sengoku? Took a brief look at that mod and it appears that it adds new units etc. If it brings special uniform colours for those new units, it might not be compatible with ACC, as my mod gives special colours to some vanilla units, which means the mods are working on the same file. If I were you, I'd bring this question to the creator of MoSS. Or just start the game with both mods installed and see what happens. Maybe after having started the game with only one of them installed so that you know how each should appear on its own.
    Last edited by Demokritos; March 17, 2018 at 05:20 AM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Hey guys, I could use a little help with a problem.

There's a fellow over at Steam, named baal-hadad there and Agema Ippeon here, who's using ACC without permission in a mod which he calls Historically Accurate Flags For Expanded Japan Mod. You can find it here. The file which gets downloaded when you subscribe to the mod is titled AAASengoku_flags.pack and it contains, among other things, a db section in which two tables, expd_faction_uniform_colours and expd_uniform_to_faction_colours, are clones of the counterparts in ACC. I've asked him to remove my part in his mod but, although he's admitted to using my work, he refuses to oblige and removes any comment that I submit in his thread to warn people from using that mod. I've reported the problem to Steam, but they have not responded yet. I was thinking that maybe we can take turns posting comments in that thread that warn other Steam members from subscribing to that mod. If we do nothing, there's no stopping him and others like him to go on using any mod, tutorial, resource etc on TWC in like manner. So it's a concern for all creators on this site.

If that fellow gets away with the theft, I'm inclined to stop making my work available on TWC, 'cause I can live without that .

Edit: That guy has now finally backed down and removed my work from his mod. So no further need to address the matter.
    Last edited by Demokritos; October 16, 2018 at 05:08 AM.

Hello can i use this with the rights of man 3 mod?there is a compatie version over the trom forum but all links are dead.

Tried this? It does not, however, contain the latest version of either ACC or TROM.

thanks sir,but i would like to have the latest edition of trom.
    but i would like to ask about the solution offered in this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...AN-2012*/page2 at post 35,about using the combo you posted with the updated Sengoku Gekokoju,how it is possible to work since they are different mods.
    Last edited by sarpedon21; February 05, 2019 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarpedon21 View Post
    thanks sir,but i would like to have the latest edition of trom.
    but i would like to ask about the solution offered in this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...AN-2012*/page2 at post 35,about using the combo you posted with the updated Sengoku Gekokoju,how it is possible to work since they are different mods.
    The TROM3-ACC combo together with Sengoku Gekokoju? Haven't checked the contents of the latter to know its difference to regular TROM3, but I think it's at least possible to make either of them work with the latest version of ACC. It should be enough to replace any entry of the faction_uniform_colours and uniform_to_faction_colours tables in TROM3 or SG which has a counterpart in ACC with that counterpart in ACC. If you want to use all clan colours from ACC in TROM3 or SG, for example, the quickest way is probably to open ACC with the PFM tool, find its faction_uniform_colours table, mark all rows there and click on the copy button, then open the same table in TROM3 or SG, mark the last (empty) row there and click the paste button; then delete all old entries of those clans there which you want to have ACC colours for, move the marker to an unedited field and save. If there's only a few clans from ACC you want to be shown in TROM3 or SG, then you copy the row for each of those clans in ACC one at a time and paste it into the corresponding table in TROM3 or SG, deleting the old entry for that clan there before moving on to the next clan, etc. Similarly for all units in the unform_to_faction_colours table of ACC that have counterparts in TROM3 or SG. As the latter may have more factions and/or units than ACC, it might look strange to have factions and/or units with different colouring styles next to each other on the battlefield, but you either have to live with that or try editing the non-ACC faction/units in TROM3 or SG the ACC way.

That's about as far as I currently have time to help you in this matter.
    Last edited by Demokritos; February 05, 2019 at 05:15 PM.

Are the ACC download links ever going to be live again!?

I've not played Shogun 2 for some time now, as I've been waiting to be able to use ACC again!

Cheers

JC

Yea also hoping for a new link, even if u can find the mod bundled with Darthmod, fingers crossed for a re-upload soon

looks like i spoke to soon, this link seems to be working just fine

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-quot-are-back
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; July 12, 2023 at 01:54 PM. Reason: posts merged