Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: How to create a custom unit in Pack File Manager

Default Re: How to create a custom unit in Pack File Manager

I mod Black Ship n Great Guard n Chosokabe calvery archer to be played in FoTS..

unfortunately, after I upgraded their required building, sometime Great Guard n Chosokabe calvery will be available to be train.. but sometime they don't..

I've set in my mod so that Great Guard n Chosokabe calvery can be train in each level of training dojo up to legendary..

so, every time I upgrade my building, sometime they will appear, or not appear at all.. is there any limit of unit to be train for each faction?? cos I also use Radious mod for FoTS..

Dirac's Avatar Libertus

Thank you Ele, I followed your guide and everything worked fine, I already created (duplicated & edited) 4-5 units.

Dirac's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by sharezha View Post
    I mod Black Ship n Great Guard n Chosokabe calvery archer to be played in FoTS..

unfortunately, after I upgraded their required building, sometime Great Guard n Chosokabe calvery will be available to be train.. but sometime they don't..

I've set in my mod so that Great Guard n Chosokabe calvery can be train in each level of training dojo up to legendary..

so, every time I upgrade my building, sometime they will appear, or not appear at all.. is there any limit of unit to be train for each faction?? cos I also use Radious mod for FoTS..
    I think your problem lies in "building_units_allowed" table, you should add the unit for all of the building upgrades, something like this:

I've been following the guide and it works great, except I am not sure how the unit stats factor in battle. I'm looking specifically at the defensive stats, there's armour type (leather or plate) and numerical armour, health and defense skill values. The numerical values seem simple enough, if somewhat redundant but what does the armour type do? From what I can tell, only sword cavalry such as generals, sabre cavalry and katana cavalry have plate armour, but they don't seem any more resilient than other units?

hi man thanks for the tutorial, i made a unit using the samurai hero model and i have made it so it does not scare enemys in unit_stats but on game info that pops up when you hover over it says scares enemys and in battle i can charge 3000 men and they are shattered before i even get there and the unit only has 2 men WTF Heroic Victorys 2 vs 3200 how do i change that. ps thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky707 View Post
    Hello, first post here . I have ran into a problem when creating a new """Hero""" unit (just for over-powered fun) after first try i couldnt even see the unit in either custom battle or campaign, then i resolved that by changing it to mod type pack and adding user.script file... but now i seem to crash to desktop every time i add the unit to custom battle army selection screen i re-checked the pack a couple of times, changed a few things, but it still crushes, so i was wondering if one of the more experienced modders can check out my pack (its realy small, infact i think too small- one unit and i made it all clear to view and change) it would be realy great if you guys can help me out Great Thanks in Advance.

Edit: ok silly me i re-re-rechecked the tables and found that one ability out of three was missing and the hero unit was using it so it crashed.. fixed it and now all works perfect, great tutorial.

New delema: not realy important, but you know how the Katanas hero general/captan looks like? all the golden armour and the helmet... i was wondering if theres a way to make the other 2 of the soldiers have the same golden armour (so they look equal) or have the captain have normal armour? is there a way to do it with out complexety?? just using the PFM skill said in this tutorial? Again thanks for the great tutorial
    i made this it works fine u can use it as a base

Hy

Need some help i can't make long long try through the Inf_Heavy_Onna_Bushi this is simple vannilla unit garrison but i cant make recruit from SHO_Castle What i missing? i think all instuction maked (some not need because is allowed/being)

Hey how do I increase the Range of my Matchlock units?

The unit's range is in the projectiles table. sengoku matchlock units use the shogun_matchlock

Yes but how do I add the Range to the Unit? I know I clone the Row, but how do I attach it to the Unit?

If you are trying to make a new projectile id, in order for a new unit to use it you would have to put the name of the projectile under the projectile ID REF column in the units_stats_land table for the unit. That's about all I know about new projectile id's though

I want to create a Hero, maybe a clan also, i'ma little confused, i need to do this all?

Aussie-tosser's Avatar Tiro

How does one create new units for FOTS?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie-tosser View Post
    How does one create new units for FOTS?
    It is the same as Sengoku Jidai or Genpei. You just edit those tables in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ygge View Post
    It is the same as Sengoku Jidai or Genpei. You just edit those tables in question.
    OK, thanks

Also, how would one change a unit's weapons?

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie-tosser View Post
    Also, how would one change a unit's weapons?
    There's Officer and Unit Weapon. Also dont forget about the projectile that weapon fires, and the animation using that particular weapon.

Its in unit_stats_land table; under "officer"(refers to "battle_personalities" table), equipment theme(refers "warscape_equipment_themes" table), "default_missile_type" (refer to projectiles table), "man_animations_table" (refers to animations_tables.txt)

The most important is the equipment theme. Its changes the weapon for the soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    There's Officer and Unit Weapon. Also dont forget about the projectile that weapon fires, and the animation using that particular weapon.

Its in unit_stats_land table; under "officer"(refers to "battle_personalities" table), equipment theme(refers "warscape_equipment_themes" table), "default_missile_type" (refer to projectiles table), "man_animations_table" (refers to animations_tables.txt)

The most important is the equipment theme. Its changes the weapon for the soldiers.
    Thankyou

Secondly, how does one edit units looks? And how does one edit a units colour to be the same no matter the faction?

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Through variantmodels files. Look at models2. The Name of Variantmodels are referenced by uniforms table.
    The Variantmodels files lists the variety of the unit models used.

Fixed colors for units, for instances just like for Foreign Marines, so not affected by faction colors are governed by uniform_to_factions_colours table

Is there any way of getting units I have created in unit editor to work with a pack I have made in PFM?