Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: How to create a custom unit in Pack File Manager

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: How to create a custom unit in Pack File Manager

I would also would like to know if anyone has figured out what the last column in cdir_units_unit_qualities is. I still need info on the above post too.

I tried to mod matchlock units a bit, making matchlock ashigaru recruitable with Attack by Fire, and raising all matchlock ranges to 150, by modifying projectiles_tables and unit_required_technology_junctions_tables. My changes are not showing up; how to fix this? I've saved it as both a mod and a movie, but still no changes.

i dont think range will show up in stat

The range is short in custom battles; the matchlock unit will not shoot at their new range (I set it equal to bow ashigaru range).

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions
    If you want a unit to show up for a specific faction, you enter the UnitID (e.g. "Cav_Missile_Bow_Cavalry"), the specific faction name (e.g. 'chosokabe') and in the last column type "True". Making multiple rows using the same UnitID and multiple faction names will make that unit show up in the unit roster of all factions you entered.

units_to_groupings_military_permissions
    This is non-specific. It makes a unit apply to every faction in a particular group. All factions found in the original campaign (as well as a few factions not used in the campaign) are part of the "japan" group. So, in a row, adding "Cav_Missile_Bow_Cavalry" as the UnitID and "japan" as the group will make the Bow Cavalry unit available for every clan in the original campaign.

These tables can also work in conjunction with each other. For example, clan-specific units are distinct from their base counterparts. Using the Bow Cavalry example, there is a vanilla row in "units_to_groupings_military_permissions" that contains "Cav_Missile_Bow_Cavalry" as the UnitID and "japan" as the group. The Takeda, however, have their own clan-specific Bow Cav unit ("Cav_Missile_Bow_Cavalry_Takeda").

Here's where "units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions" comes in. In that table, the Takeda's access "Cav_Missile_Bow_Cavalry" needs to be removed and "Cav_Missile_Bow_Cavalry_Takeda" needs to be added. In the first row, we have "Cav_Missile_Bow_Cavalry", the second we have "takeda" - the FactionID - and third we have 'False' (this 'True' or 'False' entry tells the game whether or not this particular unit should appear for this particular faction). In the second row, we have "Cav_Missile_Bow_Cavalry_Takeda" in the first column, "takeda" in the second and "True" in the third. This is how the game allows quick access to all units but removes it for a specific clan in favour of a better unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad213Boy View Post
    Can someone please tell me what's the difference between these 2? I've tried contacting the original poster but he hasn't responded after a couple of days. Can you give me an example as to when both are needed and when only one will be needed? The original explanation doesn't differentiate the difference very well.

units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions (this tells the game, predictably, who can use the unit. If it's not listed here, no one can use it)
    units_to_groupings_military_permissions (very similar to the above, this tells the game who can use the unit)

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Strange, I can't find the warrior nuns units, does it have another name in the tables ?

Check out patch5.pack and onwards. They were attached to the Ikko-ikki DLC.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Found it, thanks for the tip ^^

Now I'm missing unit.loc, anyone can tell me where it is ? *Utter noob spotted* haha
    why can't this be as *easy* as europa universalis ? haha

If you use an English version, the latest will be in "local_en_patch.pack". To my vague understanding, any other languages has text entries dumped in one big localisation file, the name of which I can't remember. Hopefully a non-english modder can clarify that last point for me.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I have the french version of the game, the file in question is in local_fr_patch.pack with the oh so original *localisalion.loc* file name,crappy long list including everything from events to general speaches to names of characters, gonna be a pain -_-

not doing so bad so far, but I have one (hopefully) last question, how do you go for creating new garison units ? ^^
    decided to redo all units for my uber-faction and I would love to redo garrisons(watch the wallet tough, the upkeep I put there is on par with their strengh) haha

"Garrison" units are just regular units that cannot be recruited but are associated with the building_level_armed_citizenry_junctions_tables table.

Sorry, i'm trying to learn the basics of modding for Shogun, i'm very noob. Could someone tell me where do i find these "DBs"? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rato View Post
    Sorry, i'm trying to learn the basics of modding for Shogun, i'm very noob. Could someone tell me where do i find these "DBs"? Thanks.
    Download the Packfilemanager, then open the latest patchX.pack file (in the data folder under your TWS installation).
    Make sure that if you edit something, don't save it in the patch file itself, but create one of your own.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Thanks my friend, so patch"x" (x stands for the lastest patch number i guess?). After this i just need to open the right files, required on this tutorial!?

Another issue, i could not find some of the dbs of this thread using the "search tool". What could be worng? Maybe i'm using another version of the pack file manager than yours?

Great guide gents

How does one change the look of the officer unit? I'm trying to create a taisho unit to use in custom battle that has a specific face.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Okay so I followed the instructions and I probably did something really obviously wrong and it is probably right in front of my face so I am going to attach my pack here and can someone tell me where I went wrong?

Note: I have Darth Mod but it shouldn't conflict since they don't use the same units... right?

Nevermind I got it.. set it to movie and it worked.