Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: How to create a custom unit in Pack File Manager

Default Re: How to create a custom unit in Pack File Manager

This is driving me nuts. I've been trying to edit the stats of loan-sword ashigaru for the ikko-ikki but every time I start up the game their stats are the vanilla ones. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

"In a man to man fight the winner is he with one more bullet in his clip."
    - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

"Suffer not the Witch to live, nor the Heretic to spread his lies!"

Quogie's Avatar Foederatus

This is great thank you helped alot,~/ do you know how to edit the stats for the daimyo in campaign?/ & how to make Date masamune playable in the campaign aswell? if so that would be a great help, thanks.

Can someone tell me how can I make ninja unit being recruitable instead of ashigaru? And remove ashigaru recruitment all together from Hattori?

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

Which file do I need to mod and how do I mod to make Christian only units?? like the Nanban Trade Ship
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

I did everything in the instruction and the unit works fine except that it seems to cause the bow to sound like a cannon
    Is there any fix for this?

]hi guys im new here i created a unite and followed the instruction correctly but it doesn't show in campaign at all i will till you every thing i did :

1.i opened data.patch file and added the unit to it as you instructed(units-building_units_allowed_cdir_unit_qualities....etc)
    2.saved the file as patch file
    3.i replaced it with data file of the original game
    4.i played game and the unit doesnt appeared anyone can help i tried so many times i could remember to solve it plz help and many thanks for your great effort
    in advance

Hi I'm also new here and as the guy above i complied with all the instructions but with no results. I've checked all the files i've worked and nothing come up. Although i have the PFM i used the MMS file because it allows to work all in the same. So far and for understanding i didn't clone a unit but mnade one from scratch. In the unit_to_exclusive_factions and since it was a new unit i just added the unit and set it to takeda and true. The unit i created was a Heavy Cav similar to the Great Guard. Strange that in the exclusive file the Takeda Great Guard as false but in the custom battle it shows the Great Guard and not the Takeda Great Guard unit. Well can someone help me on this. I would apreciate a lot txs

ok u did a great job, but i still confuse
    1. what application u use???
    2. where i can find that db??
    3. and i still dont know what are u talking about without application req, step by step, and u just straight to the point
    its ok u call me noob
    but im here to learn
    pls tell me as clear as u can

but how to creat it ???

can someone reupload the attachment?

Quote Originally Posted by accretiaV2 View Post
    I did everything in the instruction and the unit works fine except that it seems to cause the bow to sound like a cannon
    Is there any fix for this?
    Sinfonia Semplice should fix this problem:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=841895462
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...d-Fixing-Tool)

Also, thanks for the tutorial, Ele. It's a little out of date, but it still helped me create new units in PFM 4.1.2.

For those using PFM 4.1.2, the biggest issue you may face is making your custom units appear in the dropdown menu in other tables such as unit_stats_land. It turns out that you simply just need to save your pack file, exit PFM, restart PFM and reopen your pack file. This method not only works for just custom units, but for anytime you create a new entry (e.g. making a new entry in the battle_entities table and getting to appear under the man column or whatever that column is called in the unit_stats_land table). No need to mess up other tables with the Update DB files tool like I did when I first started making custom units.
    Last edited by Jon_the_XII; March 18, 2017 at 09:48 PM.

Hey how do you add cannons and crew to the L'Ocean class Ironclad? I made a custom version of it but I don't know how to add more guns...
    Here's my custom L'Ocean class Ironclad:Custom_L'Ocean_ Imperial_Class.rar

Quote Originally Posted by MrHoon View Post
    I found out why portraits are missing!

Silly thing about the Clone button on File Pack thing is that sometimes it doesn't clone everything

So go back to UNIFORM and if your portraits are missing, you'll see that half of your entries are blank !
    Fill em up and tada! You'll have portraits~
    Hello from 2017! I doubt you will answer, but my uniform tables are full except for musician filename and standard bearer filename. I am trying to make the katana cav, yari cav, and bow cav for the ikko ikki look like warrior monks instead of samurai. It works just how i wanted, by basically making a seperate version of all, and making their uniform the same as the naginata warrior monk cav, but sadly the portraits are blank in custom battles, there is no unit name, and the portrait is of the naginata warrior monk cav mid battle.. D oyou know how to fix this?

Could anyone help me with a minor problem that I am having. I'm able to follow the tutorial almost completely. The only problem that I have is that the Uniforms drop down for the Unit selection doesn't list my unit, while it does everywhere else.

Hi, very nice tut.

Well, i have a problem... i followed this thread, as much as i could understand. But, when i play the game, it crashes before the cutscene with the "r6025 function call" problem. Could someone please help me? I'm trying to fix that but with no sucess.

PS: i created a totally new unit and variant for that unit. The variant is NOT DIVIDED in minor parts, but in a single one. Thx and have a good day ^^

Does anyone have a RPFM version for this? I'm trying to make a submod and I keep crashing

Quote Originally Posted by Palaiogos View Post
    Does anyone have a RPFM version for this? I'm trying to make a submod and I keep crashing
    . Hi. Sorry for my poor english at first.
    If you are still inrerested in creat units, send me a private messege to add you on steam or discord. Or everyone who have doubt, send a pv and we can work together. For now i have 1 custom unit. Its calles Hiromoto's Wako Heroes. They looks like no dachi with wako clothes and hattori abilities and banzai. I will post and image soon of my future custom units. For now am writing from mobile.
    Also, if you have troubles with make a good graphic unit card, feel free to ask me for help. I am graphic designer and i made very good UC. They looks like originals from game, that its the idea right?

Send me pv guys and we will make a good pack!

Hi. Can you be more explicit with NOT DIVIDED

i need some help whenever i start up my game it just crashes without the cuts scenes